Mauve87

Mauve87

Aug 30, 2023
A few hours ago I went to the ER and told them that I tried to hang myself.
I must've looked like an idiot because my injuries were barely visible.

They probably thought I was attention seeking and didn't do much aside from checking my heart rate.
(The doctor seemed annoyed, and told me I'm at the wrong place)
I reassured them that I'm feeling stable, and they let me go.

I never seek help and avoid people whenever possible, so walking to the hospital was out of character for me.
I'm now back home and still feeling suicidal. This thread is probably just another cry for help. It sucks to feel so alone in this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Xaeniak, betternever2havbeen, not_telling and 1 other person
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
I'm sorry about your experience, people can be such dicks, even those that swear to preserve life under oath. Glad you felt some relief from it at least. And don't beat yourself up for looking for a little bit of attention and interaction, this site's best feature for me is that the people here don't usually judge, they understand. It's a wonderful concept really, that you can voice something like suicidal thoughts and still have people come and try to help you feel less lonely, rather than trying to save you upright, like that ever works. Whatever you decide is your next step, I hope it brings you some peace, OP.

• Love
Reactions: undecided and Mauve87
Xaeniak

Xaeniak

Bootlegged doll
Sep 14, 2023
I'm sorry for your pain, friend, but I'm glad you got some temporary relief at least. You're braver than me; I'd be too terrified they'd institutionalize me on the spot to ever go to the ER again. And as has been said, don't feel bad for seeking attention. Everyone needs attention; we're social creatures, and being able to ask for what we need is a sign of maturity

• Hugs
Reactions: Mauve87 and undecided