• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

elimliadam

elimliadam

Feb 11, 2024
Some info about me:
I am living in Germany (Hamburg) for 2 years now. I am a foreigner studying in a university. After I graduate from uni, I have no further intentions to stay and live here (this part is for those who are against foreigners. I understand and respect, of course.).

My problem:
My depression began exactly 1 year ago. It got worsened in the last 3 months. It unimaginably affected my everyday life in negative way. I suffer everyday.
I started looking for a psychiatrist 2 weeks ago. I have statuary(gesetzlich) insurance from Barmer. Then I learned that it is not really an easy process to make appointment at psychiatrist.
So far I called more than 30 "Praxis" or medical clinics (I do speak german to some extent. I have B2 level certificate). Nearly all of them told me that they are at full capacity and can not receive new patient. Some were kind enough to give me an appointment for 6 months later. But unfortunately I can not wait that longer. New semester begins next months and I can not bear this suffering any more.

My wish:
Please help me to find an psychiatrist.

skeletontree

skeletontree

翼が欲しい...
Aug 6, 2023
I've recently went through the same difficulty of finding a new psychiatrist / making an appointment. Most psychiatrists as well as psychologists have long waiting lists at the moment or full capacities, but there are still some ways to get an appointment (a bit) faster.

First method: Your insurance (Barmer in your case) is actually obligated to search & get you an appointment (especially if you tell them that you tried it on your own and couldn't get an appointment in the nearby future). If this doesn't lead anywhere, there are two other options that come to my mind:

Second method: doctolib (a webpage where you can search and find free slots in your area & make appointments directly online). Checking the page at different times a day might help, because they refresh it quite often. There you would type in "Psychiater" in the search bar and "Hamburg" for the place where you would like to search one. There you can also find out who is taking in new patients and who isn't. So it can save you time and energy (and you don't have to call somewhere).

Third method: 116117 (phone number for the so called "ärztlicher Bereitschaftsdienst"), it's a telephone hotline for medical advise but also in case someone needs help with finding a therapist/psychiatrist/hospital/anything else related to medical fields & health care. I think they should also be able to speak English.

Hope this helps you a bit and that you'll be able to find a psychiatrist soon : )

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
Hii! I am sorry ur going thru this hard time rn :(( I live in Germany and I understand the struggle. Adding to the post above me I wanted to suggest a "Tagesklinik". Not always but sometimes they have free slots and let you see their doctors or therapists. If you emphasize that you cant find anyone else and that you feel bad they might help you!

• Informative
Reactions: Suicidebydeath