• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
So, after Tantacrul published a video exposing this forum (which is explicitely +18) to minors in his audience there was another content creator who made a video covering this place not too long ago. I've talked about the problems of Tantacrul's video in great length here and here. What I didn't mention in that thread is the fact that Tantacrul even fought to get the age restriction removed, see here. So his goal was to expose this forum to as many minors as possible. Make of that what you will.

2cd477d03c8cd57e41a2c0aa74131cecc5c305311

And here is evidence that minors actually saw that video. This minor visited our forum as a direct result of that video.

Just to refresh everyone's memory on how reckless and irresponsible that video was in the way he approached that subject. There is a dratic increase of people who shouldn't be on this forum trying to get into this forum because of that video and it's not a surprise given it has over 4 million views. If just 1% of his viewers are underage, that's still a huge amount of minors who learned about this forum through that video. But another content creator managed to out-do Tantacrul in terms of irresponsible coverage of our forum.

Back in June, someone on Tiktok made a video about us. The video didn't go as viral as the Youtube video uploaded by Tantacrul but it still gets a lot of views and right now sits at around 60k views. We noticed an increase in registrations when that video was published (that's how we noticed the existence of that video) and because Tiktok is used by minors I've actually reached out to that content creator in question and asked if they could edit their video because unlike Tantacrul, this content creator didn't even attempt to hide the forum's name and used the words "Sanctioned Suicide" in the first sentence of said video. That's very irresponisble in my opinion as we don't do any advertising at all and we don't want any interaction from minors. I don't want them near my forum for very obvious reasons.

Here is some insight into the registration numbers. I marked the date when the video was released and you can see there is a increase right when the video is published, almost doubling the numbers.

So again, as a result of that, I have reached out to that person, trying to explain what's the problem with that video. Sadly, that content creator refused to cooperate with us to make it more difficult for people - including the minors in their audience - to find this forum, despite acknowledging and admitting that they have a +16 audience. That means minors have watched these videos too, that's a matter of fact and that increases the chance that minors will join our forum. And as I've made clear in my response to Tantacrul, I don't agree with exposing this forum to minors, you think it prevents them from making an account in our forum if you preemptively inform children that this forums exists and is somehow dangerous to them but the reality is they don't give a shit. What you're doing only increases the amount of minors who know about this place and therefore it increases the risk they might make an account here. It's simple mathematics. We don't advertise this forum to minors, we don't advertise this forum at all. The only advertisment (and sadly it's always targeting minors) comes from people who oppose us, people who describes themselves as pro-life or anti-suicide. But you are in fact funneling minors into our forum, especially when you frame Sanctioned Suicide as that egdy, dark place where you can say whatever you want without any rules. Describing this forum in a way that's appealing to young people is part of the problem. Our forum is always described as some kind of 4chan 2.0 and that's appealing to young people. We're not 4chan 2.0. The difference is, you're allowed to tell people to 'kys' on 4chan without any problems, you do this here and we will crack down on this kind of behavior with a high probability of you getting banned from this place. In fact this forum is a lot more mature than most outsider give us credit for.

Here is a snippet of my chatlog with that content creator. Credit to them, they at least talked to me. They were a lot more open to a conversation than Tantacrul and I don't think they acted in malice. They simply didn't know better and I think they didn't think this through. It still deserves criticism though. I made clear in that conversation that I don't necessarily have an issue with the video itself, though it contains a lot of misinformation, my concern was only directed at the age of their viewers and my only request was to make it more difficult for them to find the forum. That's it. Nothing else. I didn't include the name of that creator on purpose as I don't want to direct any hate towards them and it's not really about them either, it doesn't really matter who they are, what's important to me is to demonstrate once again that the talking point created by opponents that we in any way intentionally attract minors is nonsense. We don't seek them out, we don't want them in our forum and if someone turns out to be underage, they're banned immediately. It's opponents of our forum that for some reason keep making content that exposes our forum to minors. They're the only ones that advertise this place to underage people. We don't do that. And it's hypocritical to criticise us for easy access when you literally funnel them to our forum in videos that have millions of views and as if that's not bad enough, you even fight to remove the age restriction or refuse to cooperate to make it more difficult for minors to find this forum. What's the logic behind that? I don't get. Why am I the most responsible person in all these cases?

