• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
All the xmas threads just remind me of this topic. I just wanted to share.

When its the festive season, It just makes me want stuff, even if its just for leisure. Which is funny cause before being suicidal, I'm very careful with money. I feel like my weakened mental state makes me want to get a product for instant gratification. I can still manage it, but it gives me undue stress. Xmas makes its double with all the gift giving and discounts. I can't stay away from shops even if i want to.

My weird brain would even hold into that thing (even for years), and always nag me for not getting it. But if i actually buy it, there's prepackaged guilt included. I can never win.

The only thing preventing me from burning my wallet, is that I'm broke. But now even looking at ads reminds me that I'm unemployed so it makes me feel worse. Consumerism is not good for my mental state.

Anyone feeling the same way? I love this season but it's hurting my brain.

• Hugs
Reactions: CoalmineCanary
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Bipolar makes me impulse shop so I am left with a credit card bill after. It is very hard to manage. One of the things I noticed was just enjoying the stimulation that came with the excitement from receiving parcels in the mail. Especially around holidays because parcels are being sent to everyone. At the height of mania, I feel the need to buy all kinds of things for others. It's compulsive and strange but maintaining discipline during these moments is all about reminding myself of my past debts and how financially stressful it is after a manic episode. The holidays complicates all of this.

I hope you're able to manage during this period. Good luck. :heart: :hug:

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I feel the need to buy all kinds of things for others.
Oh yah I get that! I usually had this excuse, that it's for other people so it should be ok, but it's still draining my wallet nethertheless.
I hope you're able to manage during this period. Good luck. :heart:
Yeah, I hope our self control be extra vigilant this year. 2020's been stressful so it's worn thin. Sending hugs :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: CoalmineCanary