• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
My IC order is shipped! Hooray! But, estimated delivery is April 4. I cheaped out, because I had to pay my water and gas bills, and get some litter and food for KaliKat. And put some money back for my final meal. Here's a picture of little Kali: Apologies for the poor formatting. I'm a Gen Xer. Didn't grow up with computers.
AMWts8CsTKQljHWDjQ76j6qxHkcFf2aWO-3700uJy5ZL6uaPUiB2XCj0R-hcdcZK0JypoA31dNz4vNMIXsxwlegXrOUxATC2CaGp3LAW8DStCMyqNLxLNfbo2LtJ0WXWjy2QBEWcPihnLBBYNScSG5IEFZLkkJzUhMZxD27jZ5BnVolBBiApwo9slMyPUNcNtKctqaLs83oZRXUeThynG_aMs2PxNSWJNO2aYurHnyznDLgbNvPnerBaGkz0tEtXpm9Sy_y9eocbp_h4imKLFjTUXcvb1i2-vl7FX61KXDljQw3Go5n1csd3_8iQI3pTjBENyCwszzlBj1Wd7h9yNHCCa1b0HXfrTMvPmbBS51qLGblKDVceS8VX8i3jOVsDq-__nUvBvD9i1vCt14Fy4rZTeMRvw8am2ZJhZ28eArbNTYuUK0YW_nz5ydNXj5Kf-kP4TQHxCADeQyrAE04DDdMoj0jb08gA5AWh1YCbVOdW2VdTTrHkPVW0jsc2ixrMrJjBzJkan7TcgDCi3LDwzzrpEUmAntCWOeCv-J3vM_6B2W3fB7Bk3Twt4V4o-5awM77sF2tS68YXsLxtPADB24NBoSLOmqDv0WFSqtuGkZ1xxDZUcYtuiTEXj8C1a-epIgExIQSswogOJz2Uj51g0KX9kcCBt6Y5bSe08ZZDAleRCdelrahJh_NX7_6CNsl5u1d1iGwr_J-LfPgcLsDeOJDP_DD2mQVTkX7NXiY2S8D8Hbfh3bQk8q2g4h9owZfWNBxSLlebPxMqn2_Ty7F24qns5jW2LLFT6IgY1rVSaQ6bZAp6hl4nOnvueu_C3Qwbz4VEzMw6KzvM2WmoT9U2j6fu2_To3Dpac1fOM0yLqoQG9su7Ha5tYI41Ab4bRS6aUy_kaYIMBSiQfiv5CbBpA9RSjNZGkew2QZig0LhNoJsnK9x_-D5ClxzgQaML671FhTwcKKvckOvKfHfSe3fzS41KYGBc6HQ1JQ=w429-h954-s-no

green_snail_227

green_snail_227

your life is so precious <3
Mar 23, 2023
here is a picture of my kitty :)
Screenshot 20230323 230822
please dont leave our world. kali loves you, and there are people who will love you too. your life is so precious, please don't take it. there is so much love out there, let me help you find it.

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
here is a picture of my kitty :)
View attachment 106647
please dont leave our world. kali loves you, and there are people who will love you too. your life is so precious, please don't take it. there is so much love out there, let me help you find it.
Your baby is lovely. She/He looks like a Tuxie.
I know you mean well, but this is not the place for platitudes. Members have made our decisions. Your brand-new account will be banned. I'm reporting you.
It's insulting to us, who are grieving the end of our lives. We've been through therapy, multiple medications, shock therapy. The whole gamut. I suspect you made a sock account. I just want to tell you, friendo, this is not a forum you should visit. Maybe go to work at Suicide Hotline.
Jesus Fuck! What is the deal with all these pro-lifers swooping in to this forum? I have had it up to here with this shit. I'm not being nice to them, anymore. I'm straight-up telling them how the cows eat the cabbage and to fuck right on off! I just told this asshole to fuck off, and I reported the account. He's no longer a member, so, "Thanks Mods!"
Sorry, I'm staying up too long. Y'all can go back and look at the pic of KaliKat. She's a wonderful Calico, who lived in our backyard, for eight years. She's a semi-feral, but is bonded to me.
I forced her inside, in July (It was very hot in Fort Worth, last summer). I went out back to mow the lawn, and I saw her hiding her face, beneath the shovel. I said, "That's it, baby. You're an indoor kitty, now." And she trained herself to a litter box in two days! I am so proud of her!

Last edited:
S

Smika1d

Feb 4, 2023
I'm diving in. I sold my late husband's electric guitars to a reputable music store. Got a very fair deal, way more than enough to purchase SN. I feel strangely calm. I'm going to go for expedited shipping, so should have it in about three days. I'll keep y'all updated, if you're interested. I just want to thank this community for the support I feel here. Even though I don't post much and am new to this forum, reading your stories and seeing the kindness given to others has given me courage and reassurance.
I have a question, but I'm pretty sure it can only be answered in texts. I'm too new to have the ability to message first. Would you be willing to answer a question for me?
My order from IC is being processed, thank Jebus! They're keeping me updated and their customer service is very good. I had to transfer money into my PayPal account for the purchase, so be aware of that. It's a little pricey, but you don't have to jump through hoops to buy it, like lab-grade stuff. I'm calmer than I've been in months, though I may be overfeeding my cat. She loves her new food, I just can't help myself!
Wanted to say, again, how much this community has helped me. You are all great (except for that one guy).
Hey, I have a question about procurement, but you can only chat or whatever after so much engagement. I was hoping it'd be different if someone messaged you first. Anyway I have a question if you have the time and would be willing to share.

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I have a question, but I'm pretty sure it can only be answered in texts. I'm too new to have the ability to message first. Would you be willing to answer a question for me?

Hey, I have a question about procurement, but you can only chat or whatever after so much engagement. I was hoping it'd be different if someone messaged you first. Anyway I have a question if you have the time and would be willing to share.
I can't share on the forum. Post a few more times and you can PM. It's against forum rules to post sources. I'm sorry, but we have to keep this community safe. I can't PM you without more activity. Not being a meanie, but this community has been vilified in the media, and I want to keep my sisters and brothers safe.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
S

Smika1d

Feb 4, 2023
No worries. I know you can't post on the forum. I just thought you may be able to message me even if I didn't have the message feature yet. I'm currently trying to reach the number of interactions needed to have the ability.

Foxes

Foxes

⭐️
Jun 30, 2020
Your baby is lovely. She/He looks like a Tuxie.
I know you mean well, but this is not the place for platitudes. Members have made our decisions. Your brand-new account will be banned. I'm reporting you.
It's insulting to us, who are grieving the end of our lives. We've been through therapy, multiple medications, shock therapy. The whole gamut. I suspect you made a sock account. I just want to tell you, friendo, this is not a forum you should visit. Maybe go to work at Suicide Hotline.
Jesus Fuck! What is the deal with all these pro-lifers swooping in to this forum? I have had it up to here with this shit. I'm not being nice to them, anymore. I'm straight-up telling them how the cows eat the cabbage and to fuck right on off! I just told this asshole to fuck off, and I reported the account. He's no longer a member, so, "Thanks Mods!"
Sorry, I'm staying up too long. Y'all can go back and look at the pic of KaliKat. She's a wonderful Calico, who lived in our backyard, for eight years. She's a semi-feral, but is bonded to me.
I forced her inside, in July (It was very hot in Fort Worth, last summer). I went out back to mow the lawn, and I saw her hiding her face, beneath the shovel. I said, "That's it, baby. You're an indoor kitty, now." And she trained herself to a litter box in two days! I am so proud of her!
Your replies to and about the pro-lifers are cracking me up. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I lost my mother to cervical cancer about 7 years ago and have been trying to make sense of a world without her, but have always come up short. Your posts are actually fueling me with a bit more courage to pull the trigger and get this over and done with. I've had too many people try to talk me out of it for way too long. I've also tried a bunch of different things to feel better but always return to the same familiar place and I'm tired of it.

Do you mind PMing me your source for SN?

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
No worries. I know you can't post on the forum. I just thought you may be able to message me even if I didn't have the message feature yet. I'm currently trying to reach the number of interactions needed to have the ability.
Can't do it. Just post and react a bit more. It shouldn't take long. You can probably do it within a few hours. There's not a magic number of posts, just stay active, smoke a bowl and go for it!:sunglasses:

imlookingforward

imlookingforward

why so blue?
Mar 8, 2023
your kitty is beautiful. sorry for what brought you here. i've been considering buying SN from IC too. when you get it, do you mind sharing about what the packaging looks like? i'd like to know if it looks discrete and such. if you cant its ok. thank you <3

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
your kitty is beautiful. sorry for what brought you here. i've been considering buying SN from IC too. when you get it, do you mind sharing about what the packaging looks like? i'd like to know if it looks discrete and such. if you cant its ok. thank you <3
Thank you. Kristen was The Queen of Everything!

One day, my daughter and her boyfriend came over for dinner, bringing their very sweet, but very jumpy, Australian Shepherd into our home. Dog's name was Athena.

Kristen was resting on a tall stool in the kitchen, watching me cook, enjoying the smells. Athena put her huge, floppy paws on Kristen's perch, and Kristen slapped the shit out of her nose! Then went right back to watching me cook, while Athena whimpered and went into the parlor.

That dog (a real sweetheart, don't get me wrong!) outweighed this tiny cat, by about 100 pounds. My late husband told my daughter and the boyfriend, "We told you to leave Athena at home. Kristen doesn't mess around!" We all had a good laugh about it. :))

Foxes

Foxes

⭐️
Jun 30, 2020
Have you got a checklist of all the things you're going to get rid of or take care of before you go, such as online accounts and material belongings, etc.? I'd love to hear about it. I know that you already got rid of the guitars.

Do you have a planned date for departure?

Reactions: nonialabaster
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Have you got a checklist of all the things you're going to get rid of or take care of before you go, such as online accounts and material belongings, etc.? I'd love to hear about it. I know that you already got rid of the guitars.

The day it gets here, I'll start my fast. I'm a little frustrated that it's going to take longer than I anticipated, but you can never tell, with shipping dates. I hardly eat anymore, so that shouldn't be a problem, and I don't weigh very much, hovering between 105 and 110, depending on fluid retention. I just don't have an appetite, and I've got a freezer full of food, a stocked pantry and great cookware. I just don't have the heart to cook, anymore, since Mark died. I've been drinking a lot of cheap wine. Funny thing is, I can't get drunk! Everything about this process is hard.

I'm just hoping my landlord won't enter my house, to collect late rent, before it arrives. He's not that kind of guy, and I've lived here for ten years.

I've got some of Mark's beta-blockers and some Zofran. Unfortunately, no benzos; these are hard to get, in Texas, for some reason.

I'm mostly worried about my KaliKat. She's so bonded to me, as I was the hooman who spent years socializing her. I'm planning to send a delayed text to my friend, Diane, to be sent two days after I do the deed. I'll leave my housekey in my mailbox, with a sign on one of my bedroom doors that will say "Dead body inside. Call the police." I will have closed both bedroom doors, filled Kali's feeder and water, leaving the curtains in the rest of the house open for her. I'll also tape on my bedroom door my contact information, along with my driver license. I do not plan on leaving a note.
I'd be happy to discuss more with you. Thank you for your kindness, and, I'm going to assume it's not just morbid curiosity. :wink:

I love the "departure." You sound like a flight attendant! "Our departure will begin after you all buckle your seat-belts." :pfff:
Pretty much what this ride is all about, if you think about it. "Fasten your seat-belts. It's going to be a bumpy ride" to misquote the late, great Bette Davis.
Turnt Up GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Last edited:
Foxes

Foxes

⭐️
Jun 30, 2020
It takes a Herculean effort for me to want to cook or eat when I'm feeling low, so I get it. At least your body will be used to the lack of food and fasting beforehand will be a non-issue and a total breeze.

I'm hoping that Zofran will be good enough as the AE, it was from my mother's cancer stash and all that I've got. Are you using Propanolol?

I'd be happy to discuss more with you. Thank you for your kindness, and, I'm going to assume it's not just morbid curiosity. :wink:
Haha. Yeah, I'm trying to make sure I tie up all loose ends before I split. I've been combing through previous posts made by other members regarding checklists and hoping I don't miss anything important! You've added some great ideas for me.

I have two dogs of my own that I'm worried about. I always said that I'd wait until they were gone first before I did anything, but the pain I'm in is beginning to exceed everything else. Here's hoping that Kali finds herself in a safe home environment with another soul as incredible as yours. 🩷

Last edited:
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
My IC order is shipped! Hooray! But, estimated delivery is April 4. I cheaped out, because I had to pay my water and gas bills, and get some litter and food for KaliKat. And put some money back for my final meal. Here's a picture of little Kali: Apologies for the poor formatting. I'm a Gen Xer. Didn't grow up with computers.
AMWts8CsTKQljHWDjQ76j6qxHkcFf2aWO-3700uJy5ZL6uaPUiB2XCj0R-hcdcZK0JypoA31dNz4vNMIXsxwlegXrOUxATC2CaGp3LAW8DStCMyqNLxLNfbo2LtJ0WXWjy2QBEWcPihnLBBYNScSG5IEFZLkkJzUhMZxD27jZ5BnVolBBiApwo9slMyPUNcNtKctqaLs83oZRXUeThynG_aMs2PxNSWJNO2aYurHnyznDLgbNvPnerBaGkz0tEtXpm9Sy_y9eocbp_h4imKLFjTUXcvb1i2-vl7FX61KXDljQw3Go5n1csd3_8iQI3pTjBENyCwszzlBj1Wd7h9yNHCCa1b0HXfrTMvPmbBS51qLGblKDVceS8VX8i3jOVsDq-__nUvBvD9i1vCt14Fy4rZTeMRvw8am2ZJhZ28eArbNTYuUK0YW_nz5ydNXj5Kf-kP4TQHxCADeQyrAE04DDdMoj0jb08gA5AWh1YCbVOdW2VdTTrHkPVW0jsc2ixrMrJjBzJkan7TcgDCi3LDwzzrpEUmAntCWOeCv-J3vM_6B2W3fB7Bk3Twt4V4o-5awM77sF2tS68YXsLxtPADB24NBoSLOmqDv0WFSqtuGkZ1xxDZUcYtuiTEXj8C1a-epIgExIQSswogOJz2Uj51g0KX9kcCBt6Y5bSe08ZZDAleRCdelrahJh_NX7_6CNsl5u1d1iGwr_J-LfPgcLsDeOJDP_DD2mQVTkX7NXiY2S8D8Hbfh3bQk8q2g4h9owZfWNBxSLlebPxMqn2_Ty7F24qns5jW2LLFT6IgY1rVSaQ6bZAp6hl4nOnvueu_C3Qwbz4VEzMw6KzvM2WmoT9U2j6fu2_To3Dpac1fOM0yLqoQG9su7Ha5tYI41Ab4bRS6aUy_kaYIMBSiQfiv5CbBpA9RSjNZGkew2QZig0LhNoJsnK9x_-D5ClxzgQaML671FhTwcKKvckOvKfHfSe3fzS41KYGBc6HQ1JQ=w429-h954-s-no
Awww, I love the photo of Kali! She's very cute. I don't know if you remember me from my other thread, where I put a photo of my cat as well. If I may ask, and it's not too personal, do you have things in place for Kali after you're gone?

Either way, I hope you have a peaceful transition, you seem like a very kind woman who's been given a rough hand, and I wish only the best for you.

• Hugs
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
It takes a Herculean effort for me to want to cook or eat when I'm feeling low, so I get it. At least your body will be used to the lack of food and fasting beforehand will be a non-issue and a total breeze.

I'm hoping that Zofran will be good enough as the AE, it was from my mother's cancer stash and all that I've got. Are you using Propanolol?

Haha. Yeah, I'm trying to make sure I tie up all loose ends before I split. I've been combing through previous posts made by other members regarding checklists and hoping I don't miss anything important! You've added some great ideas for me.

I have two dogs of my own that I'm worried about. I always said that I'd wait until they were gone first before I did anything, but the pain I'm in is beginning to exceed everything else. Here's hoping that Kali finds herself in a safe home environment with another soul as incredible as yours. 🩷
I'm in my bed now, and this kitty won't stop putting her front paws on my cheeks! I love her, dearly, but, sometimes it's just, "Give it a rest, babydoll!" :)
Awww, I love the photo of Kali! She's very cute. I don't know if you remember me from my other thread, where I put a photo of my cat as well. If I may ask, and it's not too personal, do you have things in place for Kali after you're gone?

Either way, I hope you have a peaceful transition, you seem like a very kind woman who's been given a rough hand, and I wish only the best for you.
Thank you for that. I'm hoping that my friend can find her a home. I'm afraid, since she's technically a semi-feral, she might not be adoptable. At least through the Humane Society.
She is incredibly sweet and affectionate, but the only humans she has known are my late husband and me.
Mark used to call me, in a silly voice, "Nice Lady," the name he thought Kali had for me.
When she allowed him to pet her, I started calling him "Mister Nice Lady." It's a sweet and funny memory.

Last edited:
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I'm in my bed now, and this kitty won't stop putting her front paws on my cheeks! I love her, dearly, but, sometimes it's just, "Give it a rest, babydoll!" :)

Thank you for that. I'm hoping that my friend can find her a home. I'm afraid, since she's technically a semi-feral, she might not be adoptable. At least through the Humane Society.
She is incredibly sweet and affectionate, but the only humans she has known are my late husband and me.
Mark used to call me, in a silly voice, "Nice Lady," the name he thought Kali had for me.
When she allowed him to pet her, I started calling him "Mister Nice Lady." It's a sweet and funny memory.
That's very sweet. I'm sure she'll find a good, loving home. The cat I have now was owned by an old lady for all of her life and I adopted her after her owner had to get surgeries and could no longer care for her so I imagine something can be done for Kali, and she can find a sweet, loving home!

• Love
LateForTheBus

LateForTheBus

Experienced
Feb 7, 2023
@nonialabaster I just have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your thread. You are one witty woman! I'm so sorry that life has brought you to this point, but I sincerely hope that when your bus comes, the ride will be smooth, and you will be reunited with your beloved Mark and kitty Kristen. :heart:

• Love
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
@nonialabaster I just have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your thread. You are one witty woman! I'm so sorry that life has brought you to this point, but I sincerely hope that when your bus comes, the ride will be smooth, and you will be reunited with your beloved Mark and kitty Kristen. :heart:
You are so kind. I hope to see them again; the fact that Mark saw Kristen twice in his last days gives me that hope. That was before he was in hospice and on the "heavy hitters," liquid Morphine and Methadone, so it wasn't an opiate-induced hallucination. When he was discharged form his 6-day stay in the heart-wing, where we received his devastating cancer diagnosis, those cruel doctors sent him home with a script for 10 of the lowest-dose hydrocodones, knowing they weren't even touching his pain.

They made sure to load him up with beta-blockers and meds for high blood pressure, as if that was a concern of ours. I'm convinced they were salty because he opted for hospice and palliative care. Because he was only 50, they expected him to be thrilled with the prospect of a 10-day cycle of Whole Brain Radiation, followed by chemotherapy for the kidney, adrenal and lung cancer. All for a prognosis of 2-6 months, if he was lucky. As you can see, I'm still furious with them.

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
That's very sweet. I'm sure she'll find a good, loving home. The cat I have now was owned by an old lady for all of her life and I adopted her after her owner had to get surgeries and could no longer care for her so I imagine something can be done for Kali, and she can find a sweet, loving home!
My friend Diane is an old hippie who does hair for a living. I'm planning on her being the first name in my contacts list, that will be taped to my bedroom door. She has a lot of older clients who love kitties, so I'm hoping she'll find someone for Kali.

She is an absolute angel, if a little shy. She likes to sleep with her paws on my cheeks. That can sometimes be a problem, as she is an active dreamer. I'm still recovering from a scratch on the bridge of my nose she gave me a couple of weeks ago! But, I don't mind.

Our sweet Kristen, my avatar, was a four-year-old Khao Manee when we adopted her. We had her genetically tested, just because we loved Thai cats and Khao Manees were a rare breed in the US, at that time. Kristen was an "owner-surrendered" cat at our Humane Society, and Mark and I decided that she had been owned by an elderly Thai woman who had died. She was certainly never a stray and loved human companionship. She was the best hostess, always with her tail held high, running to the door when she heard our friends coming over! I miss her. She was 13 when she passed, in our bed, peacefully, from breast cancer, with the help of a very caring vet who exclusively came to homes to perform this service.

Sorry to be sentimental. I guess my psyche is preparing me for my end. I'm normally a fairly stoic person.

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Sorry that I keep coming back here, replying to my own thread. I'm just lonesome. Every time I catch a nap, I dream of Mark. Now, I know, most people don't want to hear a person's dreams. I get that. However. Hear me out, if you please.

I always dream that he's still here, and that I can call his phone. That I've been visiting my Mom (who died in 2009), but, somehow I can't remember his phone number. So, I never reach him. Then I lash out at my Dad and daughter (both still alive), yelling, "How dare you tell me how to grieve!" My daughter will say, to my dad, "She's had almost a year." That is a recurrent dream.

The other one is Mark coming home from work, sometimes after 11pm. I used to go to bed early and wait until I heard his key in the door. He'd go to feed Kristen a late supper (He was a sucker for that baby) and then come in to the bedroom and stroke my hair. This was a thing that really happened, four nights a week. But, now, I hear keys in the door, in my sleep, hear the car door shut, and I bolt awake. Open my bedroom curtains to see the car there. No Mark. I miss him so much.

I guess, as I said earlier, that my psyche is trying to help me with my decision. I'll be here, as long as I can, until my SN arrives. Thank you all. I'm not out quite yet.

NobodyEverywhere

NobodyEverywhere

Mar 24, 2023
Sorry that I keep coming back here, replying to my own thread. I'm just lonesome. Every time I catch a nap, I dream of Mark. Now, I know, most people don't want to hear a person's dreams. I get that. However. Hear me out, if you please.

I always dream that he's still here, and that I can call his phone. That I've been visiting my Mom (who died in 2009), but, somehow I can't remember his phone number. So, I never reach him. Then I lash out at my Dad and daughter (both still alive), yelling, "How dare you tell me how to grieve!" My daughter will say, to my dad, "She's had almost a year." That is a recurrent dream.

The other one is Mark coming home from work, sometimes after 11pm. I used to go to bed early and wait until I heard his key in the door. He'd go to feed Kristen a late supper (He was a sucker for that baby) and then come in to the bedroom and stroke my hair. This was a thing that really happened, four nights a week. But, now, I hear keys in the door, in my sleep, hear the car door shut, and I bolt awake. Open my bedroom curtains to see the car there. No Mark. I miss him so much.

I guess, as I said earlier, that my psyche is trying to help me with my decision. I'll be here, as long as I can, until my SN arrives. Thank you all. I'm not out quite yet.
I hope you have the best passage you can. I haven't quite gotten my SN yet, as I'm finishing a few games I wanted to finish, finishing a few tv shows, and watching a few movies. Just finished wolf of wall street, that was a pretty good movie. Hope you come to enjoy your last few moments knowing you will experience peace and be with your husband. Good luck.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
My friend Diane is an old hippie who does hair for a living. I'm planning on her being the first name in my contacts list, that will be taped to my bedroom door. She has a lot of older clients who love kitties, so I'm hoping she'll find someone for Kali.

She is an absolute angel, if a little shy. She likes to sleep with her paws on my cheeks. That can sometimes be a problem, as she is an active dreamer. I'm still recovering from a scratch on the bridge of my nose she gave me a couple of weeks ago! But, I don't mind.

Our sweet Kristen, my avatar, was a four-year-old Khao Manee when we adopted her. We had her genetically tested, just because we loved Thai cats and Khao Manees were a rare breed in the US, at that time. Kristen was an "owner-surrendered" cat at our Humane Society, and Mark and I decided that she had been owned by an elderly Thai woman who had died. She was certainly never a stray and loved human companionship. She was the best hostess, always with her tail held high, running to the door when she heard our friends coming over! I miss her. She was 13 when she passed, in our bed, peacefully, from breast cancer, with the help of a very caring vet who exclusively came to homes to perform this service.

Sorry to be sentimental. I guess my psyche is preparing me for my end. I'm normally a fairly stoic person.

Aww that's such a sweet story to hear. I think your friend should be able to find her a good home, she looks like a sweet, and unique cat so I'm sure someone will want her! I don't know too much about cat breeds. My cat, "S'more" is my first ever cat and I love her so much! She's a domestic shorthair, but I don't know much beyond that. She's almost 2 years old and I got her from Petsmart on my exes birthday as a gift for her (she couldn't take her when we broke up so I kept her and I'm happy I did).

Also please, don't apologize for feeling sentimental and reflecting. Even if you're normally stoic, it's fine to show some emotion, it won't make anyone think any differently of you.

Also, it's fine to reply here, that's what this place is for, you can vent all you'd like here, it's your thread and nobody will get mad.

Also, I believe dreams can be otherworldly, as dumb as I may sound there. I had a few recurring dreams that never had an ending, I haven't had it in forever but I used to and I vividly remember these dreams.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with the loss of your husband. You seem to be a very strong woman though, and I think Mark is up in Heaven, hopefully playing with Kristen.

You're very welcome. I hope you're with us for a bit, but I understand your goal here, and it's not my job to talk you out of it. You want to be reunited with your husband, and I understand that. Either way, I hope you're doing okay and I hope you get a good nights rest, hopefully with minimal Kali scratches 😂

• Yay!
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Aww that's such a sweet story to hear. I think your friend should be able to find her a good home, she looks like a sweet, and unique cat so I'm sure someone will want her! I don't know too much about cat breeds. My cat, "S'more" is my first ever cat and I love her so much! She's a domestic shorthair, but I don't know much beyond that. She's almost 2 years old and I got her from Petsmart on my exes birthday as a gift for her (she couldn't take her when we broke up so I kept her and I'm happy I did).

Also please, don't apologize for feeling sentimental and reflecting. Even if you're normally stoic, it's fine to show some emotion, it won't make anyone think any differently of you.

Also, it's fine to reply here, that's what this place is for, you can vent all you'd like here, it's your thread and nobody will get mad.

Also, I believe dreams can be otherworldly, as dumb as I may sound there. I had a few recurring dreams that never had an ending, I haven't had it in forever but I used to and I vividly remember these dreams.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with the loss of your husband. You seem to be a very strong woman though, and I think Mark is up in Heaven, hopefully playing with Kristen.

You're very welcome. I hope you're with us for a bit, but I understand your goal here, and it's not my job to talk you out of it. You want to be reunited with your husband, and I understand that. Either way, I hope you're doing okay and I hope you get a good nights rest, hopefully with minimal Kali scratches 😂

That'll be a thing, because as soon as Kali sees I've settled in my bed, she comes rushing in, pushing her butt into my face, then moving around, making all the biscuits. She eventually settles down, after she's head-butted me and flopped beside me. She is such a sweet baby. The only entity I will miss, when I go. And she goes back into the parlor, after I'm asleep. I think she knows that something is up. Cats feel our energy.

I've considered putting one of those ski-masks on, but it just too damn hot in Texas! And it's only late March! :))

• Yay!
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
That'll be a thing, because as soon as Kali sees I've settled in my bed, she comes rushing in, pushing her butt into my face, then moving around, making all the biscuits. She eventually settles down, after she's head-butted me and flopped beside me. She is such a sweet baby. The only entity I will miss, when I go. And she goes back into the parlor, after I'm asleep. I think she knows that something is up. Cats feel our energy.

I've considered putting one of those ski-masks on, but it just too damn hot in Texas! And it's only late March! :))
Oooh I don't like it when my cat makes biscuits on my chest lol. And at least you know Kali loves you, it's just a dangerous love full of pain haha. And I agree, I think pets know more than we generally think they know.

And yeah, it's too hot where I am too, and our AC crapped the bed last summer so we got portable ones but they're not nearly as good, especially when we forget to turn them on half the time *facepalm*

B

Blahblahbloop

Nov 30, 2021

I'm known as a cat whisperer and I fully believe that cats not only feel our energy but reciprocate it. Patience, kindness and love are generated back from our sweet, sweet babies. My Ernest (a 5 year old former feral toothless black tuxedo tom) is laying on my shoulder right now asleep. Lost his teeth because he was chewing on metal fences. I coaxed him into my office one day because he looked hurt and he's codependent with me ever since. The one being I feel guilty subjecting to my eventual death.

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I'm known as a cat whisperer and I fully believe that cats not only feel our energy but reciprocate it. Patience, kindness and love are generated back from our sweet, sweet babies. My Ernest (a 5 year old former feral toothless black tuxedo tom) is laying on my shoulder right now asleep. Lost his teeth because he was chewing on metal fences. I coaxed him into my office one day because he looked hurt and he's codependent with me ever since. The one being I feel guilty subjecting to my eventual death.
Same. I'm also a cat whisperer. I like that term. My husband was one, too. Mark and I would visit friends' houses for gatherings or dinners, and the cats would be hiding from the noise. Mark and I always sought them out and, without fail, the kitties would come to us for strokes and pets. Not to brag or anything, just some people are more in tune with cat energy than others. Even dogs do that with me, and I'm a little afraid of dogs, having been attacked by a Samoyed when I was 13. Forty years ago, and I still have a bit of fear. It doesn't stop them from running up to me, though.

Bless you for taking in Ernest! I'm sure he is bonded to you, because you rescued him and have shown him the love that was missing from his life. You sound like a wonderful cat-parent.

I understand your guilt in leaving him behind. I worry about Kali and considered trying to surrender her to the Humane Society. The thought of forcing her into a carrier and putting her in my car (she's not been a car since I've known her, about nine years now), then driving the six miles to the shelter, etc. was too much. I'm hoping for the best for her. I'll leave her plenty of food, water and clean litter boxes. Most of the house will be free to her, curtains open so she can look outside. I'll be in my bedroom, both doors closed. I don't want to take a chance she might drink from my backup glass of SN or my vomit bowl. Cats like salt! She should be fine for the couple of days it takes the cops to come in. Hopefully, my friend will come in first and collect her, then call the cops.

tiredangelgirl

tiredangelgirl

i'm sorry i'm trying my best
Aug 1, 2022
the vibes are immaculate

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I'd like to share some music with you, if you would like to hear it. Yes, I'm becoming sentimental. Fight me! :))

This is Townes Van Zandt, a Fort Worth boy, born to a wealthy family. He was a celebrated singer/songwriter who was a a finger-picker and a crooner. His songs were covered by some of the greats.
His voice is magic. He died from DTs, in 1997. He had Bi-Polar disorder and tried to self-medicate with alcohol. It didn't work.

the vibes are immaculate
Didn't realized until I posted that pic that there's a half smoked bowl in there! "Hey cops, I got it from somebody else! It's not mine!"

Last edited:
Reactions: tiredangelgirl
ExistHarm

ExistHarm

endless suffering
Mar 12, 2023
I'd like to share some music with you, if you would like to hear it. Yes, I'm becoming sentimental. Fight me! :))

This is Townes Van Zandt, a Fort Worth boy, born to a wealthy family. He was a celebrated singer/songwriter who was a a finger-picker and a crooner. His songs were covered by some of the greats.
His voice is magic. He died from DTs, in 1997. He had Bi-Polar disorder and tried to self-medicate with alcohol. It didn't work.

Didn't realized until I posted that pic that there's a half smoked bowl in there! "Hey cops, I got it from somebody else! It's not mine!"

thanks for the music. i can feel your sadness, a bit, through it. im not long for this world either

weed is recommended in the PPH for SN method, as an AE and antianxiety. i personally have a bit of xanax, and i dont wanna be high on weed when i catch the bus. if i could give you some on my xanax i would

how old is your daughter? will you feel sad for leaving her?