• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
In my 20s I felt like I needed romantic love . I think cause my hormones were in full force and I saw all these couples around me now that I'm 36 I realize only a small percentage of people are actually happy in their relationships. A lot of marriages end in divorce and romantic love is usually temporary once the hormones calm down anyways . I still fantasize about it though as a coping mechanism. It can be tough not having intimacy though

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
22 is still young, a good time to get started really.

I can't even start.
ik im still young but i wont be forever. it could happen but it could not happen. what if i turn 42 one day and I'm still at the same point in life?

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
i turned 22 yesterday. i had an amazing time with friends and family for the past 2-3 days celebrating together. but what am i even celebrating? I'm still lonely. saw a video on Instagram today about a woman being single her whole life and she was 42. i dont want to live like that. i dont know if i want to recover. this loneliness is eating me alive. i have sm love in my heart to give but there is no one. there might never be.
To be fair, you have 20 years, and most relationships started as a young adult won't last, unfortunately. They average about 2-4 years, and many young adults are just trying to find their place in life. I feel like mid-to-late 20s might be the best time to seriously consider settling down, as I feel like people are more mature. I felt like I needed a relationship until I got one and got cheated on and dumped for the guy she cheated with.

I don't want to sound like I am invalidating your feelings though, just offering a different perspective, as I do know how painful loneliness can be at times.
ik im still young but i wont be forever. it could happen but it could not happen. what if i turn 42 one day and I'm still at the same point in life?
Also, just seeing this, but you could be right, it may never happen and you could turn 42 and be at the same point, however unlikely it may sound. However, you could be wrong as well, and things may change for you. I don't know though.