• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

vizualbandtit

vizualbandtit

Mar 5, 2024
Does anyone else have derealization or has had derealization in the past? I've been dissociated for 7 years now and I was wondering what things you do that help you or anything such

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I have DPDR and it's been constant for 2 years. I used to have them in episodes that lasted from a few hours to a few weeks. What used to help was reminding myself that this is the condition and not who I am and it's my brain just keeping me safe. I'm not sure how effective it is for long term dissociation though.

I may not be able to help/ offer much useful suggestions, but my DM is always open if you need someone to relate to. 🙂

Reactions: vizualbandtit
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Almost my whole life. It started when I was dissociating as a kid to blunt my emotions, then at one moment when I was a teen it went 24/7. The weird thing is when that happened I was doing allright. Since then it never stopped except for a few brief moments.

I got used to it eventually but it did annoy me in early days and no one understood me when I opened up about it.

World is basically a fog. I did enjoy it to a degree but nothing felt quite real. It is like having a good or bad dream, but it is always a dream.

Good comparison I read once was that it is like looking at the world through the veil.

Reactions: vizualbandtit