I

itstoomuch

Jan 15, 2024
Hi, I've lurked in the shadows for a while, but I finally joined the site today.

I'm currently in a mental health hospital under section (UK mental health act). It's not my first time, but by faaaarrr the worst. Nobody here cares at all. I've made several attempts to CTB, but with the limited resources I have here, I don't get very far. The staff know what I'm doing, and leave me to it. I think they hope I'll be successful and no longer a burden to them. I gave up asking them to confiscate the temptations, they do for everyone else on the ward, but they just don't care about me at all.

I guess my question is, what would be the most successful way to CTB in a place like this? I've tried making ligatures out of clothing, but just as I start blacking out, I find myself pulling it off my neck. Same with blocking the sink and trying to drown myself. I start to black out, then up I come gasping for air. I guess I'm a coward when it comes to pain and panic. I smuggled pills in, but though I ended up tripping balls, I couldn't get enough in to do much harm.

Should I pretend I'm fine so that I get discharged, and have access to everything again? Though I'm blatantly not fine and don't know if I can fake it.

Any thoughts are most welcome. And I don't want to put anyone off getting sectioned. They don't treat anyone else here like this, just me it seems šŸ˜¢

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: pole, LetmeCTB566, Kit1 and 1 other person
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
Can you get in the meds cabinet ?

S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
Sadly not, it's in a separate area of the building I have no access to. They bring them out on a tray once they've prepared them.
I understandā€¦If being there isn't helping you in anyway and they don't care about your welfare then I'd try and leave.
I am sorry they have been shitty towards you.

Reactions: LetmeCTB566 and Kit1
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
I'd second this, whether you ctb or not, they obviously don't care, so where's the point of staying there?
Idk what you're going through, why you're there or why you want to ctb so idk how hard it is for you to leave.

I do believe no one ho isn't a criminal deserves to be locked up, no matter how sick they are, so yea, would be nice if you could find a way out there.
Is there any chance someone can help you from outside?
I've heard there are special lawyers or something like that that can help people get out of there, idk how that works but maybe you can find something about that on the net.

Reactions: Kit1
I

itstoomuch

Jan 15, 2024
I've been locked up since September last year, purely for bad depression and wanting to CTB. It's hell on earth here. I've tried to contact patient liaison services, but they fob me off. I broke my foot while I was here (accidentally, slipped in my room) but the staff didn't believe me and made me hobble on it for 2 weeks before they finally agreed to an x-ray which showed a fracture. Some of them sniggered at my pain and discomfort. But I worry any lawyer would think, who would be believed, registered nurses and healthcare professionals, or a person detained under the mental health act? I'll have a look again though, thanks for caring enough to replyšŸ‘

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LetmeCTB566, stuckinthemud and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am so sorry that they have sectioned you and don't even give a damn - that is so cruel and callous. To be honest, I think your best way out is to act as though you are perfectly okay and wait to be discharged.

Also you might want to keep detailed notes of everything that happens including dates, times and names of personnel - I case you would like tonsue for medical negligence, psychological harm etc.

Good Luck

• Love
Reactions: LetmeCTB566 and Kasumi
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
Just act like you're stable and recovered so you can be discharged. It's what I did.

Reactions: LetmeCTB566 and Novacaine
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Just act like you're stable and recovered so you can be discharged. It's what I did.
mental health hospitals are such a joke really, put you in for ridiculous reasons and let you out if you just play pretend for a while.

• Love
Reactions: pole and LetmeCTB566
H25pital Order

H25pital Order

Liquid Medication
Dec 4, 2023
At least your hospital allows mobiles with unrestricted internet access!

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
UK is terrible, they don't care about suicide at all and seem happier if we CTB. This government does absolutely nothing for suicide prevention and recovery, they are truly ruthless monsters.

I'd just tell them what they want to hear and get out of there. An under resourced hospital, with over worked staff will probably make you more ill rather than better.