• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I watch TV and or listen to music. Depending on my mood it can be Metal or Pop. 😉
For TV

Ghosts
Young Sheldon
Superman & Lois
Bob ♥️ Abisola
Family Guy....

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
A movie that really scratches the itch is something like Arrival.
Linkin park holds a special place in my heart--Chester Bennington was the first celebrity death that reall impacted me.

Reactions: YoungJijii
YoungJijii

YoungJijii

Nov 15, 2022
Post about any movies, TV shows, music, video games, etc that comforts you when you're having a bad day.

For movies, my absolute go-to when I need a pick-me-up is The Shawshank Redemption. That is my favorite movie of all time, and the message of hope really does help me when I'm feeling really low.

For television shows, I'm a big fan of anime and in particular Clannad and Neon Genesis Evangelion help me a lot when I'm going through rough times and want a more serious story with characters that have struggles I relate to. When I want something more light-hearted Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, and Yuru Camp have a really healing affect on me. On the Western side of things, BoJack Horseman and Moral Orel also help me out when I'm struggling and want characters I can relate to.

For music, I am a big fan of Alice in Chains, Joy Division, The Smiths, Mitski, and many more. All these artists are very precious to me and make me feel less alone when I'm having a rough time and want my feelings to be put into words and music.
Welcome to the NHK, Evangelion, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Beastars.

For music: Radiohead, Soundgarden, AiC, Deftones, Linkin Park, Bôa, Gary Jule's Mad World

• Love
Reactions: Malaria
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
V fr Vndtta usd 2 b slf comfrt flm

Am nt abl t/ wtch n.ethng frm 'b4' nw tho

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
When I need a pick-me-up, I generally turn to BL anime/manga like Super Lovers, Sasaki to Miyano, and Gakuen Heaven.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Video games mostly. I always liked them a little too much. I feel like I could spend an eternity enjoying them.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Welcome to the NHK, Evangelion, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Beastars.

For music: Radiohead, Soundgarden, AiC, Deftones, Linkin Park, Bôa, Gary Jule's Mad World
You have excellent taste in anime and music.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Rilakkuma and Kaoru
The Jackass film series
My Neighbor Totoro
Pingu
Degrassi
Napoleon Dynamite
Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Majestic Casual-type music/relaxing lo-fi/chillwave is the music that relaxes me the most. And sleep white noise of thunderstorms and being on a train.

Last edited:
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Post about any movies, TV shows, music, video games, etc that comforts you when you're having a bad day.

For movies, my absolute go-to when I need a pick-me-up is The Shawshank Redemption. That is my favorite movie of all time, and the message of hope really does help me when I'm feeling really low.

For television shows, I'm a big fan of anime and in particular Clannad and Neon Genesis Evangelion help me a lot when I'm going through rough times and want a more serious story with characters that have struggles I relate to. When I want something more light-hearted Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, and Yuru Camp have a really healing affect on me. On the Western side of things, BoJack Horseman and Moral Orel also help me out when I'm struggling and want characters I can relate to.

For music, I am a big fan of Alice in Chains, Joy Division, The Smiths, Mitski, and many more. All these artists are very precious to me and make me feel less alone when I'm having a rough time and want my feelings to be put into words and music.
For TV shows "The Vampire Diaries" is probably my biggest comfort show.

For video games probably "Skyrim" or "Civilization V/VI."

For music... idk, maybe Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Skillet, Three Days Grace if I had to name a few.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
For TV shows "The Vampire Diaries" is probably my biggest comfort show.

For video games probably "Skyrim" or "Civilization V/VI."

For music... idk, maybe Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Skillet, Three Days Grace if I had to name a few.
Skyrim is peak comfy! Even the soundtrack puts me in a good mood.

Since I left off video games from my own post I would add: Stardew Valley, Our Life: Beginning and Always, Oblivion, Persona 4, old school Harvest Moon and Pokémon, and the Yakuza franchise. I'd say Fire Emblem but it stresses me out if I set the difficulty too high lmao.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Comfort movie Labyrinth (1986)
Old English series like Bottom and Father Ted.

But currently stuck in a rabbit hole (again) by reading and watching everything I can get my hands of about the six wives of Henry VIII
Every few years these ladies resurface in my head.

• Love
Reactions: Malaria and carac
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023

But currently stuck in a rabbit hole (again) by reading and watching everything I can get my hands of about the six wives of Henry VIII
Haha I wouldn't have picked you as a bottom fan! (ok that sounded weird)

Also I love Labyrinth too!

BlendedHeart

BlendedHeart

It is what it is
Mar 9, 2024
I watch the same shows on repeat. Don't know why I can't watch new stuff.

The Office, Black Books, The IT Crowd, Community, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, That 70s Show, and a few others.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024

I like Bottom too! Hilarious series.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
LevUwU

LevUwU

I hate my life and the government
Mar 16, 2024
Wall-E is probably my go-to comfort movie. It has everything I like. A love story about robots trying to save the earth while undermining an unjust ruler? Sign me up!

stupidtwink

stupidtwink

Feb 6, 2023
Music: Illinois by Sufjan Stevens, The Ants From Up There by Black Country New Road, Desire I Want to Turn into You by Caroline Polachek, and Ceres & Calypso in Deep Time by Candy Claws

Anime: I don't really watch much anime anymore but Mushishi is great. (a little bit boring though) Fruits Basket, Horimiya, and Tanaka Kun is Always Listless are all very cute. Also, Nana is an amazing and wonderfully sad show that I felt like a baddie while watching it.

Video Games: I love Stardew Valley

Youtube: There are these Architectural Digest videos about 2 Designers competing to make something and they are so comforting for some reason.

Movies: I am not much of a movie person but I think I've watched La La Land probably more than anyone else in the entire world at this point—it might not be the most amazing movie but I find comfort in its uncomplicated, kitschy plot. Also, the songs are so addictive. Watch it like 10 more times at least.

shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Is it so selfish to want to feel a little better?
Dec 30, 2023
I think general Studio Ghibli movies always did the trick for me. Idk, there's something else in Kiki's delivery and the Travel of Chihiro, as well as my Neighbor Totoro.
+Back to the future is an awesome comforting movie, too (at least for me)

About video games: Stardew Valley is really something, as someone mentioned up there. A Short Hike is really a good one, and for me, Yume Nikki has something comforting to it (even if the ending can be unsettling, it feels comforting to wonder around :) Undertale and One Shot are also great games, too.

About music, it can be subjective, but I saved some stuff that only has instrumental stuff that I find really comforting for crying. One Shot, Yume Nikki and Undertale have great tracks that could fit in that playlist, too.

Last edited:
  • Love