• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
Today I picked up a handgun. I already had a 12 guage shotgun but don't want to completely blow my head off. Bud Dwyer used this caliber I believe and left most of his head intact. Now to write some notes and overcome the survival instinct. Thanks to tiredhorse and threads for the good info on firearms.

Reactions: sif, quantumdynamics, I am ___________ and 23 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Excellent and I hope you are able to overcome your survival instinct as well as find peace. Since you are using a .357 round, I would make sure that you don't flinch while you pull the trigger, and that you get the angle just right (or very very close with no more than 1-2 degrees apart). Finally, in order to make sure that you succeed, I would do so in a quiet place and maybe even barricade the door, windows just so you will have more time and less chance of being rescued.

Reactions: sif, Suicide47, Deafsn0w and 9 others
Stillnotsure

Stillnotsure

Experienced
Dec 18, 2018
Good luck. If you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
That's great! I think in my state you have to have a permit to carry to get a handgun

Reactions: sif, Suicide47, Deafsn0w and 8 others
K

Kellogg's

Oct 9, 2018
I'm jelly (of the 12ga). Good luck

Reactions: sif, MAC10, Deafsn0w and 9 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
12 gauge is more certain. Wear a helmet. Do it in the tub to control the mess.

Either way, be sure to view some brain anatomy so you can angle towards brainstem.

Reactions: sif, 2 be or not, Deafsn0w and 10 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
12 gauge is more certain. Wear a helmet. Do it in the tub to control the mess.

Either way, be sure to view some brain anatomy so you can angle towards brainstem.

Wear a helmet? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

The Anatomy Book—Grays anatomy. We need a copy in the resource section.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Excellent and I hope you are able to overcome your survival instinct as well as find peace. Since you are using a .357 round, I would make sure that you don't flinch while you pull the trigger, and that you get the angle just right (or very very close with no more than 1-2 degrees apart). Finally, in order to make sure that you succeed, I would do so in a quiet place and maybe even barricade the door, windows just so you will have more time and less chance of being rescued.

Good advice.

Also wouldn't it make sense to do it in the bathtub, filled with water? This isn't my method but I considered it but was dismayed at survival reports with horrific injury.

Seems a full bathtub would mitigate the mess and potential survival.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Helmet not to stop bullets, but to keep gore from making too much of a mess. Aim through mouth towards brainstem. The slugs/bullets will do more than enough damage.

Reactions: sif, Brat33, Deafsn0w and 12 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Helmet not to stop bullets, but to keep gore from making too much of a mess. Aim through mouth towards brainstem. The slugs/bullets will do more than enough damage.

Ok. Good advice!

I am an idiot

Reactions: sif, Suicide47, Deafsn0w and 5 others
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
Thoughts on aiming behind the ear?

Reactions: sif, Suicide47, Deafsn0w and 6 others
SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Damn, I am so jealous! I can't purchase a firearm where I live bc of recent hospitalizations. Good luck & godspeed!

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
https://www.scienceabc.com/humans/gunshot-to-the-head-does-this-mean-instant-death.html

Hope I did the link right. Check out the article answers a few questions and such.

One of the reasons I hold to it is not the kind of firearm you use so much but the kind of ammo (look up hollow points and other fun ones) and placement of the shot (base of brain).
This is a good resource. You should add it to the Firearms MegaThread.
That's my first choice: behind the ear and directly side to side. There's a good diagram over in the Firearms MegaThread showing where the brainstem is relative to the ear.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Today I picked up a handgun. I already had a 12 guage shotgun but don't want to completely blow my head off. Bud Dwyer used this caliber I believe and left most of his head intact. Now to write some notes and overcome the survival instinct. Thanks to tiredhorse and threads for the good info on firearms.
Wish you all the success in the world, may have never talked to you; but i hope you find the peace you're looking for ❤

siray

siray

the crucified
Dec 28, 2018
If I were you, I would look sideways in the mirror while holding the gun in my mouth, and try to figure out where the brainstem is located judging by the image posted in this thread : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/guns-firearms-megathread.9042/.
Also, I advise to you to use the shotgun as it's tricky to get the angle right with a handgun.

Reactions: sif, 2 be or not, Deafsn0w and 5 others
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
That's my plan if/when I get a gun. Found a used one that was reasonably priced for my budget (under 300) and it is a .38.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Is this true? In the USA you can buy guns in WalMart?

Reactions: Suicide47, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
D

Dwellinglifeless

Nov 28, 2018
What country do you think would be the easiest to obtain one in? Does not have to be legal obviously. Trying to figure out where I need to be in order to obtain one easy and cheap as This is to be my most proffered method

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles and 1 other person
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Is this true? In the USA you can buy guns in WalMart?
It is easy to get a gun if you have the money and can pass a simple background check here in America, depending on the state you live in.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
LayZ

LayZ

BrainF4ck
Dec 30, 2018
di-WQEZEY.jpeg

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
Stillnotsure

Stillnotsure

Experienced
Dec 18, 2018

While a fun idea, it doesn't work this way. Bullet and high velocity spray will not be deterred by a helmet. Sorry.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
While a fun idea, it doesn't work this way. Bullet and high velocity spray will not be deterred by a helmet. Sorry.
Depends on the bullet, depends on the helmet.

Expanding rounds, small caliber or shot will not penetrate as far. Steel or Kevlar helmet

Stillnotsure

Stillnotsure

Experienced
Dec 18, 2018
Depends on the bullet, depends on the helmet.

Expanding rounds, small caliber or shot will not penetrate as far. Steel or Kevlar helmet
I've seen a lot my friend, the only way to limit the mess you make with a gunshot to the head is to do it outside where they can use a hose to wash it all away.

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
I've seen a lot my friend, the only way to limit the mess you make with a gunshot to the head is to do it outside where they can use a hose to wash it all away.
That's my plan, to do this in the woods

Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
suicide by gunshot statistical most succesgul methode despite the bloody mess.

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
It won't do much to control mess from blood, but can limit mess from brain and skull, if that matters. Personally, there's something intriguing about gunshot to the head while wearing a helmet. Hmmm.

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
So then to get the brainstem - gun in mouth pointed slightly upward, correct, yes.

Behind the ear is too easy to flinch i think. Same with under the chin. Mouth is best.

Yes, Mr. Dwyer used a .357 magnum. As i recall it looked like a 6 inch barrel revolver. I too, though, would vote for the shotgun. Shotgun in mouth loaded with 00 buckshot, hard to see how it would fail. Yes, the wilderness would be best. Then your discarded body, the temporary house of you, would feed the animals.

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, Deafsn0w and 5 others