• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ThatIsTheQuestion

ThatIsTheQuestion

Ghost in Waiting
Aug 4, 2019
Michelle Carter, convicted of helping her boyfriend ctb in Massachusetts in 2014, released early for good behavior, described as a "model" inmate. FWIW, her case was a rare outlier for the US, but it's a good example of the kind prosecutors do sometimes go after. There have probably been fewer than half a dozen cases like this in modern American history.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/us/michelle-carter-text-suicide-release/index.html

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
This was a pretty disturbing case. The guy showed hesitation, and even changed his mind about killing himself. She pressured him to continue. In cases like this it is murder not assisted suicide. It's pretty disturbing that she gets to go free.

Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
This was a pretty disturbing case. The guy showed hesitation, and even changed his mind about killing himself. She pressured him to continue. In cases like this it is murder not assisted suicide. It's pretty disturbing that she gets to go free.
Agreed!

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
she didn't necessarily "help" him ctb if you will in a good way.

she encouraged him to ctb and when he had doubts which he did, she would get angry and tell him to "just do it already". he had doubts about ctbing, actually abandoned his ctb plan of the CO and car method, and instead of empathizing and understanding why he'd be scared, and understanding his doubts, she further encouraged and kept pushing him to do it. terrible around, and the fact that she's out cause she was a "model inmate" is absolutely insane.

issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
this should have been murder, he was not ready yet and her encouraging him to go back into the car to die was murder. He showed hesitation. After he passed, she wanted attention and pretended to grieve to gain it. this was not pro choice this was murder. she purposely manipulated a man who was in dark place. nobody here should be supporting her, she is the opposite of us.

C

can'tdoitanymore

Student
Oct 31, 2019
I agree should be murder. She prayed on someone vulnerable who wasn't ready to die. I guess I have a stronger reaction than most because of my personal history. It's not the same as this story at all but my ex tried to pressure me into killing myself and gaslighted me into thinking I was going crazy until I actually did become severely mentally ill. And now I don't feel I have a choice. And he still contacts me sometimes telling me he can't live without me and sometimes that I have to die. Sorry not trying to make this about me I just feel very strongly on the matter.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
the fact that she's out cause she was a "model inmate" is absolutely insane.

I actually disagree. She is very likely a psychopath, and being able to switch into model behavior for self-serving reasons is definitely in a psycopath's wheelhouse.
nd he still contacts me sometimes telling me he can't live without me and sometimes that I have to die.

do you have any way of blocking this toxic person out of your life? This sounds just awful.

Reactions: a.h
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I actually disagree. She is very likely a psychopath, and being able to switch into model behavior for self-serving reasons is definitely in a psycopath's wheelhouse.

do you have any way of blocking this toxic person out of your life? This sounds just awful.
which is exactly why it's insane that she's been released and that's on the basis of if she's even anywhere near a psychopath. Psych evaluations suggested her anti-depressants had a significant impact on her behaviour, outside of anything.

even if she was deemed to align with the elements of psychopathy, that could easily play and maneuver into having situations and outcomes go her way through control and manipulation, that still shouldn't change the fact she was released simply cause "she was a model inmate". it's stupid, cause the defence didn't even attempt to enter a mental plea, which goes to show that mental health assessments found nothing other than the influence of antidepressants, which is also what the judge reiterated.

the fact that a person of this magnitude can be released because of their behaviour in prison and thus given preferential treatment and release without serving another day of her 2.5 years for a murder-suicide is absolutely madness.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
that still shouldn't change the fact she was released simply cause "she was a model inmate".

No, she was released EARLY because of good behaviour. I am saying that shouldn't surprise anyone that a potential
psychopath can engage in good "model prisoner" behaviour for any length of time, so long as it serves them some purpose.

Youre conflating her sentencing with her early release. She was only ever sentenced for 15 months. and I agree with you that is a very underwhelming sentence considering the crime.

it's stupid, cause the defence didn't even attempt to enter a mental plea, which goes to show that mental health assessments found nothing other than the influence of antidepressants, which is also what the judge reiterated.

1) it is really not that hard to figure out what the right things to say to healthcare professionals are, and 2) declaring someone to be a psychopath isn't really a legitimate defense for doing illegal things. This is not like an insanity plea where the person was totally out of their wits.

Again, i feel your frustration and definitely agree that this person should be put in an effective rehabilitation program for much longer than the <15 months that she served.

thelastchicken

thelastchicken

Dec 26, 2019
I would like to talk to her and to hear the story. If she would lie, I would like to hear her lies then.

Whatever is the truth about her mental state and her motivations, the situation is larger than what any of us knows.

Reactions: Salvation_ and a.h
R

reto

Dec 25, 2019
I would like to talk to her and to hear the story. If she would lie, I would like to hear her lies then.

Whatever is the truth about her mental state and her motivations, the situation is larger than what any of us knows.
Not really, everything was quite clear in the trial and trial notes. He was questioning what he was doing, and she went against this and encouraged him. It was all about her, she was cruel beyond words and deserved life.

thelastchicken

thelastchicken

Dec 26, 2019
Not really, everything was quite clear in the trial and trial notes. He was questioning what he was doing, and she went against this and encouraged him. It was all about her, she was cruel beyond words and deserved life.
Do you know what happened before though? Do you know everything she and her boyfriend talked about?... Are you sure she wanted to act like that? I'm not defending her, but not judging either. There's an infinity of subtleties to anyone's present, a choice is the result of the entire life before that. No one is entitled to make sentences.

S

seeking2learn

Aug 18, 2021
I totally agree that she got what she deserved. No one should ever promote that a healthy person without a life threatening disease CTB. At the least this would be manslaughter

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I watched a programme about this case and that poor girl didn't deserve to go to prison at all. At first I was like give her the chair but he was really abusive and gaslighting her and he actually ended up putting this poor vulnerable girl in a terrible position. I don't agree with what she did but it was by no means murder. It's USA ffs they'd have fried her soon as look at her if there was a sniff it could be murder

R

RazzleDazzle

The void stares back.
Sep 16, 2021
I agree should be murder. She prayed on someone vulnerable who wasn't ready to die. I guess I have a stronger reaction than most because of my personal history. It's not the same as this story at all but my ex tried to pressure me into killing myself and gaslighted me into thinking I was going crazy until I actually did become severely mentally ill. And now I don't feel I have a choice. And he still contacts me sometimes telling me he can't live without me and sometimes that I have to die. Sorry not trying to make this about me I just feel very strongly on the matter.

I feel you on this. Living with gaslighting and someone destroying my sanity has made living impossible for me. There's definitely ways to drive someone to suicide and it is a crime.

Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
Yeah I was really against her until I watched further stuff on her, I don't think she did anything wrong really
So far I've held a very negative view of Michelle Carter. If I remember correctly, the media was really highlighting the number of times she ordered her boyfriend to kill himself.

Can you give me a quick rundown of the whole scenario? Of what a actually happened?

Someone on this thread said that he gaslighted her as much as she gaslighted him.

I'm just interested in the full story.

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
I watched a programme about this case and that poor girl didn't deserve to go to prison at all. At first I was like give her the chair but he was really abusive and gaslighting her and he actually ended up putting this poor vulnerable girl in a terrible position. I don't agree with what she did but it was by no means murder. It's USA ffs they'd have fried her soon as look at her if there was a sniff it could be murder
she is a young white affluent extremely manipuliative girl. of course they let her out early. this guy wasn't doing anything but confiding in her.

greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I don't really know the details of the case, but I guess in our society we just assume that anyone encouraging suicide is evil and anyone trying to argue against it is benevolent.

But it's possible we could be living in a world where the reverse is actually true. Imagine we are in the world that the Gnostics had described, one ruled by an evil demiurge that has imprisoned a bunch of immortal souls in the physical prison of bodies and hid this truth from us. The matrix movies took a lot of inspiration from Gnostic ideas. Then essentially anyone arguing for suicide would be actually angels of mercy, freeing our true selves from a life of bondage.