• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

aBLEACHyindividual

Sep 5, 2020
I mean, King Saul did it mid-battle when he knew he was going to lose and be killed (or captured) by the opposition which I think is very symbolic. It directly states he "fell" on his own sword. I think it's like God's way of explaining how sometimes in life it's okay to give up when the fighting is unbearable.

I know Catholics & such all say that the Bibe speaks against suicide but I can't find any verses proving so.

Reactions: daddy Phil :), esse_est_percipi and pthnrdnojvsc
W

Womps

Nov 1, 2020
Im not religious so i have no clue but, a google search for "anti suicide quotes from bible" brought me up a metric shit-ton of articles

A

aBLEACHyindividual

Sep 5, 2020
Im not religious so i have no clue but, a google search for "anti suicide quotes from bible" brought me up a metric shit-ton of articles
None of them actually bring up any Bible verses that are outright against suicide tho.

Reactions: suicideisgood and esse_est_percipi
W

Womps

Nov 1, 2020
Perhaps this idk, all bible verses are greatly varied by interpretation, as you demonstrated in your post. You heard of the story of this "king saul" and you drew your individual conclusion of its meaning. I believe that to be the case for any religious scripture, its however you can interpretate the words to bring the best conclusion tailored for yourself as an individual.

• Love
Reactions: daddy Phil :)
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
No, there is no explicit unambiguous condemnation of suicide in the Bible.
Nowhere does it say that suicide is a sin or that it is somehow unforgivable by God. That is a later Church/Catholic invention.

The first Christian theologian to expound an anti-suicide doctrine was Augustine in the 4th century AD, who justified it by saying that the fifth commandment ('thou shalt not kill') implicitly encompassed killing oneself too.

But you're right there are suicides in the Bible which aren't explicitly condemned, like Samson, Judas etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: antigone_iris, stygal, 262653 and 7 others
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
The closest I've found isn't the Bible but Dante. Ive unfortunately read the Bible several times. I don't recall certain passages. However remember this. There are so many interpretations of the Bible that who knows what's even the real Bible anymore.

Reactions: _Minsk, esse_est_percipi and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
No. The whole suicide is a sin arose from the roman catholic church, when too many members were taking their own lives. The church couldn't take the hit to loosing the masses. So they said doing so would send you to hell. No scripture supports that position. God surely would surely understand that a severe chemical imbalance, unbearable physical pain, or horrible life situations should be met with compassion. Suicide isn't a fashion statement, it's a reaction to stimuli (life) that is causing unbearable suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120, aBLEACHyindividual, Viceroy and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Usually priests refuse to do a funeral if they know the person committed suicide. They believe the soul doesn't have salvation. But I'm an atheist so....

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk and Heart Shards
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
The old testamente makes no reference to suicide being a sin, and instead praises various heroes who did commit suicide, like samson for example. The new testament deos condemn suicide multiple times, putting it as equal to any other homicide

Usually priests refuse to do a funeral if they know the person committed suicide. They believe the soul doesn't have salvation. But I'm an atheist so....
I'm pretty sure a priest can't refuse to hold a ceremony under any circumstance, or at least in catholicism

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
The old testamente makes no reference to suicide being a sin, and instead praises various heroes who did commit suicide, like samson for example. The new testament deos condemn suicide multiple times, putting it as equal to any other homicide

I'm pretty sure a priest can't refuse to hold a ceremony under any circumstance, or at least in catholicism
the most conservative priests don't, I know that for a fact.

Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Do you live in a protestant country? I checked and it's absolutely not allowed in both catholicism and orthodoxy

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Some also refuse to give communion to divorced people, so I've heard.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sherri and Heart Shards
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Do you live in a protestant country? I checked and it's absolutely not allowed in both catholicism and orthodoxy
My auntie died of suicide and no priest wanted to perform the funeral. I'll leave it at that. Sorry.
Some also refuse to give communion to divorced people, so I've heard.
Yes also true. Thankfully I don't believe in any religion. But that's just my point of view and I respect all other opinions.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Heart Shards
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Can't have the flock leaving the plane of the demiurge and going to heavenly bliss.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
The new testament deos condemn suicide multiple times, putting it as equal to any other homicide
does it?
Didn't Jesus commit a kind of suicide, suicide by proxy? He willingly went to his own death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvermorning