Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Toss the meter after one test, it won't work properly or at all anymore.
How do you know this please? What about the expensive one that goes up to 10,000 ppm?

Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
@Meditation guide The sensor in the meter uses chemical compound to detect CO and it will deplete fast in very high CO concentrations.
I believe the professional meters also use similar electrochemical sensors but of course better ones.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
The sensor in the meter uses chemical compound to detect CO and it will deplete fast in very high CO concentrations.
Do the meters need to be calibrated regularly and if so why?

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
@Meditation guide The sensor in the meter uses chemical compound to detect CO and it will deplete fast in very high CO concentrations.
I believe the professional meters also use similar electrochemical sensors but of course better ones.

I have mentioned before I had an old meter(test 327 gas analyzer) and it died, because of CO exposure, the cells needed replacing.so it can be fixed. I have a new meter(kane 458) though that switches off the pump, if high CO is sensed.

You should always purge your meter after testing for CO aswell.
Do the meters need to be calibrated regularly and if so why?

yes, once a year. for a gas analyser To make sure they are reading the gasses correctly i imagine. like i use mine to test gas boilers, it needs to be reading correctly in order for me to be sure a boiler is safe.

The gas analyser tests for other things, as well as CO. every 5 years i have to have the cells changed in mine. I imagine it can depend on use though aswell

Last edited:
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Those cheap consumer meters that show up to 1000ppm are ruined in high CO concentrations.
Toss the meter after one test, it won't work properly or at all anymore.
I'm amazed it fries the meters

Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
@Meditation guide None that I've used needed calibration, Fluke and some German brand I don't remember.

@TheQ22 Yeah it's game over when the chemical runs out in the sensor.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Ah so it measures by a chemical reaction? I was imagining some kind of electrical measurement via a sensor.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I have this, cost about £850 4yrs ago
  • CO range: 0 to 20%
  • CO2 range: 0 to 2000ppm
  • Measures temperature and pressure
  • Calculates O2
  • Calculates excess air
  • CO/CO2 ratio
  • Calculates combustion efficiency
  • Let by/tightness
  • Automatic test sequence for new boilers
  • Advanced pump system protects CO sensor
  • 2 x KPCP clamp on temperature probes
  • 1 x KAL1 air/liquid temperature probe
  • IRP-2 Printer included
  • GLD/450plus gas leak detector

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
So I have figured out pretty much everything except how do I put the charcoal in the car without burning anything? I figured I can go to a park cook some food eat a little to make it less suspicious and then sit in the car for awhile with it. Like what do I store it in while its still hot in the car? Or what are things that are suited to it?
Sorry am new can someone pls dm me charcoal method?

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
That's the problem with the method:
The amount of carbon monoxide in the air is hard to be controlled. If the space isn't sealed you just go on living with probably severe brain damages and other injuries that come from hypoxia. Small sealed space may or may not highten the percentage of carbon monoxide in the air. Anyway, the smaller the space the quicker one will feel like in a hellisch sauna. The fire may easily catch over to the interior of a car, like from small sparks...
I don't think it's the safest way to go.