possiblegoodbyes

possiblegoodbyes

Feb 17, 2021
Natural burial, I don't wanna be kept in a metal box for eternity. I'd rather my body go to provide nutrients for a forest and it's accompanying wildlife. No gravestone, no embalming, no fuss.
I like the idea of that actually more than traditional burial or cremation. But is that even... "allowed"?
To tell you the truth, I don't give a damn because with my brain dead, I won't be thinking about what's going on in this world anymore.

However, I've already told my family I would like to be cremated.

Yet, my mother is obsessed with Jesus so, I'll probably end up being buried while a priest will be saying what a great soul I was lol.
Have you ever been to a funeral due to suicide? The priest seemed semi uncomfortable which made me uncomfortable because it's like.... ok, he's going through the motions and being nice but deep down he thinks this persons soul is suffering for eternity in the heat... ugh
Because l'm classed as a pauper(No family) and exist in a council flat! When l ctb l probably won't be found for months so l'll be well decomposed and smelly and mostly liquid, so for hygiene reasons l'll be Cremated by the local council (Paupers funeral-Cardboard coffin) and my remains scattered who knows where, that does not bother me, but l am Terrified of the thought of the ashes of my 2 dogs ending up in a landfil site! But l have No-one who will take responsibility for my ashes and those of my dogs and scatter the 3 urn's in a quiet park! I have Regular nightmares about this! :-( l could have my dogs ashes scattered in a memorial garden! But l don't know where my ashes will end up?
Do you have the means to have a will created or something that dictates your wishes?

Last edited:
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'd pick cremation. If I could choose any option I want, I'd prefer to be thrown in the woods so that nature could have its course.

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
The thought of the physical body being left here for others to deal with bothers me. Even though if I'm dead, it won't bother me. BUT IT DOES. Please tell me what you'd want done with your remains after you die, and why!!!???
I don't want one strand of DNA left on this god forsaken shit rock..
even my ashes need to be burned..

Every email,, text, profile , domain names etc will be deleted or auctioned .and every
belonging will be burned or donated before I'm gone as well..

it's the closest thing to erasing any trace I was even here.. even my surviving friends and family need to just forget everything about me

Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
I like the idea of that actually more than traditional burial or cremation. But is that even... "allowed"?

In the UK its definitely allowed, there's many burial sites specifically for natural burials. The graves are dug by hand and only environmentally friendly materials are used

It's less common in the US but still exists and legal. Some "traditional" grounds will even set aside some plots for more natural burials.

Other countries I don't know but I imagine natural burial grounds can be found. Usually you can just Google and see if there's any in your area. I love the idea personally.

M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
Ideally a natural burial but will go with cremation, it's cheaper, the funeral place is smaller so hopefully less people attend.

I used to hate the idea that I would be turned to useless ashes. But I watched a Ask a Mortician video the other day where it turns out your ashes are something nutritious that animals can eat, some guy ran a business where he put the ashes into animal feeders.

I like the idea of my smoke escaping into the atmosphere and I want my ashes to be put in the ocean so they can travel on the waves all around the world. Obviously wont be there to see it but the idea brings me comfort.

S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
I wish I could be turned to ashes and planted as tree. With everything going on funeral homes are overworked and overwhelmed. A traditional burial is expensive too. Don't want my dad to waste his retirement funds on me. Even if I put this in a note they wouldn't listen since my mom is a hardcore nonbeliever in cremation.