foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
I was doomscrolling through Facebook and saw this ad.. my first thought was, "could I hang myself with that?"

there's lots of options on their website.. the first picture is their smaller one, could be good for a partial. wondering if the biggest one could be a full suspension? maybe set it up where I kick the chair out from under me? Then I worry about it knocking over or something.. thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2898.png
    IMG_2898.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2900.png
    IMG_2900.png
    747.6 KB · Views: 0
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I mean I guess, but I thought that hanging was relatively accessible which is why people choose it. Cuz they don't need fancy equipment, just a rope.

Reactions: breezeboy
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
I mean I guess, but I thought that hanging was relatively accessible which is why people choose it. Cuz they don't need fancy equipment, just a rope.
I guess I'm afraid of that not working. I've heard of people waking up and trying to take the rope off
I guess I'm afraid of that not working. I've heard of people waking up and trying to take the rope off
and I don't have anything in my apartment to hang off of

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Full suspension is the way to go, once the chair is kicked there's no way back. Ik partial seems to be "easier" but imo failure rates are too high.

Reactions: FutureHanger and foxgirl
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
Full suspension is the way to go, once the chair is kicked there's no way back. Ik partial seems to be "easier" but imo failure rates are too high.
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. The Big Bar Pro is 89", I'm 4'11". I was thinking that should be tall enough for me to fully suspend?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
If I did the maths right you have 29" for rope length and touching the ground with your feet. Well, you have to make sure that you cannot grab the pullup-bar with your hands to pull yourself up again. Idk if 30" "space" is enough for that without touching the floor with your feet. I hope I could explain what I want to say and it doesn't sound too weird.

That's in the case you're really sure about your desire to fully hang, must be planned thoroughly.

Reactions: foxgirl
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
If I did the maths right you have 29" for rope length and touching the ground with your feet. Well, you have to make sure that you cannot grab the pullup-bar with your hands to pull yourself up again. Idk if 30" "space" is enough for that without touching the floor with your feet. I hope I could explain what I want to say and it doesn't sound too weird.

That's in the case you're really sure about your desire to fully hang, must be planned thoroughly.
I'm not 100% sure about hanging, I guess I just wanted some opinions on this. Thanks!

Something like this might be better and cheaper.
Good suggestion. Thanks :)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
what's the diff between the two and could I do this with a tree in the woods?

breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Why do you think the failure rates are higher? Just poor execution or?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Can't be able to grab the top or have feet on floor.
But the bars arent even 3 feet apart so grabbing the sides or wrapping legs around could be an issue.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
what's the diff between the two and could I do this with a tree in the woods?
You can do both in the woods, the major difference is that with full suspension you hang just with the noose around your neck whcih is tightening due to gravity alonefree while with partial your legs still touch the ground.

Why do you think the failure rates are higher? Just poor execution or?
Reading threads here a lot of people fail partial bc they cannot pass out, some report even after they passed out SI kicked in and they could escape. If you find the right positions and you can pass out partial is a method that works. Though I still think full is the way to go bc once the chair is kicked it's only a question of time.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Can't be able to grab the top or have feet on floor.
But the bars arent even 3 feet apart so grabbing the sides or wrapping legs around could be an issue.
That's true, I didn't think of that when replying. But yeah it's a failure risk in this case.

Reactions: foxgirl and breezeboy
new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
From what I understand you need to practice finding the "sweet spot" in which you can quickly fall unconscious. Otherwise SI will kick in and its hard to resist aborting the process. Full suspension is more of a sure process but you need to make sure the rope does not snap and no one will find you for at least 30 mins, preferably an hour for good measure.

Reactions: foxgirl