Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
This is just something i've been wondering about if other people experience this often: I basically have no interest in regular topics of life/ have no motivation to do stuff.
I graduated a year ago and have tried out like 10 different jobs since then, but i basically hate them all in the span of a couple weeks. The easy parts are boring af to me, while the parts that are unknown/difficult to me make me anxious.
When I stay at home, i would feel kind of alright by myself, if it wouldn't be absolutely frowned upon by society. My parents despise it if i'm just sitting at home doing nothing, but at least it gives me a bit of peace.
The frustrating part is that most of my family/friends seem to be satisfied with their jobs/hobbies/interests. They brag about their job, while it sounds like absolute 9-5 shitslavery to me. It feels like no matter what choice I make, i get a very undesirable outcome.
At this point, I think it's mostly in my head. Even if I had a job that i "wanted" (which i can't even see happening right now), a wife, kids, a home for myself,... Would that just be it?
It's 2023, you can do more things in life than ever before, but i still feel that life is just so limited. In the end, it just comes down to surviving as long as possible yourself so you can create as many kids as possible, in hopes of them doing the same.
But even that is pointless to me, as global warming will probably make all living life impossible by 2500.
My therapist recommends me to take anti-depressants, but I feel in a phase in my life now where i more than ever want to try out drugs just to feel alive, and if i combine those to it could have dirty consequences.
I don't actively have the desire to die, but I don't really see the future getting much better. As i'll get older, i'll just be more frowned upon if i'm NEET/not career focused.
This ended up being quite the rant, feel free to comment on specific parts so you don't have to write a book-length reply. I'd love to hear what you guys think about this.

Jesse job

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, imsocold, TheGoodGuy and 6 others
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
same here

Reactions: Enlighten
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
That picture hits the spot. I feel everything is so mundane, and there seems to be no reward for doing anything. Working a job means I get money, but I'll have no time. Not having a job means I'll have time, but I'll have no money. It's all a lose lose situation.

Whether I do something or not, I'll end up feeling the same the next day anyway. Suppose I eat this nice juicy piece of steak which I've never tried before. The first time feels amazing, the second time feels alright, the third time I'm bored of it already. So why eat it anyway?

Reactions: sserafim, mothercoin, Tionally and 1 other person
BloomingRose

BloomingRose

Waiting for the Grand Finale
Jan 24, 2023
I get you...
I don't have anything in life I really look forward to and there is nothing that interests me. That's why my motivation hit the rock bottom.
Also getting older is scary. More things to handle and healthwise everything gets worse... All this overwhelms me so much.

Reactions: sserafim, cscott and Enlighten
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I get you...
I don't have anything in life I really look forward to and there is nothing that interests me. That's why my motivation hit the rock bottom.
Also getting older is scary. More things to handle and healthwise everything gets worse... All this overwhelms me so much.
Yeah that's another cope, people say: "men age like wine", but in reality, it's just as over for men as it is for women once you hit 35-40.
I'm 23, these are supposed to be the golden years, but i haven't had golden years since i was like 11 years old.
How old are you if i may ask and what are these things to handle that you mean?

Reactions: sserafim and TheGoodGuy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly never have had any interest in existing, honestly I could never understand why anyone would wish to exist at all, to me existence is just unnecessary, meaningless, futile and tiresome, there is just no point to it, in my case I will always prefer the sound of nothingness as one cannot suffer from not existing. I see existence as being a terrible curse that only death can bring peace from, thinking of decaying from age in this existence I never had a need for in the first place fills me with dread.

Reactions: AncientSorrow, sserafim, mothercoin and 2 others
S

sadandlonely99

Jan 23, 2023
i can definitely relate. This life is nothing more than a meaningless cycle of misery

Reactions: sserafim, Enlighten and cscott
BloomingRose

BloomingRose

Waiting for the Grand Finale
Jan 24, 2023
Yeah that's another cope, people say: "men age like wine", but in reality, it's just as over for men as it is for women once you hit 35-40.
I'm 23, these are supposed to be the golden years, but i haven't had golden years since i was like 11 years old.
How old are you if i may ask and what are these things to handle that you mean?
I am 22.
Right know I am still a student and I see everything gets gradually harder. More rules to follow, more assignments, job hunting seems like a nightmare to me.
My inability to handle stress and social anxiety don't really help with this too...
Although I haven't experienced older age myself, I thought, if I can't get my life together now, then later will be even worse, because of all the stress and pressure that's in me now will backlash later.

Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I am 22.
Right know I am still a student and I see everything gets gradually harder. More rules to follow, more assignments, job hunting seems like a nightmare to me.
My inability to handle stress and social anxiety don't really help with this too...
Although I haven't experienced older age myself, I thought, if I can't get my life together now, then later will be even worse, because of all the stress and pressure that's in me now will backlash later.
Well, you're kinda where i was a year ago then. Although i have to say: I was really done with school too, couldn't wait to get out of there.
However, I already felt like working life wouldn't be better. Lo and behold: It isn't, it's fucking worse.
My parents keep on motivating me for the next job: "maybe this one will be it!!!"
It will never be it. I can't see it ever getting better. I still try to think rationally and in that way, it only gets worse.
I just hope my donated sperm sample gets approved, then get some random kids on the world so i succeeded in bringing over my DNA.
In the meantime i'll just try whatever dumbfuck medication is availlable until i find the courage to CTB.
I might aswell do some crazy shit when that time arrives: Discover the dark web, travel to some shithole country and gamble the last of my money.
The prospect of that at least kind of excites me.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
This is just something i've been wondering about if other people experience this often: I basically have no interest in regular topics of life/ have no motivation to do stuff.
I graduated a year ago and have tried out like 10 different jobs since then, but i basically hate them all in the span of a couple weeks. The easy parts are boring af to me, while the parts that are unknown/difficult to me make me anxious.
When I stay at home, i would feel kind of alright by myself, if it wouldn't be absolutely frowned upon by society. My parents despise it if i'm just sitting at home doing nothing, but at least it gives me a bit of peace.
The frustrating part is that most of my family/friends seem to be satisfied with their jobs/hobbies/interests. They brag about their job, while it sounds like absolute 9-5 shitslavery to me. It feels like no matter what choice I make, i get a very undesirable outcome.
At this point, I think it's mostly in my head. Even if I had a job that i "wanted" (which i can't even see happening right now), a wife, kids, a home for myself,... Would that just be it?
It's 2023, you can do more things in life than ever before, but i still feel that life is just so limited. In the end, it just comes down to surviving as long as possible yourself so you can create as many kids as possible, in hopes of them doing the same.
But even that is pointless to me, as global warming will probably make all living life impossible by 2500.
My therapist recommends me to take anti-depressants, but I feel in a phase in my life now where i more than ever want to try out drugs just to feel alive, and if i combine those to it could have dirty consequences.
I don't actively have the desire to die, but I don't really see the future getting much better. As i'll get older, i'll just be more frowned upon if i'm NEET/not career focused.
This ended up being quite the rant, feel free to comment on specific parts so you don't have to write a book-length reply. I'd love to hear what you guys think about this.

View attachment 120775
Well I recognize a lot of this almost all of it in fact and I can´t promise not to write a book length reply since I can never make anything short.
Everything bores me to because of apathy and anhedonia so anything feels dull and boring nothing excites me anymore. Unlike me you have tried many jobs I have tried a few but can´t work because of my mental and physical problems and I am too incompetent to do most jobs and the ones I even could do I have it the same way the tasks I can manage gets boring within a week or two and the ones I can´t gives me extreme anxiety.
I also am frustrated that i feel so alone in my view on wageslaving like back when I had friends and well a few acquaintances I have now never bothered to work and their job just sounds so boring and mundane like why in the hell does this shit make you excited to get up every morning? I never understood that if I was faced with that or suicide then I would have to choose suicide because it´s sounds like torture to me to be working 8 hours a day 5 days a week for the rest of my life with so little vacation time at least back in school we had a few days holidays sometimes and also a week or two holiday other times or summer vacation which lasted months so we had a lot of breaks we don´t in adult life just slave your way to the grave.

I also don´t get why you should take SSRI´s like if they work as intended it will just numb your feelings and end up completely apathetic and anhedonic like me although to me it wasn´t caused by SSRI´s but just came natural somehow but that is what I have heard from people who used those drugs that now they just don´t feel anything. What kind of life is that? I´ll tell you a life of torture is so trivial, mundane and boring.
I also like your profile picture I am a big fan of Zyzz unfortunately I can´t bodybuild because of my problems so I never really got big which also meant no validation from a beautiful body.

Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
Well I recognize a lot of this almost all of it in fact and I can´t promise not to write a book length reply since I can never make anything short.
Everything bores me to because of apathy and anhedonia so anything feels dull and boring nothing excites me anymore. Unlike me you have tried many jobs I have tried a few but can´t work because of my mental and physical problems and I am too incompetent to do most jobs and the ones I even could do I have it the same way the tasks I can manage gets boring within a week or two and the ones I can´t gives me extreme anxiety.
I also am frustrated that i feel so alone in my view on wageslaving like back when I had friends and well a few acquaintances I have now never bothered to work and their job just sounds so boring and mundane like why in the hell does this shit make you excited to get up every morning? I never understood that if I was faced with that or suicide then I would have to choose suicide because it´s sounds like torture to me to be working 8 hours a day 5 days a week for the rest of my life with so little vacation time at least back in school we had a few days holidays sometimes and also a week or two holiday other times or summer vacation which lasted months so we had a lot of breaks we don´t in adult life just slave your way to the grave.

I also don´t get why you should take SSRI´s like if they work as intended it will just numb your feelings and end up completely apathetic and anhedonic like me although to me it wasn´t caused by SSRI´s but just came natural somehow but that is what I have heard from people who used those drugs that now they just don´t feel anything. What kind of life is that? I´ll tell you a life of torture is so trivial, mundane and boring.
I also like your profile picture I am a big fan of Zyzz unfortunately I can´t bodybuild because of my problems so I never really got big which also meant no validation from a beautiful body.
Yeah, exactly. It feels like I never "grew up" to accept the reality that adults just have to work nearly all the time and have no free time. You basically go from an alright situation as a child, to an unbearable one long-term as an adult.
I don't think i have anhedonia myself. I can still experience pleasure, but most of the time it is short-lived and it is hard for me to focus on that pleasure when i know the grind will just come after it again.
I don't know exactly how they will work. They're not supposed to make you completely dull, but they might yeah. I'm now tryng out 60 mg of Duloxetine and i'll see how that goes. If i don't like it i can always just quit them.
Yeah Zyzz is great. I'm not working out as much myself now, but I still try to.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy