DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
So... I've just had a new and possibly stupid idea; Get like a five-gallon water jug something, get about at least a pound or so of non-fat dry milk powder (contains 50% lactose) and sodium hydroxide at the same mass. Take it into a bathroom and seal up the doors, windows and any other potential openings. Put all the ingredients in the jug and add water to it to get the reaction going. Once that's done, close the lid as tightly as possible, perhaps sealing it up with duct tape. The jug is gonna heat up and expand. I suggest shielding yourself if you don't wanna experience any chemical burns because you made a CARBON MONOXIDE BOMB. Perhaps if you have a shower or tub with curtains, that would do the trick as it will also contain the liquid. So just put the jug in there and shut the curtains FOR FUCK SAKE!
Now at this point, all you gotta do is wait... and then BOOM!!! Your
bathroom will be instantaneously filled up with carbon monoxide.

Note: Lye has to be pure and food grade.

Last edited:
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Do not attempt if you do not want to destroy your bathroom!

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
And make a lot of noise. CO doesn't kill instantly so it would be likely to be found. Probably mess up your ears plus whatever happened to the pieces of the plastic bottle itself. Look up dry ice in a bottle if you want to see a smaller version then imagine being in a small room with that. No thanks. I would not use this method

Reactions: DeletedUser4739, DetachedDreamer97, TehArgentum and 2 others
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
And make a lot of noise. CO doesn't kill instantly so it would be likely to be found. Probably mess up your ears plus whatever happened to the pieces of the plastic bottle itself. Look up dry ice in a bottle if you want to see a smaller version then imagine being in a small room with that. No thanks. I would not use this method

Haha, yeah, I'm aware of the going deaf (surely there are things that can protect your ears) and the absolute dangers part... I'd have to dissagree on the bottle pieces as it's not glass. So, it won't shoot all over the place, it'll still be one piece as it's simply softened from the exothermic reaction and will just bust out from the weakest point and split open.

You're right though... I wouldn't attempt this either.

You could do it without turning into a bomb of course. The bomb thing was kinda for shits and giggles for the half of it.
The reaction part is legit though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssname
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Glad it's for shits and gigs it would be very entertaining to be fair.

I have done the dry ice one a number of times (was a science teacher for a couple of years) and one time the largest piece I could find was about the size of my palm.
I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't try the bomb because it could seriously hurt.

How does milk powder make CO? IM really curious because I have not heard of that one before

Reactions: lv-gras and DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Glad it's for shits and gigs it would be very entertaining to be fair.

I have done the dry ice one a number of times (was a science teacher for a couple of years) and one time the largest piece I could find was about the size of my palm.
I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't try the bomb because it could seriously hurt.

How does milk powder make CO? IM really curious because I have not heard of that one before

The mechanism behind this is simple; the water splits up the sodium hydroxide into separate sodium and hydroxide ions (Na+ and -OH), which will will cause the hydroxide ions to react with the lactose (milk sugar) from the milk-powder solution and form carbon monoxide gas.

I learned about it on ASM.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.suicide.methods/lMF5-cMyuHI/viJ9EB-O1mIJ

Reactions: Ssname and lv-gras
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
D

DeletedUser4739

Agreed. For all those reasons and more, it's not the method for me.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97