And yeah, that's me trying to protect minors, by the way. How does that fit the narrative that we don't care about minors. I didn't even address the blatant misrepresentation of the video yet, as I've hinted above the video contains so much nonsense it's not even worth debunking because they don't even attempt to make claims based on any evidence in the first place. And honestly, it would just be a repetition of my response to Tantacrul as the talking points are very similiar. Suicide bad, incels here, incels there, founders bad and therefore SaSu bad. It's really boring and I have better things to do with my life than to repeat everything I've said to Tantacrul. They don't represent our extremely diverse community fairly and they don't acknowledge that leadership has changed almost two years ago. This time I really just want to address the fact that these videos get exposed to a lot of young people. But that video wouldn't contain so much misinformation if you took a few hours of your time to investigate this community a bit deeper - and hey, I think I can expect that from someone who wants to cover the complexicity of our forum because we're more than just a "pro-suicide cult" as the media likes to smear us. But I'm already drafting another thread that touches the stupid "pro-suicide" narrative that's thrown around by the media all the time because the deconstruction of that narrative deserves its own thread. I just want to focus on content creators and their inability to use common sense when making these videos for now.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I just wanted to bring this up quickly because it's bothering me. It creates serious problems and who has to work it out? Us. The entire staff is fighting against that. We ban people who shouldn't be on this forum for age-related reasons immediately if we find out, no exceptions. We are trying our best to enforce our policies but these idiots out there really don't make it easy on us. They're either absolutely malicious or ignorant at best but you would think talking about a subject like our forum without accidently exposing it to minors would be easy, apparently not if your brain runs on pro-life mode. How ironic. But according to these videos and the media, we are the ones who don't care, right? Sure.

Look, all of you can form your own opinion. I really don't care anymore what outsiders have to say about this forum. It doesn't matter how often I debunk certain narratives, our opponents don't care. But people who want to find us, will find us thanks to Tantacrul and co. and it's very obvious that the fearmongering bullshit videos have the complete opposite effect of the intended outcome. They think they decrease traffic to us - no. The opposite is the case. It's been well documented that so many new members have found the forum thanks to him. And I don't mind pulling out the statistics again.

We still get like 7x as many registrations per day as we used to, pre-Tantacrul. He has permanently boosted this forum. Going through the registrations is by far the most work right now and that's been the case for approximately 9 months and there is no sign it will slow down anytime soon. The registrations still peak at around 150 per day, sometimes it almost touches 200. Before, we had like 15-20 registrations on average - per day. Just to give you some insight into the traffic to this forum and the curiousity and interest of many people who were looking for a place like this and found it thanks to Tantacrul. So again, thanks for all the free advertisment. I'll take it. I don't want it and if I could, I would definitely remove these videos because I don't want so much growth but hey, what can I do. Nothing. Even me reaching out to them and making an account on that stupid Tiktok platform doesn't change anything. I've literally done everything possible to keep minors away from this place. But they want to make our forum bigger at all costs, fine. It's a bit contradictory to push a forum you're trying to legislative into oblivion and it's also hypocritical to claim you want to protect minors but then you intentionally expose this forum to minors and make them aware that this place exists in the first place when I've already explained it doesn't have the effect you wish for but... whatever. There we are. But I'm not definitely not going to be silent about irresponsible videos like these. And honestly, as long as children don't have attentive parents who check what they're doing online, no amount of videos are going to change anything. Just saying.

Please use your brain.
Thanks.

Last edited:
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
So, after Tantacrul published a video exposing this forum (which is explicitely +18) to minors in his audience there was another content creator who made a video covering this place not too long ago. I've talked about the problems of Tantacrul's video in great length here and here. What I didn't mention in that thread is the fact that Tantacrul even fought to get the age restriction removed, see here. So his goal was to expose this forum to as many minors as possible. Make of that what you will.

179189_1695659764506.png

And here is evidence that minors actually saw that video. This minor visited our forum as a direct result of that video.

View attachment 120431

Just to refresh everyone's memory on how reckless and irresponsible that video was in the way he approached that subject. There is a dratic increase of people who shouldn't be on this forum trying to get into this forum because of that video and it's not a surprise given it has over 4 million views. If just 1% of his viewers are underage, that's still a huge amount of minors who learned about this forum through that video. But another content creator managed to out-do Tantacrul in terms of irresponsible coverage of our forum.

Back in June, someone on Tiktok made a video about us. The video didn't go as viral as the Youtube video uploaded by Tantacrul but it still gets a lot of views and right now sits at around 60k views. We noticed an increase in registrations when that video was published (that's how we noticed the existence of that video) and because Tiktok is used by minors I've actually reached out to that content creator in question and asked if they could edit their video because unlike Tantacrul, this content creator didn't even attempt to hide the forum's name and used the words "Sanctioned Suicide" in the first sentence of said video. That's very irresponisble in my opinion as we don't do any advertising at all and we don't want any interaction from minors. I don't want them near my forum for very obvious reasons.

Here is some insight into the registration numbers. I marked the date when the video was released and you can see there is a increase right when the video is published, almost doubling the numbers.

View attachment 120432

So again, as a result of that, I have reached out to that person, trying to explain what's the problem with that video. Sadly, that content creator refused to cooperate with us to make it more difficult for people - including the minors in their audience - to find this forum, despite acknowledging and admitting that they have a +16 audience. That means minors have watched these videos too, that's a matter of fact and that increases the chance that minors will join our forum. And as I've made clear in my response to Tantacrul, I don't agree with exposing this forum to minors, you think it prevents them from making an account in our forum if you preemptively inform children that this forums exists and is somehow dangerous to them but the reality is they don't give a shit. What you're doing only increases the amount of minors who know about this place and therefore it increases the risk they might make an account here. It's simple mathematics. We don't advertise this forum to minors, we don't advertise this forum at all. The only advertisment (and sadly it's always targeting minors) comes from people who oppose us, people who describes themselves as pro-life or anti-suicide. But you are in fact funneling minors into our forum, especially when you frame Sanctioned Suicide as that egdy, dark place where you can say whatever you want without any rules. Describing this forum in a way that's appealing to young people is part of the problem. Our forum is always described as some kind of 4chan 2.0 and that's appealing to young people. We're not 4chan 2.0. The difference is, you're allowed to tell people to 'kys' on 4chan without any problems, you do this here and we will crack down on this kind of behavior with a high probability of you getting banned from this place. In fact this forum is a lot more mature than most outsider give us credit for.

Here is a snippet of my chatlog with that content creator. Credit to them, they at least talked to me. They were a lot more open to a conversation than Tantacrul and I don't think they acted in malice. They simply didn't know better and I think they didn't think this through. It still deserves criticism though. I made clear in that conversation that I don't necessarily have an issue with the video itself, though it contains a lot of misinformation, my concern was only directed at the age of their viewers and my only request was to make it more difficult for them to find the forum. That's it. Nothing else. I didn't include the name of that creator on purpose as I don't want to direct any hate towards them and it's not really about them either, it doesn't really matter who they are, what's important to me is to demonstrate once again that the talking point created by opponents that we in any way intentionally attract minors is nonsense. We don't seek them out, we don't want them in our forum and if someone turns out to be underage, they're banned immediately. It's opponents of our forum that for some reason keep making content that exposes our forum to minors. They're the only ones that advertise this place to underage people. We don't do that. And it's hypocritical to criticise us for easy access when you literally funnel them to our forum in videos that have millions of views and as if that's not bad enough, you even fight to remove the age restriction or refuse to cooperate to make it more difficult for minors to find this forum. What's the logic behind that? I don't get. Why am I the most responsible person in all these cases?

View attachment 120433

And yeah, that's me trying to protect minors, by the way. How does that fit the narrative that we don't care about minors. I didn't even address the blatant misrepresentation of the video yet, as I've hinted above the video contains so much nonsense it's not even worth debunking because they don't even attempt to make claims based on any evidence in the first place. And honestly, it would just be a repetition of my response to Tantacrul as the talking points are very similiar. Suicide bad, incels here, incels there, founders bad and therefore SaSu bad. It's really boring and I have better things to do with my life than to repeat everything I've said to Tantacrul. They don't represent our extremely diverse community fairly and they don't acknowledge that leadership has changed almost two years ago. This time I really just want to address the fact that these videos get exposed to a lot of young people. But that video wouldn't contain so much misinformation if you took a few hours of your time to investigate this community a bit deeper - and hey, I think I can expect that from someone who wants to cover the complexicity of our forum because we're more than just a "pro-suicide cult" as the media likes to smear us. But I'm already drafting another thread that touches the stupid "pro-suicide" narrative that's thrown around by the media all the time because the deconstruction of that narrative deserves its own thread. I just want to focus on content creators and their inability to use common sense when making these videos for now.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I just wanted to bring this up quickly because it's bothering me. It creates serious problems and who has to work it out? Us. The entire staff is fighting against that. We ban people who shouldn't be on this forum for age-related reasons immediately if we find out, no exceptions. We are trying our best to enforce our policies but these idiots out there really don't make it easy on us. They're either absolutely malicious or ignorant at best but you would think talking about a subject like our forum without accidently exposing it to minors would be easy, apparently not if your brain runs on pro-life mode. How ironic. But according to these videos and the media, we are the ones who don't care, right? Sure.

