XXXWRLD

XXXWRLD

May 22, 2023
I have learned about outdoor cremation of the past and present and I would like to use this method.

It looks like stacking logs together in a rectangle formation with some kindling and possibly some duraflame logs at the bottom would be adequate for self cremation.

I would like to ctb on top and set the stack ablaze around the same time. It would definitely require a lot of planning to make sure I got the fire hot enough and it was in a place where the fire wouldn't be put out before it was done.

This would require getting the supplies and securing an obscure location. I don't think I have the ability to do all of that but I think it would be my ideal way to ctb.

Clear out all of my belongings, give notice of my departure and return my body to it's base elements. The goal being to cut out the police report, responders, medical examiners, morgue, funeral home etc.

didntmeantohauntyou

didntmeantohauntyou

Sorry4dying
Aug 23, 2023
Sounds cool but also really hard, im not sure if id want to be thinking about the logistics of all this in my last moments

Reactions: Ghostmaster and XXXWRLD
ChantDuCygne

ChantDuCygne

Aug 23, 2023
I think there's something I'm missing here, because I can't imagine not struggling with SI while burning. Would you be locked in place?

XXXWRLD

XXXWRLD

May 22, 2023
Sounds cool but also really hard, im not sure if id want to be thinking about the logistics of all this in my last moments

Ideally I would get everything setup beforehand and then ctb the next day.
Having someone's help would be nice but I wouldn't want them to have any legal liability or bad feelings from helping me ctb.

I wonder how long until we can just hit a button and disintegrate like in Star Trek where they beam places, only you just disintegrate and it's over. 2030? I don't think I can wait that long.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Having seen burn victims, I'd never suggest this as an option. Death is not assured unless you were, in some manner, locked in place. As you will, almost certainly, writhe, scream and throw yourself about in agony you cannot imagine until the nerve endings are burnt away and/or you pass into shock and unconciousness with the sheer pain overload.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I don't think this is advisable due to how agonizing self-immolation is. Another issue is the potential for the fire to spread if there's no one to oversee it. That said, I deeply empathize with your wishes. The more I think about it, the more I'm disturbed by my body being found or recognizable. At the very least, I want to be cremated ASAP upon death (i.e., direct cremation).

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
There's a much simpler, quicker and foolproof way, jumping into a volcano 🌋 Hundreds do it every year in Japan and such.

It's a guaranteed free cremation, but mother nature's keeping the ashes.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Even if you are dead first, cremation is an intense process. Without the crematorium, they just find a slightly burned body.

XXXWRLD

XXXWRLD

May 22, 2023
There's a much simpler, quicker and foolproof way, jumping into a volcano 🌋 Hundreds do it every year in Japan and such.

It's a guaranteed free cremation, but mother nature's keeping the ashes.
I have read about cases where people don't actually make it into the lava and are recovered on the rim. Some things I've read also suggest people would/could float on the lava.

Idk, I've looked at the hot springs in Yellowstone as a possibility, again people/shoes etc have been found floating. I've also looked at the volcano in Hawaii, but after finding articles about search teams being sent out and recovering a body from the rim inside I thought naa the last thing I want to do is possibly inconvenience even more people and make it more of a spectacle.

Also I think the Japanese volcano has become a lot harder to access as the authorities have looked for ways to stop people from ctb there.
Even if you are dead first, cremation is an intense process. Without the crematorium, they just find a slightly burned body.

Self Cremation method

In my research I found this. Not easy by any means but possible. About a half ton of wood.

Last edited:
Reactions: CW36
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I have read about cases where people don't actually make it into the lava and are recovered on the rim. Some things I've read also suggest people would/could float on the lava.
You would indeed float on lava since the human body is less dense than it. I mean, I think dying via a volcano without, for instance, preempting the attempt with a shotgun blast (I am vaguely considering this, but I think wearing a weighted vest and shooting oneself while positioned on the edge of a seaside cliff with a 250+ ft drop is preferable due to its greater accessibility. Alternatively, buying or renting a boat and doing it in the middle of the ocean; possibly with some weighted contraption) would be terrifying and ill-conceived. Jumping is already unspeakable to me, personally. Now imagine the terror of falling but with the added potential of not dying on the impact and burning to death, the worst of both worlds.
Idk, I've looked at the hot springs in Yellowstone as a possibility, again people/shoes etc have been found floating. I've also looked at the volcano in Hawaii, but after finding articles about search teams being sent out and recovering a body from the rim inside I thought naa the last thing I want to do is possibly inconvenience even more people and make it more of a spectacle.
The hot springs are a) far less hot than lava and b) there isn't an opportunity to jump into them from a great height.
Self Cremation method
In my research I found this. Not easy by any means but possible. About a half ton of wood.
I watched the video. You would need a timer to negate the first and foremost issue I mentioned. This is assuming it works and doesn't prematurely set you on fire. There are ways to mitigate the risk, I suppose, but they further complicate the matter. The second could be mitigated by enclosing/containing the fire or doing it in a cave. I wouldn't preempt this method with anything other than a shotgun.

Last edited:
Reactions: XXXWRLD
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I have read about cases where people don't actually make it into the lava and are recovered on the rim.
This is interesting. Are you saying that they pass out before falling in?
I've read also suggest people would/could float on the lava.
I know the temperatures fluctuate (there are even ice volcanoes), but surely the temperature is never that accessible, and besides, they'd drown after a short while.

Last edited:
XXXWRLD

XXXWRLD

May 22, 2023
This is interesting. Are you saying that they pass out before falling in?

Bbc article about a man who jumped and was recovered and later cremated, also said 5 others have been found inside the volcano. This article doesn't say specifically but I think I remember reading somewhere that they landed on a ledge higher up from the lava. Idk about the heat. It made me think using a parachute, hang glider, wing suit or something might be a good idea to land in the lava.

Reactions: CW36
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
It made me think using a parachute, hang glider, wing suit or something might be a good idea to land in the lava.
That would be a worse idea since the intent should be to reach terminal velocity, and all those apparatuses introduce unwanted drag. It would be cool though lol.

Reactions: XXXWRLD
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I think burning is the most painful method. I really don't know, but I think it should be thought of in another way