P

PurpleDeath

Nov 12, 2021
Can I just pour a lot of liquid nitrogen in my room and chill in my bed to death? How much would I need in a ~50m^3 room? I did some quick calculations and found out that 1L liquid nitrogen turns to just under 700L gas Nitrogen, so I would need whooping 68L of liquid nitrogen to completely fill such a volume with gas, which sounds way too much, dosnt it? Of course, the room dosnt start with vacuum and the air inside is already 80% nitrogen aaaaand in confused.
5L bottle of LN is somewhat cheap, but at the volumes mentioned above it becomes prohibitively expensive. (unless I take one of those quick money credits, which I wont have to pay back if successful.. But IDK, I woul like to have an option sitting in the closet so I can pull it out whenever and get it done, I woulnt want some time pressure of fearing paying back.)
Pure compressed nitrogen gas is much more expensive, for reasons I dont quite understand, and also doenst seem to be available for purchase for any random person, unlike liquid nitrogen is, thats why im thinking of the liquid nitrogen. At least from what I found, I dont know shit.

DanWhoLikesPie

DanWhoLikesPie

Dec 14, 2021
Nitrogen is a peaceful method, but why go through all the complications? The bag method is far more straightforward and reliable, and it reduces the risk of being found with brain damage, which is a real concern if you're passed out for hours on end in a gas-filled room.

• Informative
Reactions: WearyHSP and NearlyIrrelevantCake
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Not going to work unless you have a completely air-tight room. Even then, like @DanWhoLikesPie said, there is a huge risk of permanent brain damage unless everything is perfect.

Reactions: DanWhoLikesPie, WearyHSP and NearlyIrrelevantCake
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Can I just pour a lot of liquid nitrogen in my room and chill in my bed to death? How much would I need in a ~50m^3 room? I did some quick calculations and found out that 1L liquid nitrogen turns to just under 700L gas Nitrogen, so I would need whooping 68L of liquid nitrogen to completely fill such a volume with gas, which sounds way too much, dosnt it? Of course, the room dosnt start with vacuum and the air inside is already 80% nitrogen aaaaand in confused.
5L bottle of LN is somewhat cheap, but at the volumes mentioned above it becomes prohibitively expensive. (unless I take one of those quick money credits, which I wont have to pay back if successful.. But IDK, I woul like to have an option sitting in the closet so I can pull it out whenever and get it done, I woulnt want some time pressure of fearing paying back.)
Pure compressed nitrogen gas is much more expensive, for reasons I dont quite understand, and also doenst seem to be available for purchase for any random person, unlike liquid nitrogen is, thats why im thinking of the liquid nitrogen. At least from what I found, I dont know shit.
The room is way too big of an area, and there will be circulation withini the house and from outdoors- you need a much smaller space that is airtight.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, DanWhoLikesPie and summers
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I wonder if this could work but maybe in a car or something? Not totally air tight, but more so than a bedroom and smaller

P

PurpleDeath

Nov 12, 2021
Nitrogen is a peaceful method, but why go through all the complications? The bag method is far more straightforward and reliable, and it reduces the risk of being found with brain damage, which is a real concern if you're passed out for hours on end in a gas-filled room.
IDK about the bag - complicated air flow regulators and what not. Also, im afraid the bag will fall of if I dont tie it down, but also if it might burst if Im for example, duct tape ir around my neck.

DanWhoLikesPie

DanWhoLikesPie

Dec 14, 2021
IDK about the bag - complicated air flow regulators and what not. Also, im afraid the bag will fall of if I dont tie it down, but also if it might burst if Im for example, duct tape ir around my neck.
The bag should be comfortable, but snug. I saw a video of a lady who makes them, and she uses a loose elastic band. The bag also has a vent hole in it, so you can breathe freely. Death only occurs when you begin the nitrogen flow, which pushes regular air out of the bag.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I wonder if this could work but maybe in a car or something? Not totally air tight, but more so than a bedroom and smaller
I have heard of a case in the news of the charcoal method working in a car, don't know the details, if they taped over vents or whatever else.