LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Those aren't mutually exclusive. You can connect with men on higher cognitive levels, but the sexual magnetism will always be there as well. It's right there in their genes, they can't do anything to stop it. They can pretend otherwise out of politeness, but this will not be honest. If the man is not castrated or homosexual he will have sexual thoughts when interacting with a woman. No one is a disembodied spirit who is 100% made of higher cognitive functions. Unfortunately.

I had a much easier time interacting with men since I accepted that. This doesn't mean I let them do as they please, but it does mean I have some understanding of the fact that they are inherently sexual beings who can't detach their sexuality and leave it in a box somewhere when it becomes inconvenient.
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.
When you set the bar low for human decency, don't expect anyone to surpass it or pleasantly surprise you.
There is truth to what you say, but too often we use the "it's in their nature, they can't help it" to excuse unwarranted advances or attachments that are secretly rooted in an expectation of something more.
If we keep calling back to nature as rationale to revert and succumb to more animal-esque tendencies, then we never advance as a species.
So, continue on in your reasoning, but I wouldn't put a period at the end of it.
In other words, it's good to recognize the truth and acknowledge reality, but we should push for transcending it in the future, rather than throwing our hands up in the air and saying "that's just the way it goes, boys will be boys".
One could argue that rape and murder were also once reasoned away as an inevitable course of the organic human 'spirit'.
Now they are punishable by law and for the most part, avoidable by those with any semblance of self control.

As far as uncontrollable thoughts go, there is such a thing as compartmentalizing, also..Mega isn't psychic, they can't read men's minds (or anyone else bothering them). The person Mega spoke to had to have done or said something to make Mega feel uncomfortable (aka prodding questions about their genitalia).
The crime of their thoughts is not what's on trial here.
I'm also not saying it's just men who need to curb their behavior either (in the honest pursuit of friendship), I know plenty of women tend to gravitate toward male friends in an effort to get attention without the commitment of a relationship, and this blurs the boundaries. (I'm sure it's an issue that extends outside of heterosexual relationships too.)
Some women also go with the flow of the whole "men just being men" to the point they will let long term male friends get away with sending them unsolicited dick pics and creepy messages, sprinkled in through out the years of their relationship, especially when one party or the other suddenly becomes single. This should not be acceptable. And the forgiveness that perpetuates it, should also, not be acceptable.

Another simple suggestion for people with this issue: Intentions need to be clarified.
Preferably, from the start.
I think that's part of the problem here too.
Communication is not happening in a direct and blunt manner. Though I agree with Mega, that we should caution ourselves to always approach a stranger platonically, especially in the context of an online pro-choice forum. I know my previous comment outlined how this site is not going to be able to filter away all the nuisances that are present in every other corner of the web, but I also don't think that means they should accept inappropriate conversation on the basis that they should have expected it.

• Love
Reactions: thx1138, Meditation guide, megafire and 2 others
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Excusing sexual desire with "it's in their genes" it's unacceptable when it's more than proven that the social context greatly influences these behaviors. Learn to be in society and stop being fcking weirdos.

Reactions: stygal, Symbiote and wordsonscreen
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Excusing sexual desire with "it's in their genes" it's unacceptable when it's more than proven that the social context greatly influences these behaviors. Learn to be in society and stop being fcking weirdos.
To me this basically sounds like "oh well it's not his fault he raped you, it's nature" ok but that doesn't make me feel any f*cking better. Plus on a legal level I don't think the court cares

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
The crime of their thoughts is not what's on trial here.
The crime of the thought was the point discussed in my post though. The question was "can you have a purely platonic relationship with a man" and the essential answer is no, you cannot, unless the man doesn't swing your way or you have exactly zero sex appeal. Even if it's purely platonic from your side, it won't be from his, and expecting anything else is fanciful at best and extremely dangerous at worst.

Reactions: Meditation guide
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
To me this basically sounds like "oh well it's not his fault he raped you, it's nature" ok but that doesn't make me feel any f*cking better. Plus on a legal level I don't think the court cares
yeah..... very icky.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I've known a few men who can have platonic relationships with women without being gay. These men because of that have plenty of women around them and they are able to have a mutual enjoyment of company of women whenever they want it. While I know they wouldn't pass up sex, they are ok without it too.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Meditation guide is right. It's the guys who are hard up who tend to be the creeps.

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
why do people only care about sex, what parts you have, how many secondary sex characteristics you can collect like its a goddamn Pokemon game??? it's CREEPY and that extends to this site, which I foolishly believed was a haven from all that.

I reached out to an individual on here who was lonely because I'm lonely too, and I tried to forge a friendship. I told them I was nonbinary and androgenous and they kept asking questions. I answered them as best I could- born a girl, two X chromosomes, but don't identify as one. I'm somewhere in the middle, if a person at all. I'm just a blob. But the questions just kept coming, and became more and more invasive. Goddammit why do people only care about sex??? it's sickening, I just wanted to make a new friend with someone who could relate to me but apparently that's way too much to ask for. The distance between us was inviting too, like hey let's get to know one another! Guess that just invites more creeps.

Ugh I'm just so sick of humanity again. Like people face-to-face are idiotic, sex-obsessed pigs, so why would that change online? I guess I thought this site was like a filter for them.

I'm bitter I suppose. Bitter that I can never make a friend who isn't obsessed with sex. Like goddammit dude, I get not understanding being nonbinary, I was patient, I explained and explained but then he asks me about my genetalia. WHO CARES??? WHY IS THAT YOUR BUSINESS??? PUT TWO AND TWO TOGETHER, I WAS BORN A GIRL, WHO FUCKING CARES????

Tempted to run a bath of bleach to cleanse myself but I know I'm just being "hysterical"
Sex is the reason why we exist. We exist because two people had sex and we exist to have sex and make more children that will also go on to have sex. It is biologically hardwired into most complex lifeforms. The sexdrive can be so powerful that it overrides the drive to self preservation at times. I'm not trying to justify anything, just giving a logical answer.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Sex is the reason why we exist. We exist because two people had sex and we exist to have sex and make more children that will also go on to have sex. It is biologically hardwired into most complex lifeforms. The sexdrive can be so powerful that it overrides the drive to self preservation at times. I'm not trying to justify anything, just giving a logical answer.
All you said is true yet still it's no justification for any unsolicited sexual behavior. Just stop that - whatever gender or sexuality you have - it should be the base requirement for any form of communication to keep it at a casual level of mere friendship unless both parties agree to take it further (after all: one is always able say exactly what they are feeling in a polite way and if it's not reciprocated then stop).

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
You are not alone. I have met some creeps here. Its disgusting and triggers me as a victim of sexual abuse
I had a very similar experience recently. He because extremely, relentlessly pushy about wanting my picture. If you agree to P.M. with them the demands start and never stop.
omg this happened to me. Something similar and I had to report. They even harassed me on my posts.

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Recently a male who poses as extremely nice and polite pm'd me to say "I want to xxxx you in the xxx while you xxx on me." His sole reason for being on the site seems to be attempting to get females to p.m. with him and more.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Water-Lily and Makko
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Recently a male who poses as extremely nice and polite pm'd me to say "I want to xxxx you in the xxx while you xxx on me."
Jesus fuck. the crap we women go through is beyond ridiculous. *Hugs*

Reactions: thx1138 and Makko