• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Nights

Nights

Student
Apr 27, 2023
If i were to jump as high as i can, and fall, while a strong rope is hanged in my neck, could this break or lead to me losing my head? my weigh is around 50kg, also is breaking a neck painful? in case i survive will the damage be irreversible? does this help losing consciousness faster or it'll just cause more pain than needed? i'll be using the hangman knot btw

L

lyk0s002

Jun 14, 2023
Breaking a neck from hanging is more math than anything. The olden days Brit were able to fine tune this and actually make hanging drop tables depending on weight. They listed the amount of rope needed to fall in order to produce a snap. Wikipedia has some articles.

As far as death I'm not sure. I do know that snapping a neck would make any recovery if survived a lot worse. Being Paralyzed is a factor that can't be ignored here compared to pure asphyxiation which wouldn't risk it (depending on brain damage). As for brain damage once that's there generally speaking there's no reversing. Permanent damage is likely upon survival for both snapping and asphyxiation (depending how long the brain is left without oxygen.) There's a lot of variables in regards to both and hanging throughout history shows us the nuances.

• Informative
Reactions: Avīci- and Praestat_Mori