• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Unknown21

Unknown21

この世界は残酷だ。
Apr 25, 2023
Is this possible or do you have to wait for a trigger event, or a severe despair phase?
Because I believe that the ideal golden time will not come, I must take this step even if I am not fully prepared as long as I see that this is the ideal solution for me.

TrifoliumsFriend

TrifoliumsFriend

Mar 22, 2024
Dunno if the ideal time will come, but I think some factors can be positive incentives. For example, I'm planning to sit around my downtown bridge. While it is in downtown, the bridge is pretty isolated all things considered. Should be especially so at night. Dunno if I will jump or not, but am planning to do SN method while just sitting there and contemplating everything

My hope is that being away from family and people means no one will stop me, it's just me and my mind. Any isolated "resting spot" with a decent view would do. On second thought, I'm gonna tour around my city to find the best location.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I asked a similar question yesterday, about whether it's possible to go through with CTB even if you don't fully feel ready. Got some interesting responses, you might want to check them out.

My conclusion from that post was that we all need to figure out our own definition of what "ready" means, and once you've met that condition, you'll be able to go through with it. For me, I've decided that I'll be ready to die when the rushing river is more alluring to me than the safety and comfort of my own bed. (I have felt this before, so I know it's attainable).

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
Waiting for a trigger event is fine I think, but don't ever do it on impulse. That's how you mess up and permanently injure yourself - if you're in an emotional state you probably won't be able to do the deed safely. Also, I think it's equally as likely that an event could trigger a desire to get better, so that might be a good reason to wait; to see if your feelings on this change with time. If they do, then ctb was not the right decision. If you are set on going through with it, I think you will know when you are ready. Just kind of like, "it's time."

Unknown21

Unknown21

この世界は残酷だ。
Apr 25, 2023
Dunno if the ideal time will come, but I think some factors can be positive incentives. For example, I'm planning to sit around my downtown bridge. While it is in downtown, the bridge is pretty isolated all things considered. Should be especially so at night. Dunno if I will jump or not, but am planning to do SN method while just sitting there and contemplating everything

My hope is that being away from family and people means no one will stop me. Any isolated "resting spot" with a decent view would do. On second thought, I'm gonna tour around my city to find the best location.
SN is my method too. I am facing some difficulties in completing the matter. I must take the step, but I am afraid to painck and ask for help...etc. I do not know what the ideal and truly appropriate time is, and I think it will not come. It seems that I will do it when the situation is appropriate, apart from my psychological preparation.

Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb
lotus11

lotus11

Experienced
May 18, 2019
For me it's not about the right time because I know I am ready but the right place. I've always been deeply unhappy with the surroundings and situation I was brought up in and much of my life has been focused on trying to get out (in vain). I think in order to be able to manage to kill myself I need to go somewhere far away, beautiful, with a different energy so I can finally feel free and manage to go

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
To me suicide is the absolute last resort, we only go once the brain accepts all attempts at recovery have failed.

People say they hate all life and existence yet are still here, there is always hope.

It's extremely complicated to get ready to CTB, that's why I don't get these people who say the forum doesn't have enough death talk.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
Is this possible or do you have to wait for a trigger event, or a severe despair phase?
Because I believe that the ideal golden time will not come, I must take this step even if I am not fully prepared as long as I see that this is the ideal solution for me.
I don't know how I feel about a golden moment that its right.

My approach is two steps forward and one step back toward CTB. It means that I just take two steps forward and do the planning that is needed for that step, and then I step back one step and rethink it

One thing about a two-step forward and a one-step back approach is at some moment two step forward will mean I am stepping off, and there is not stepping back

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There's never the perfect time for anything. But I think someone can feel when it's time to go but imo there must be a last trigger to reach a state of total desperation and hopelessness) to be able to overcome SI. The slightest piece of hope can destroy the attempt.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Waiting for a trigger event is fine I think, but don't ever do it on impulse. That's how you mess up and permanently injure yourself - if you're in an emotional state you probably won't be able to do the deed safely. Also, I think it's equally as likely that an event could trigger a desire to get better, so that might be a good reason to wait; to see if your feelings on this change with time. If they do, then ctb was not the right decision. If you are set on going through with it, I think you will know when you are ready. Just kind of like, "it's time."
Yes I agree, never do it impulsively. Read too many horror stories there.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
I'm not sure. I can say there's been times I have been close and it was relatively evident that it wasn't my time. For instance the last two times I was close. I had to ropes and found the perfect secluded spot that wasn't well traveled and hidden my large fallen trees in a park. But I A) realized I am an idiot I have no idea how to tie hangmans knot-never was in boy scouts. But I also realized that it was rapidly getting dark and I would need some light to carry things out. I did have the rope around my neck.

A couple weeks with new found knowledge of how to tie a hangman's knot. I resolved to find that spot. Instead I took a wrong turn and ended up walking along a well traveled river and no good places to carry it out. I think it could be said that those two times it was shown it wasn't my time. I'm not sure why I am still alive maybe my time will come soon...

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I tend to attempt during an impulsive highly emotional state. I've attempted a lot. Trying again tomorrow. It's exhausting. Traumatic every time. I don't give up.
Best wishes to you, I hope you find your everlasting peace.

tronix

tronix

Mar 23, 2024
In the past, I made my attempts while being really emotional and, therefore, probably not being ready in terms of resources as well as patience (?). That doesn't mean now I'm making plans and putting an exact date in my calendar, I just sit down and wait for the right time. Trying not to overthink it, not to act impulsively. I don't want this to be a choice out of anger. I guess one day I will wake up and just tell myself this is the day. Just like that. Triggering events? Well, what brought me here was such an event, but now I make peace with ctb more and more, knowing I've always felt like I'd want to decide about my departure and always considered life isn't that great for me so why should I stay. I never thought I'd make it this far. I was a kid when I tried for the first time.

W

Worth_less

Feb 14, 2024
I will probably wait for a time when my close relatives aren't already going through a hard time. I would also like to do it at a time when I feel very suicidal but also energetic enough to go through with it the way I'm planning to. That kind of mental state will probably come itself, at least I hope so.

Unknown21

Unknown21

この世界は残酷だ。
Apr 25, 2023
Currently waiting for a trigger event.
I am currently bored with my life and everything keeps getting worse, so I want to end it even though I am not completely psychologically or mentally ready.