• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
Found an academic (ish? Linked to a uni anyhow) paper discussing suicide by charcoal - CO poisoning basically - in areas of Asia. It has grown to be the second most common method of ctb in that area apparently. There was mention of how it hasn't caught on in the west - yet. Talk of "playing it down". Guess so that it doesn't become a common method here. So. Is it happening more often than is reported? Is it more successful than they want us to know?

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusuk63, Lifeisatrap, SinisterKid and 3 others
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
It's pretty damn successful. One of my uncles CTB that way.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, not_a_robot and AtomicNewt
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I understand it's popular in Japan, there was a recent case of three or four people who used it in their car.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and AtomicNewt
D

Dragon

Dec 7, 2018
CO poisoning is definitely the way to go if you have the proper space to do it. If N isn't accessible.....comes down to CO and SN for me. Exit did an experiment with a 20-foot shipping container and it only took around 2 or so pounds of charcoal for the shipping container to reach highly lethal levels in only about 70 minutes. So, inside of a tent or car, you're good to go...

Reactions: throwaway_2620, Lifeisatrap and AtomicNewt
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
CO and tent is still my planned method. Trying to get my date set up.

Reactions: marcusuk63, Lifeisatrap, jake3d and 1 other person
AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
CO and tent is still my planned method. Trying to get my date set up.
Mine too. Slowly acquiring bits and hoping there's a chance this way it looks like an accident. Wine, summer, fire...

Reactions: marcusuk63, Lifeisatrap and Empty Smile
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
CO poisoning is indeed deadly. It saturates the haemoglobin in your blood which carries oxygen to all parts of the body. Once that happens, you literally starve the body of oxygen. Its usually a product of what is know as incomplete combustion. Anyone who does gas safety courses is well aware of the dangers of CO poisoning. It can lead to prosecution in incorrect servicing/installation of gas appliances/solid fuel appliances.

CO in a tent? Are tents not breathable, so therefore have a oxygen supply which means CO could escape as well? Not a method I know much about.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, blanketyblk, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
Mine too. Slowly acquiring bits and hoping there's a chance this way it looks like an accident. Wine, summer, fire...
Yea, it can be made to look accidental. There was an incident somewhere last year where a girl was accidentally killed by CO.

Her and family were camping, and she got tired and went and laid down, leaving the tent door open so the air could keep it cool. Well, the breeze was blowing the CO from the charcoal into her tent, and the rest is..... History.

Reactions: marcusuk63, Lifeisatrap, AtomicNewt and 1 other person
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I think night night is hushed a little too. It's so simple when you understand it. I don't mean to derail the thread just a similar topic.

Reactions: AtomicNewt
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
CO poisoning is indeed deadly. It saturates the haemoglobin in your blood which carries oxygen to all parts of the body. Once that happens, you literally starve the body of oxygen. Its usually a product of what is know as incomplete combustion. Anyone who does gas safety courses is well aware of the dangers of CO poisoning. It can lead to prosecution in incorrect servicing/installation of gas appliances/solid fuel appliances.

CO in a tent? Are tents not breathable, so therefore have a oxygen supply which means CO could escape as well? Not a method I know much about.
Tents are very doable. They tend to be waterproof, or you spray the water resistant spray on tent. Then use duct tape to seal all zippers and any openings.

I heard someone had used a plastic sheet inside tent and sealed it up somehow. I'm not sure how true the story is, but hey, if it worked, it worked.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Lifeisatrap, SinisterKid and 1 other person
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
When I was planning on co in a tent, I was going to surround the tent with plastic sheeting.

Reactions: marcusuk63, Lifeisatrap, Faraway1990 and 1 other person
M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
I wish there was more Info on this as in survival mode if it takes ya out quickly or if you have bad symptoms that would make you want to get out if it was just going to sleep and be done with it I'd do it now

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
I think it is one of the more effective ways, but it does require technical know-how and it is possible to mess it up. I've decided that I am going to go with N if I do it.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
D

Dragon

Dec 7, 2018
Any tent can (and should) easily be sealed and taped with large trash bags. Though a water-proof tent should be efficient in holding the gas it is always better to take extra precaution.

Charcoal needs to be burned in a charcoal burner for about 45-60 minutes until they are all gray. If there is still any black to the charcoal it may produce unwanted smoke once you are inside the tent/car. Once burned down they need to be placed inside of a bucket which is then placed either on top of bricks or inside of a large pot with water to catch downward heat. Best to be prepared with lots of alcohol or benzos to induce loss of consciousness as quickly as possible. CO does make you sleepy and induce unconsciousness on its own, but it is best to be prepared. Once unconscious you will be dead in less than an hour and a half. Any more than 2.5 lbs of charcoal is essentially overkill. But it can't hurt to use a couple of extra pounds as a precaution. The most important thing is that the tent or car is completely sealed. Trash bags and duct tape will do the trick for both. Also, an important thing to keep in mind is the heat generated from the charcoal. Sure, it makes sense to want to use an entire bag of charcoal to make damn sure that you don't wake up...but 11.5 lbs of charcoal is going to give off A LOT of heat. This could turn out to be a pretty big issue. Especially if you are using a small 1-2 person tent.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtomicNewt, Ἡγησίας, throwaway_2620 and 2 others
M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
CARBON DIOXIDE EXPOSURE EFFECTS – FACT SHEET
Studies by NIOSH in 1976 dispelled the myth that carbon dioxide is an asphyxiant gas and only causes
adverse health effects when it displaces oxygen.
Symptoms of overexposure by inhalation include dizziness, headache, nausea, rapid breathing, shortness of
breath, deeper breathing, increased heart rate (tachycardia), eye and extremity twitching, cardiac
arrhythmia, memory disturbances, lack of concentration, visual and hearing disturbances (including
photophobia, blurred vision, transient blindness, hearing loss and ringing in the ears), sweating, restlessness,
vomiting, shaking, confusion, flushed skin, panic, parathesis (a sensation of numbness in the extremities),
disorientation, convulsions, unconsciousness, coma, and death.
CO2
Concentration
Duration Physiological Impact/Health Effect
1,000 ppm Less than
2½ hrs.
Impairs judgment, decision-making ability, and thinking skills on a
short-term basis, even for healthy individuals.
2,500 ppm Less than
2½ hrs.
Many individuals are rendered cognitively marginal or
dysfunctional.
5,000 ppm with
20.9% Oxygen
Headache, lethargy, mental slowness, emotional irritation, and
sleep disruption.
6% 1-2 mins. Hearing and visual disturbances
7% (70,000 ppm)
with 20.9%
Oxygen
5 mins. death
10% to 15% Dizziness, drowsiness, severe muscle twitching, unconsciousness and
death within a few minutes.
17% to 30%
Within 1
min.
Loss of controlled and purposeful activity, unconsciousness, coma,
convulsions, and death
30% carbon
dioxide, with 70%
oxygen
30 secs. Unconsciousness, with some subjects having seizures that were
characterized as decerebrate (no cerebral functioning).
Even though oxygen is necessary to carry out cell functions, it is not the lack of oxygen that stimulates
breathing. Breathing is stimulated by an excess of CO2. If an individual breathes too slowly (bradypnea),
does not breathe deeply enough, (dyspnea), or is exposed to excessive CO2 levels, too much CO2 can build
up. This causes increased breathing and the other physiological responses discussed above.
Concentrated CO2 conditions impact most living organisms. Plant roots can actually be suffocated, which stops
the uptake of nutrients and kills the plants.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Err this thread is about CO [carbon monoxide] not CO2 [carbon dioxide] But great info :wink:

M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
[Read it QUOTE="SinisterKid, post: 339723, member: 8233"]
Err this thread is about CO [carbon monoxide] not CO2 [carbon dioxide] But great info :wink:
[/QUOTE]
Read it from the top it says carbon monoxide?

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
[Read it QUOTE="SinisterKid, post: 339723, member: 8233"]
Read it from the top it says carbon monoxide?
[/QUOTE]

The very first line of the very first post says "death by charcoal, CO poisoning basically" That kinda gives it away. Easy mistake to make, no worries.

M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
Hope this is big enough to read if not sorry

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-19-18-38-36.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-19-18-38-36.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2019-06-19-18-38-49.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-19-18-38-49.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: throwaway_2620
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Yea, it can be made to look accidental. There was an incident somewhere last year where a girl was accidentally killed by CO.

Her and family were camping, and she got tired and went and laid down, leaving the tent door open so the air could keep it cool. Well, the breeze was blowing the CO from the charcoal into her tent, and the rest is..... History.

Reactions: SinisterKid, AtomicNewt and Empty Smile