• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Post about any movies, TV shows, music, video games, etc that comforts you when you're having a bad day.

For movies, my absolute go-to when I need a pick-me-up is The Shawshank Redemption. That is my favorite movie of all time, and the message of hope really does help me when I'm feeling really low.

For television shows, I'm a big fan of anime and in particular Clannad and Neon Genesis Evangelion help me a lot when I'm going through rough times and want a more serious story with characters that have struggles I relate to. When I want something more light-hearted Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, and Yuru Camp have a really healing affect on me. On the Western side of things, BoJack Horseman and Moral Orel also help me out when I'm struggling and want characters I can relate to.

For music, I am a big fan of Alice in Chains, Joy Division, The Smiths, Mitski, and many more. All these artists are very precious to me and make me feel less alone when I'm having a rough time and want my feelings to be put into words and music.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I'm just addicted to House M.D, I've watched it in its entirety five times and I'm going for number 6 at the moment.
Oh I love house it's one of my favourite TV shows. Need to do a rewatch soon

Another one for me is buffy the vampire slayer. I'm currently doing watch togethers with other fans of the show, it's nice to share the experience.

smpkie

smpkie

ticking bomb
May 25, 2023
Fight Club is absolutely amazing, I rewatch it whenever I have the time

As for music, I love Mindless Self Indulgence. Has been my favorite band for a couple of years now

xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
damn, good choice, what did you think about hejter? The Komasa, director, created those two in the same universe, and they are connected. excuse my question but polska, perchance?
i have seen it, it was really great. complex and compelling protagonist, the plot is also really interesting since it deals with social issues. seeing dominik's mom in a place like that after his death was a bit disappointing. and no, i'm not from poland unfortunately haha i don't even speak the language. komasa really leveled up the concept of how social media can be dangerous and it was done very well and convincing, the stakes are higher and realistic. i can definitely see it happening in the real world.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I literally don't watch movies, but I did see Kolberg (1945) and Sucker Punch (2011) a decade ago. I wonder about such classics as the Shawshank Redemption, sounds Christian? They sound like a nice cope, prepared for the future. After all, a movie is only 2 hours, how long can it keep you going? I never understood this.

Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
I literally don't watch movies, but I did see Kolberg (1945) and Sucker Punch (2011) a decade ago. I wonder about such classics as the Shawshank Redemption, sounds Christian? They sound like a nice cope, prepared for the future. After all, a movie is only 2 hours, how long can it keep you going? I never understood this.
There are references to Christianity in the film, but I personally wouldn't consider it Christian. It just comforts me when I'm going through a hard time, it cheered me up when I really needed it.

BorderlineChellery

BorderlineChellery

I was never meant for this life...
Feb 19, 2024
My comfort films are horrors. The main ones are Halloween (original) and exorcist.

TV shows I'd say ER, House & Attack on Titan.

Music would be Evanescence, Don Broco, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold & BFMV to name a few

DarkThoughts

DarkThoughts

eepy guy, hoping to CTB with someone else.
Feb 6, 2024
For sure! They're so much better than most of the 'horror' films that are released now. I miss actually feeling scared when I watch them
It's hard to find a horror film which actually instills long-lasting fear, cheap jump-scares get repetitive. I'd love some suggestions; you seem to have great taste in general.

S

Sivit

Feb 15, 2024
Haven't really consumed any media in the past 3 years beside randomly scrolling the Web
In the end it's just media, it's all detached from your life
You stare in front of the screen to forget who you are

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
BorderlineChellery

BorderlineChellery

I was never meant for this life...
Feb 19, 2024
It's hard to find a horror film which actually instills long-lasting fear, cheap jump-scares get repetitive. I'd love some suggestions; you seem to have great taste in general.
The jump scares are very predictable, you know it's coming so it doesn't have the same impact.
If you don't mind gore and subtitles I'd recommend Martyrs. My stomach was turning the first time I watched it.
The autopsy of Jane Doe was a more recent film that I enjoyed.
If you're into supernatural Grave Encounters is good

• Love
Reactions: DarkThoughts
xmissellax

xmissellax

Need My Peace
Feb 25, 2024
I like when my boyfriend puts legend of Korra in the background. I like having kids cartoons on too, it brings me nostalgic comfort. My comfort game is sims 4 and Overwatch 2. I love Disney and ratatouille is my favourite film I have rewatched so many times :)

Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
I like when my boyfriend puts legend of Korra in the background. I like having kids cartoons on too, it brings me nostalgic comfort. My comfort game is sims 4 and Overwatch 2. I love Disney and ratatouille is my favourite film I have rewatched so many times :)
I LOVE Ratatouille! Great film.

• Love
Reactions: DarkThoughts
ShonenRider96

ShonenRider96

Feb 25, 2024
Post about any movies, TV shows, music, video games, etc that comforts you when you're having a bad day.

For movies, my absolute go-to when I need a pick-me-up is The Shawshank Redemption. That is my favorite movie of all time, and the message of hope really does help me when I'm feeling really low.

For television shows, I'm a big fan of anime and in particular Clannad and Neon Genesis Evangelion help me a lot when I'm going through rough times and want a more serious story with characters that have struggles I relate to. When I want something more light-hearted Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, and Yuru Camp have a really healing affect on me. On the Western side of things, BoJack Horseman and Moral Orel also help me out when I'm struggling and want characters I can relate to.

For music, I am a big fan of Alice in Chains, Joy Division, The Smiths, Mitski, and many more. All these artists are very precious to me and make me feel less alone when I'm having a rough time and want my feelings to be put into words and music.
Your Name
Napoleon Dynamite
Community (tv show)

Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

DO YOU WANT TOTAL WAR?
Feb 22, 2024
NGE, T.S. Eliot poetry, King Crimson's Red

• Love
Reactions: Malaria
fragmentary

fragmentary

illusions to illusions
Aug 19, 2023
wodehouse's stories usually cheer me up a little

C

ceilng_tile

Jan 13, 2024
When I'm depressed I prefer trashy media. For the last few weeks I've had the urge to re-watch Once Upon A Time which is objectively a terrible show.

Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
When I'm depressed I prefer trashy media. For the last few weeks I've had the urge to re-watch Once Upon A Time which is objectively a terrible show.
That's valid. If you enjoy it and it helps get you through the day, more power to you. ^^

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
Mmm i rlly love spongebob and the spongebob squarepants movie lol. Also bottoms the movie w ayo edibiri and rachel sennott which came out last year…ive rewatched the show industry so many times i can quote sm of it now 😭 when i was anxious n dissociating for a week last yr i watched a lot of sinjindrowning on yt n i still find comfort in their videos depending on my mood..my gf watches a lot of drag race content so sometimes i'll just watch tht to b reminded of them n thts comforting lol.

In terms of music idk when im bad i usually just get stuck on an album n play it on repeat. Recently ive been listening mostly to my favorite jidol groups, specifically tokisen, wasuta n planck stars n its been rlly comforting :')

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Old games from like the PS1,DS eras. Ambient music. Shows and franchises from my childhood i still cling onto like a total loser.

• Hugs