• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
For the most part, I don't actively SH. If I'm feeling anxious, I may dig my nails into myself, usually the back of my neck or a location that isn't visible to the other person, as an act of grounding. But upon occasion, I develop these intense feelings of wanting to bang my head against a wall, punch myself in the head, etc. I used to cut when these intense feelings would arise, but it has since stopped being effective in releasing pent up energy.

I don't usually notice an actual trigger, just a feeling like I may rupture. Like I suddenly have so much "energy," inside that if I do nothing I would implode.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Yes, I get this feeling most days. It's awful. Do you notice any sort of pattern at all? I know you said you haven't noticed any specific triggers, but perhaps you have it after not sleeping well, a certain time of day, etc?

Reactions: NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Yes, I get this feeling most days. It's awful. Do you notice any sort of pattern at all? I know you said you haven't noticed any specific triggers, but perhaps you have it after not sleeping well, a certain time of day, etc?
Hmm, I don't generally sleep well, so that could be a contributing factor.

It could have been anger, something annoying was said during a podcast I was watching. But I dismissed it.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
When I have lots of dopamine, it triggers the same response in me to be impulsive and SH. I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but it feels like my brain is doing the exact opposite of how someone else would act, the rush motivates me to do it.

Reactions: NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
When I have lots of dopamine, it triggers the same response in me to be impulsive and SH. I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but it feels like my brain is doing the exact opposite of how someone else would act, the rush motivates me to do it.
I couldn't say if it's too much dopamine, but I think you're spot on- yeah. It's a sudden rush & sometimes it's incredibly hard to ignore.