Look, all of you can form your own opinion. I really don't care anymore what outsiders have to say about this forum. It doesn't matter how often I debunk certain narratives, our opponents don't care. But people who want to find us, will find us thanks to Tantacrul and co. and it's very obvious that the fearmongering bullshit videos have the complete opposite effect of the intended outcome. They think they decrease traffic to us - no. The opposite is the case. It's been well documented that so many new members have found the forum thanks to him. And I don't mind pulling out the statistics again.

View attachment 120467

We still get like 7x as many registrations per day as we used to, pre-Tantacrul. He has permanently boosted this forum. Going through the registrations is by far the most work right now and that's been the case for approximately 9 months and there is no sign it will slow down anytime soon. The registrations still peak at round 150 per day, sometimes it almost touches 200. Before, we had like 15-20 registrations on average - per day. Just to give you some insight into the traffic to this forum and the curiousity and interest of many people who were looking for a place like this and found it thanks to Tantacrul. So again, thanks for all the free advertisment. I'll take it. I don't want it and I could, I would definitely remove these videos because I don't want so much growth but hey, what can I do. Nothing. Even me reaching out to them and making an account on that stupid Tiktok platform doesn't change anything. I've literally done everything possible to keep minors away from this place. But they want to make our forum bigger at all costs, fine. It's a bit contradictory to push a forum you're trying to legislative into oblivion and it's also hypocritical to claim you want to protect minors but then you intentionally expose this forum to minors and make them aware that this place exists when I've already explained it doesn't have the effect you wish for but... whatever. There we are. But I'm not definitely not going to be silent about irresponsible videos like thes. And honestly, as long as children don't have attentive parents who check what they're doing online, no amount of videos are going to change anything. Just saying.

Please use your brain.
Thanks.
I dont call this evidence that a minors have watched the video. Its a simple google profile, everyone can open one. Sounds more like a fake profile trying to deliver a message. A 15yrs old does not write in that way, about god and so on...

Last edited:
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
He's such a moron it's almost sociopathic(like most normies). It's obvious through his blatant slander (cake 123 is such a joke and is telling enough of his intentions) of this forum that me he merely made his video as a hitpiece for attention and to "spread awareness"/virtue signal. But all he did in reality was make this forum even more popular and exposed it to the likes of people who'd never see it and thus likely not have the resources to CBT. So much for saving people Mr. Sociopath. I know I might sound harsh unemotional (I'm not) but his idiocracy is baffling. Hell, even I find out about this forum via him and reddit. Minors shouldn't be exposed to such content, being on image boards and alternative communities really ruined my teenage years. I never got to be innocent and normal and consequently suffered from severe depression and anxiety. Seeing SS at that age would've messed me up further and most likely made me ignorantly idolise suicide. The video deserves to be age restricted.

Last edited:
outlook56

outlook56

Sep 24, 2023
I dont call this evidence that a minors have watched the video. Its a simple google profile, everyone can open one. Sounds more like a fake profile trying to deliver a message. A 15yrs old does not write in that way, about god and so on...
I think you are right, no kid will say (I'm only 15)

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
It's so ironic how they put up this righteous facade, act all "pro-life" and morally superior, all while knowing damn well they're actually increasing interest in SS and potentially putting said kids they "wanna protect" in danger.

I haven't watched either videos. And I never will, because I find what they do utterly disgusting. Targeting vulnerable populations, misrepresenting what SS stands for just to garner attention? It's extremely, deeply unsettling. Even insulting, in a way.

I'm happy to have found this forum on my own. Didn't have even the slightest idea it has gone through so much, but it only makes so much sense. Suicidal people can't exist peacefully on their own, so of course when a bunch of us come together, there inevitably will be those who just can't let us be.

CantTurnBack

CantTurnBack

7/25
Sep 21, 2023
Thank you for bringing light to this (serious) topic @RainAndSadness. I respect the effort you and the staff have placed into protecting the integrity of the community. I hope that it can continue to function and serve its intended purpose, without anymore biased or unwanted attention from outside sources.

It deserves to be represented fairly, as the only place some of us can feel understood and comfortable enough to share our feelings!

Last edited:
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

I told you.
Jul 10, 2023
That is so hypocritical how content creators are spreading the knowledge of the existence of this forum to minors while also saying, at the same time, that they want to protect minors from negative topics like this and possibly put them in danger. I'm sure they'll also deny that they're guilty of doing all of these things which just makes it even more messed up, whatever they are doing is only to better their public image, they don't know how many minors' lives they put in danger by making these videos.

Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
They bitch about people having access to the website, and then drive them all right to it so they can "peer in" at the show.

They say the forum is the problem. But their marginalization of this community is a symptom of the greater problem: they don't want freedom of information, they don't want individuals to have autonomy over their life, and they don't want to hear our voice.

They just want to point the finger, shame, and stigmatize what they can't understand.