• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
Well someone from my city made a whole spread sheet of CTB during the year, they included methods, age, whether it was successful etc, using reports from local news sites
For convenience sake I'm just gonna translate some of the crucial statistics here for reference
So in the month of January 2019
MethodSucceededNope
Hanging91
Jumping2314
Drugs21
Charcoal60
Drowning02
There's also gas and bleeding but those cases weren't that successful. Numbers might be a little off coz the spreadsheet is Huge.

February 2019
MethodSucceeded Nope
Jumping3210
Hanging103
Bleeding/ Cutting05
Charcoal66
Drowning42

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: fister, Help_Me, Deleted member 4288 and 6 others
Only Me Here

Only Me Here

Apr 29, 2019
The charcoal success rate is higher then i thought it would be, the only one with 100 percent. I was originally planning on that but the failure stories scared me off it. Thats good news for those who are using that method.

L

Lookingforhelp93

May 19, 2019
Wow that's a lot of failed jumps! Curious as to what went wrong..

Reactions: whyidon'tknow, Ruffian and Strumgewehr
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
The charcoal success rate is higher then i thought it would be, the only one with 100 percent. I was originally planning on that but the failure stories scared me off it. Thats good news for those who are using that method.

Bear in mind that the compiler of the statistics would know about ALL successes (just about) but would not necessarily know about all failed attempts.

Reactions: whyidon'tknow, Ruffian, Strumgewehr and 1 other person
Only Me Here

Only Me Here

Apr 29, 2019
Bear in mind that the compiler of the statistics would know about ALL successes (just about) but would not necessarily know about all failed attempts.
Good point.

Reactions: whyidon'tknow and Strumgewehr
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
Every one of those numbers used to be a person, until life squished the life outta them
sigh

• Hugs
Reactions: whyidon'tknow and Ruffian
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Jumping failures would very likely be known about, hence the large figure. Many/most fails at the other categories may never have come to notice of anybody but the attemptor.

No "poisoning" (overdoses) nor shootings ? Odd.

Last edited:
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
Jumping failures would very likely be known about, hence the large figure. Many/most fails at the other categories may never have come to notice of anybody but the attemptor.

No "poisoning" (overdoses) nor shootings ? Odd.

firearms not allowed here so cases are few and far between. The ctb statistics will defo be very different in different countries. Was surprised about the OD thing too since I'm still going to use SN

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
To continue with the theme of statistics . . . . . . . . in UK, averaged out, there is a completed suicide every 90 minutes. (About 6000 per annum)

It's difficult to guess at the ratio of completed attempts to failed attempts, for main reasons.

1. Not all failed attempts are reported and recorded
  2. It's impossible to know how many "attempts" are genuine and should be counted as an attempt.

The stats are further skewed by the fact that many probable suicides are not recorded as such, where coroners are left in doubt.

I wonder what the true figures are ?

Reactions: memento_mori
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019

Charcoal is still my preferred method, although I'm now researching SN.

My understanding with charcoal is that it needs to be administered in a small and well-contained place, such as a vehicle with all the vents covered over with duct tape.

With charcoal, successfully lighting it can be difficult (if not impossible). Some sources just refuse to ignite. I'd rather have too many charcoal sources than not enough.

Then there's the seasonality. Charcoal can get very warm; it's possible some people may end up bailing due to the heat before the CO levels in their body hits critical mass, thus being counted as a failed attempt.

I wouldn't use charcoal in summer or during the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: memento_mori
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
them hanging ones are interesting.