ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
A very special friend has had the patience to talk with me, and they've got through to me and made me realise that going through with it tomorrow would not be a truly rational thing to do.
This is great news. Can we still have a party tomorrow evening? :D

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Lilacmoon, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
This is great news. Can we still have a party tomorrow evening? :D
I second this. Let's have a party anyway just to celebrate BG being a cool guy

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Lilacmoon, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
a section 21 doesn't mean that you are guarenteed to get evicted. they still have to take you to court, a judge can still grant you to stay, even after all that. it cost £1000's and not many landlords will do it because of cost and not being guarenteed.

i worked for a landlord with a 1000 houses and the houses were all payed off( he was absolutely loaded) even they didn't do it to tennants.

i just found this found this aswell....

We are recommending that landlords suspend or delay evictions during the Covid-19 pandemic in line with Government Guidance. Due to Covid-19 there is uncertainty on when eviction proceedings will be allowed to recommence. The notice period you set out in this notice may be extended due to changes made by the Government in response to the pandemic. Failure to comply with this extended notice period may result in your notice being invalidated.

Can my landlord evict me during the COVID-19 pandemic?
The provisions of the Coronavirus Act 2020, which increased the required notice period length, have now been extended through legislation.

This means that from 29 August 2020, with the exception of the most serious cases, landlords are not able to start possession proceedings unless they have given their tenants six months' notice. These serious cases include those in relation to anti-social behaviour (including rioting), domestic abuse, false statement and where a tenant has accrued rent arrears to the value of over six months' rent.

even if they start proceedings it can take years and plenty of times in court adding upto a lot of money. i can't see them doing that if they have said you aren't that bad a tennant! not when they realise the cost and effort!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheQ22 and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Glad to hear you'll be staying till the end of the party BPG. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Am I still invited?