• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
I am currently fasting but I would like some taste so I thought about chewing gum but I am worried thatsome of the sugar will be swallowed.

Reactions: jemetire
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Chewing gum stimulates salivation and releases digestive enzymes. Eating is signaled to the body and the digestive process is activated.
This can cause hunger. Of course you will swallow sugar. Sugar increases the production of gastric acid. This can increase the risk of vomiting.
For this reason, I would advise not to use chewing gum.

edit:
I forgot something. If there is a lot of stomach acid in your stomach but you don't eat anything, this can cause stomach ache.

Best wishes 🍀

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, GettingOut, BrokeN__lil’__girl and 4 others
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Chewing gum stimulates salivation and releases digestive enzymes. Eating is signaled to the body and the digestive process is activated.
This can cause hunger. Of course you will swallow sugar. Sugar increases the production of gastric acid. This can increase the risk of vomiting.
For this reason, I would advise not to use chewing gum.
Thanks for the information

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Only Hubba Bubba.

• Hmph!
  • Yay!
Reactions: SenseOfLoss, befree and Darkover
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
I forgot something. If there is a lot of stomach acid in your stomach but you don't eat anything, this can cause stomach ache.
How should I know if I have much stomach acid?
I fasted since 4pm I think.

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
How should I know if I have much stomach acid?
I fasted since 4pm I think.
What I said applies to chewing gum. If you don't eat anything and don´t use chewing gum, no additional gastric acid is produced.

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
What I said applies to chewing gum. If you don't eat anything and don´t use chewing gum, no additional gastric acid is produced.
I have fasted since 5 hours and will ctb tomorrow 1pm but I would like to eat a melon now but I am worried that then fasting wouldn't be long

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I have fasted since 5 hours and will ctb tomorrow 1pm but I would like to eat a melon now but I am worried that then fasting wouldn't be long
Regardless of the method, I would always follow the guide.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I think Vizzys guide states 8 hours fasting is enough
Regardless of the method: I would rely on a longer proven guide than on a guide modified by a single person.

Melon contains a lot of sugar. I explained to you what happens when you eat sugar. Your decision.

It's not embarrassing if you realize you can't follow the guide, stop the process, and either choose another method or do it later.
This would be better than possibly failing (maybe with damage).

Last edited:
Reactions: GettingOut
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Regardless of the method: I would rely on a longer proven guide than on a guide modified by a single person.
How long do you think I should fast?
Melon contains a lot of sugar. I explained to you what happens when you eat sugar. Your decision.
Should the last meal be without much sugar generelly or was the problem that I stopped fasting?
It's not embarrassing if you realize you can't follow the guide, stop the process, and either choose another method or do it later.
This would be better than possibly failing (maybe with damage).
Which guide should I use instead of vizzys guide?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Your questions indicate to me that you have not thoroughly researched your chosen method. You have already started the process, but in the middle of the process you ask which is the better guide. Most members used Stan´s guide. The problem is, that you stopped fasting.

My advice to avoid failure with possible permanent health damage: Stop the process, inform yourself thoroughly and choose a new date.

I say all this regardless of how I feel about the SN method in general, only concerning your health.

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Your questions indicate to me that you have not thoroughly researched your chosen method. You have already started the process, but in the middle of the process you ask which is the better guide. Most members used Stan´s guide. The problem is, that you stopped fasting.

My advice to avoid failure with possible permanent health damage: Stop the process, inform yourself thoroughly and choose a new date.

I say all this regardless of how I feel about the SN method in general, only concerning your health.
Stans guide states the same thing for fasting that 8 hours are recommended but it depends on peoples own metabolism.
I can still fast it would still be 16 hours fasting then.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Only you can decide whether and how to continue. I hope you are doing the right thing.

I´m off now. Best wishes.

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Only you can decide whether and how to continue. I hope you are doing the right thing.

I´m off now. Best wishes.
I will rather do it wednesday and now eat something big the last time then it would be 37 hours but maybe that would be too long.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
then it would be 37 hours but maybe that would be too long
As I said before, I would always follow a proven guide. In the guide you will find all the details about the process. I assume that you have also read and understood everything about the risks of the method. In another thread you asked which date would be more suitable because then your parents are not there. In another thread you ask if you can flush food down the toilet. All the questions in this thread and in the other two threads show me that you are not sure about the process. For this reason, I again advise you to read more thoroughly about the method and its risks. I have nothing further to add to what I have already said.

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
As I said before, I would always follow a proven guide. In the guide you will find all the details about the process. I assume that you have also read and understood everything about the risks of the method. In another thread you asked which date would be more suitable because then your parents are not there. In another thread you ask if you can flush food down the toilet. All the questions in this thread and in the other two threads show me that you are not sure about the process. For this reason, I again advise you to read more thoroughly about the method and its risks. I have nothing further to add to what I have already said.
Most guides state that 8 hours is mostly enough but it depends on the own metabolism