• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
But they just keep on talking and talking and the way I see it, they don't really hear me.
They probably don't. I've talked to a few people about this; a good listener has to be willing to be vulnerable and open. That means really putting themselves in their shoes to the best of their ability, trying to understand where you're coming from. But it can be scary to listen, it's easier to be less present and spout platitudes, superficial advice that may have helped them.

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
One the things I really struggle with interacting with others is the 'masking' required to not inconvience them. I can't seem to convincingly mask my anxiety, depression or OCD very well at all.

The automatic response I have to their discomfort/rejection is to be very reserved, but that comes with its own problems. I'm either considered a weak, pathetic alien or an emotionless robot.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
It becomes irritating to them when you're still not "cured" with their lip service it seems. Becoming someone's emotional support is exhausting but why it is that It's always us that takes the blame. Are we just too weak to live in this world or just being dramatic babies that can't get their shit together? Obviously its not the case, but on how people treat us, it feels that way.

Victim blaming is just so prominent, its making me feel like it's all my fault.
That's what I mean.

I'm sad that some people here feel guilty for being a "burden" on other people.

Why don't those people feel bad for not properly supporting their friends or family members, huh? We're the ones who have to get kicked the curb for having problems. And get made fun of for not having a perfect life, or the ability to just positive think yourself out of seeing how shit the world is.

It really is a "fuck you, I got mine," kinda thing I see sometimes. If that's the kind of mentality you have to adopt to survive in this world, I don't want to.

I

IAmExhausted

Dec 6, 2020
Us depressed people do not receive help, we live day in and day out in the dark world of negativity and hopelessness so that normies don't have to.
Then what shall those normies do?

But it can be scary to listen, it's easier to be less present and spout platitudes, superficial
Oh yes, I experienced that a lot.

Why don't those people feel bad for not properly supporting their friends or family members, huh?
Again, what shall they do? Be there, listen for hours, day to day? What should their support look like!? I personally have no idea.

Yes, I feel very much a burden on others. I don't want to be the guy who brings down whatsoever. I rather stay away, be quiet.

WasGehtnAb?

WasGehtnAb?

Dec 20, 2020
I guess the problem is that "normies" simply can't fully understand depressions and depressives can't fully understand normies because everything they do looks so easy. They speak different languages.

Normies DO want to help but they don't know how. You should first think about which situations you can improve by talking to other people and how they can help you. Everything else may feel good for some time but is not effective because you can overwhelm them easily.

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog