• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
Not looking for judgement here just knowledge of people that would have any way of knowing. If you were to be knocked out with chloroform and have someone slit your throat would you feel it at all?

Genuinely just curious

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Chloroform doesn't work like in the movies or the "does this rag smell like chloroform" gag. From Wikipedia:
The use of chloroform as an incapacitating agent has become widely recognized, bordering on cliché, through the adoption by crime fiction authors of plots involving criminals' use of chloroform-soaked rags to render victims unconscious. However, it is nearly impossible to incapacitate someone using chloroform in this way.[65] It takes at least five minutes of inhalation of chloroform to render a person unconscious. Most criminal cases involving chloroform involve co-administration of another drug, such as alcohol or diazepam, or the victim being complicit in its administration. After a person has lost consciousness owing to chloroform inhalation, a continuous volume must be administered, and the chin must be supported to keep the tongue from obstructing the airway, a difficult procedure, typically requiring the skills of an anesthesiologist.

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
So it's far from reliable for my intended purpose basically?
It's an effective anaesthetic but it takes time to take effect and requires a constant stream to maintain anaesthesia. I think it would be difficult to pull off (and the equipment used to deliver it medically hadn't been made in decades).

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
You can be rendered unconscious and kept unconscious by chloroform, but it takes someone well trained to do it right. Otherwise there's a very good chance you wake up in the middle of it (trust me, I tried :wink: )