• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Arbie

Jul 20, 2019
www.lostallhope.com
They have a chart that kind of helps you "see" every method in one chunk...found it helpful to process ideas.

Most lethal methods of suicide
For information on the most lethal methods of suicide, a good starting point is the statistics on the number of successful suicides by method (see Suicide statistics). There is also a much published study from 19951, where 291 lay persons and 10 forensic pathologists rated the lethality, time, and agony for 28 methods of suicide for 4,117 cases of completed suicide in Los Angeles County in the period 1988-1991.
They were asked to rate each method as follows:
  • Lethality: How likely is the method to cause death (where 0% is no chance, and 100% is absolute certainty)
  • Time: An opinion on the length of time the method will require to produce death
  • Agony: The amount of pain and discomfort you would expect from the use of the particular method (ranked on scale of 0 to 100 where 0 is no pain/discomfort and 100 is the most pain/discomfort possible)
The outcome of the study is presented below, ranked by order of lethality from just the pathologists who participated in the study (the lay persons tended to drastically overestimate the lethality of methods).
Anyone reading this table to identify a suitable method of suicide is advised to read carefully the information on the dangers of the suicide methods mentioned on this site, and visit the section Help me, because statistically you are much more likely to hurt yourself by attempting suicide than to succeed killing yourself (see Suicide statistics for more information).

Reactions: DreamCatcher
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
The information in there is outdated, there have been more methods that people came up with, other than those listed there.

Reactions: TenHas and LifeIsACurse
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
The information might be older and not have current methods, but it's certainly still useful from a research standpoint, and most of it still applies just fine today.

Reactions: Arbie
A

Arbie

Jul 20, 2019
The information might be older and not have current methods, but it's certainly still useful from a research standpoint, and most of it still applies just fine today.
Thanks DreamCatcher, after reading all through the threads I noticed a lot of questions about those specific topics. Though it might be outdated, it's pretty comprehensive and I don't think much has changed on the main methods...that is what I was trying to share.

Reactions: DreamCatcher