• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

StaringIntoAnAbyss

StaringIntoAnAbyss

Is it all just a quantum dream ?
Aug 23, 2023
hey not doing so good and was wondering what I could to to be less anxious and see less shit yesterday I only slept 3 hours or something and iets already 5 am now plus my earbuds are almost out of charge which will probably make me here more shit Aswel and I really don't want another night as yesterday.

Does anyone know how to deal with the fear when having having hallucinations and ideas and what I can do to make them less
It isn't something new to me and I'm on antipsychotics which I don't take but I am fuckinf scared

NomoreShame

NomoreShame

Mar 8, 2024
Hey man, sorry to hear this, sounds pretty shit to say the least.
I get these also, voices more. My fist one would be music, you say that you earbuds are low, could always just play music from you're phone at low volume and place beside you're pillow. Also when it starts getting rough and I start getting anxious, I recognize it's one of these nights and it isn't always going to be like this.

Reactions: BrainShower
StaringIntoAnAbyss

StaringIntoAnAbyss

Is it all just a quantum dream ?
Aug 23, 2023
Hey man, sorry to hear this, sounds pretty shit to say the least.
I get these also, voices more. My fist one would be music, you say that you earbuds are low, could always just play music from you're phone at low volume and place beside you're pillow. Also when it starts getting rough and I start getting anxious, I recognize it's one of these nights and it isn't always going to be like this.
Ye was listening to music to drown em out but, earbuds dead now. The birds are already going crazy and it fucking scares me but ohh well thx for the reply ❤️
Hope you have a good night without voices :)

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I don't have a ton of experience with this situation, but I have visual hallucinations if I get sleep deprived enough. I've read that you can discourage those by keeping the area you're in really well-lit. I guess it's supposed to keep your brain from making false identifications of indistinct shapes. It didn't really work for me, but it might work for someone.

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
I am so so sorry your going through this. I understand and empathise with your fear.

Ive been plagued by visual hallucinations since before I started kindergarden. When I was younger I was TERRIFIED of them. I rarely slept. I've always looked older than my age and I firmly believe its from lack of sleep for most of my life. I would hide in my bed, terrifed as things hovered over me, and twice I could have sworn they touched me. I screamed out of reflex, waking my parents and getting in trouble. They were very frustrated with me about it when I was small.

When I was in junior high I told my mother the truth of why I hadn't been sleeping all my life and she did.... nothing. Never took me to get help. Never talked to me. Never came to my aid or to check on me at night. Nothing.

Around the same time I had an uncle tell me they were real and that he saw them too. I dont remember how we started messaging on facebook or how the conversation turned to the subject. He claimed to have physically fought them, had them attack. Claimed his wife saw them too. He even claimed to be able to sense where the ones in my room were at. And of course I would look where he directed me and I would see one. It fucked me up in the head BAD for awhile. Of course I saw them where he mentioned, it was the power of suggestion. He was mind fucking me. I told him I didnt want to talk about it anymore. I have only seen him in person like twice at family gatherings since then. I acted as if it never happened. I dont know if he is mentally unwell or if he is simply cruel and wanted to fuck with my head.

As an adult, I find myself doing one of two things: Remind myself they arent real, or fully embrace the madness. I work 3rd shift a few times a month, and as someone else mentioned its a LOT worse when I'm sleep deprived. I also work alone. So here I am in a room all by myself for 12 hours at night, and very sleepy. They will startle me for sure, but normally I just remind myself that they arent real and a product of my anxiety and sleep deprivation. But if I'm really having a bad go of it, I embrace the madness. I talk to them. Sometimes in a pleading way, asking what they want. To hurt me? To be my friend? If they want to be my friend, then I would love someone to talk to. If they want to hurt me, well go right ahead, I wish to die anyways so just get it over with.

To be clear, I do not believe embracing the madness to be the best response to the situation. I just cant help it sometimes.

I'm no expert, I do not know the exact cause of my hallucinations, and of course I dont know about yours. But I am sorry youre afraid and going through this. Are you able, does it help, to remind yourself they aren't real? I'm a very factual person, so I just try to remind myself they are a product of my broken brain, my depression and anxiety and sleep deprivation. It has a logical explanation, therefore there is no need to fear.

Someone mentioned lights and I agree with that as well. I have to have nightlights, doorways expecially must be lit. I dont really have auditory halluctinations. Very rarely, and its not voices or anything, just things that arent there going "bump" in the night. Sorry your earbuds died, can you just use your phone speaker quietly to drown it out?

Its been a few hours since your post, I hope your ok.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
@BojackHorseman I'm sorry you r suffering so much from hallucinations. Have you ever talked about that with a doctor? Tried any treatment? Have you considered getting contact with shamans/mediums who seem to have abilities to get in contact with entities in other dimension? (and @StaringIntoAnAbyss )

There is far more out there what "normal humans" cannot experience. We don't know whether it's real or not. It could be real if there are other dimensions which we normally cannot sense. It could very be the case. Psychedelic drugs can open doors into other dimensions by activating and connecting different parts of our brains, maybe those parts are activated and connected naturally for you.

Throughout human history there were always people seeing and hearing things that the rest of the group couldn't see, some of them became prophets and were woven into religion.

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
@Praestat_Mori
Truly no offense intended, but as a scientist and an atheist I don't really believe in mediums and such. I find it much more comforting and realistic that it is mental illness, not supernatural. I truly mean no offense. You are correct that I technically should speak with a doctor. I never have told my therapist about that part, so I have also never had medication. She was not a good therapist, but I live in a rural area without many options. I also have very very shitty health insurance with a super high deductible, so I can't really afford it either, that's the main reason. Since the doctors around here suck, I thought about looking into the video chat therapy, if I can afford it.

I just want to say you seem like a very nice person. I've been noticing some of your comments and posts, you seem kind, thank you for caring.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrainShower