It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You Know I Couldn't Last
Mar 1, 2020
I reached my ctb date on Nov 13th 2020. Had everything possible prepared and planned for:
Suicide note - ready.
Hotel - booked.
Date - carefully picked to be several weeks after the nearest family birthday, and still several weeks before Christmas (so as not to ruin either eternally).
Research - done thoroughly.
Purchases - SN and every drug I could want to help facilitate it and make death more peaceful.
Water/Food fast - done.
Room - tidied.
PC - backed up and wiped.
etc. etc. etc.

But I didn't do it., I just sat in the hotel room for the night. So I figured over the next few days, that if I didn't kill myself when I had the perfect opportunity, then I can't keep acting like I'm gonna kms anytime soon. And if I'm not gonna ctb, I can't keep living like this, so I literally have no choice therefore than to THRIVE - somehow. Simply being alive (but not living) is unbearable, and if I'm not going to ctb, then the only other option is to THRIVE. I didn't kill myself - so there is shit to get done. Get busy. Get shit done. This was the mentality.

But I feel that will and energy leaving me.

In the months since Nov 13 I picked up daily good habits (lifting, breathing exercises, yoga), received a conditional job offer, and moved out for the first time ever into a house with five friends. Stuff one or two years ago that would have seemed like fantasy, and I wouldn't have thought possible. As in I never thought the opportunity would ever present itself for me, nor that I'd be fit to take it.

For some period I thought I might be on a good path. Obviously depression is something I will have to deal with forever, but maybe I can do okay-enough at staying on top of it? It looked like I was doing a largely decent job, for a minute.

But I'm still exactly the same, really. I am still the person I hate,
I am still followed everywhere by depression, and it clings to me. It is always present, and at some times it is about controllable, and manageable, and at many time it is not.

And it drains me. And it stops me from being the person I could be. Life feels like like trying to spark a match under running water. And I really miss my spark, because I don't see it often. And if things were different, I think I know who I would like to be, and who I could be. But the faucet is always on, and the water always running, so my spark is scarcely seen.

And this is how I feel always, this is life to me.
So I can just about force myself to do all of this stuff, and I can make all this effort, and, to the outsider, I can even largely make it look like I'm doing a good job at it. But it's misery, really.

I still feel devastatingly alone. And I must accept this is how I will always feel, because it is a mental state too, not just circumstantial. I am loved by lots of people. And I just moved in with five friends. But they are they, and only I am I - and therefore I still feel utterly alone.
And I feel alone because everything is so hard for me. Even if I like people, and they for some reason like me too - it is always so so hard. It's so rarely easy. I always have to work for it, it never comes easy, anxiety-free, naturally.

Everything is just so so hard, Everything, even the good things, the things I might enjoy, are a momentous task.
Ans that's just very very draining.
It's very very draining, when to even enjoy the easiest, simplest things, is a battle.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen, wolfsoul, LittleBabyNothing and 15 others
N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020
In so many ways I feel the same.

I, too, felt like I needed to just thrive and move forward, and I even succeeded in doing so, much like yourself. I quit drinking, I lost weight, I worked on anxiety and specific issues and found success, I eliminated vices and crutches, I tried old hobbies and attempted to get back into things that used to make me happy. Things are still degrading rapidly.

Everything still feels so horrible, all of my hobbies, everything I used to love, all of it. It's just draining to try so hard and get absolutely no payoff.

This post really resonated with me, and if you get it figured out, let me know.

• Love
Reactions: UselessMF, gtrfvr and It'sNotLookingGood
It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You Know I Couldn't Last
Mar 1, 2020
In so many ways I feel the same.

I, too, felt like I needed to just thrive and move forward, and I even succeeded in doing so, much like yourself. I quit drinking, I lost weight, I worked on anxiety and specific issues and found success, I eliminated vices and crutches, I tried old hobbies and attempted to get back into things that used to make me happy. Things are still degrading rapidly.

Everything still feels so horrible, all of my hobbies, everything I used to love, all of it. It's just draining to try so hard and get absolutely no payoff.

This post really resonated with me, and if you get it figured out, let me know.
Thank you <3

Sending you peace and love <3

Reactions: Natty
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I don't think things ever become easier. The only things that changes is your capacity to endure difficult things. The suffering is not less, you just learn how to carry more of it without breaking.

• Aww..
Reactions: wordsonscreen, Keto and It'sNotLookingGood
TooMuchToBear

TooMuchToBear

Student
Jan 3, 2021
I feel you.

• Love
Reactions: It'sNotLookingGood
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
But I feel that will and energy leaving me.
I feel that too.
Just like you, I've decided that the only option for me, because of not being able to ctb, is live but not "live" as in just "breathe." Live means being a productive and mentally stable human being again!

So, the energy is the problem now. There are days in which I have none and some others in which it comes back and I'm able to have decent days.

Anyway, wish you the best and hope you can feel better soon!

• Love
Reactions: gtrfvr and It'sNotLookingGood
PeacefulStars

PeacefulStars

Like tears in rain
Feb 10, 2021
No way i'm scrolling past a vent post!
I absolutely hear you on how incredibly draining everything is; something good, something bad, or something completely neutral takes every ounce of the last nonexistant fumes of your life source leaving you hoping maybe just maybe you'll have more energy the next day but it never comes. The cycle seems to carry on like a spiral; each and every time wearing you down inch by inch further than you think it could take you. Will the spiral end or will it go on forever?

I hope you feel a steady amount of energy soon though I truly do, it's a nice feeling.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen, It'sNotLookingGood and Last chance
I

imjustanemptyshell

A nobody
Nov 9, 2020
I feel you........

• Love
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
i didn't scroll past. i care about you. even when no one else does. i'm sorry you didn't find peace that night but i hope things get better for u

• Love
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
don't tell me what to do- I wont scroll past. I come here. I read. I reply.

I feel you :( suicide takes a lot of courage and work. It needs a certain mindset the same way committing to life requires that determination and focus. It is okay to be in a limbo too. Be gentle with yourself <3 This is hard.

• Love
It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You Know I Couldn't Last
Mar 1, 2020
thank you for all the love friends <3 I am glad there are people in the world who can relate to me, and I'm glad there are people in the world who I agree with, and understand <3

I absolutely hear you on how incredibly draining everything is; something good, something bad, or something completely neutral takes every ounce of the last nonexistant fumes of your life source leaving you hoping maybe just maybe you'll have more energy the next day but it never comes. The cycle seems to carry on like a spiral; each and every time wearing you down inch by inch further than you think it could take you. Will the spiral end or will it go on forever?
you got it spot on

• Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen and PeacefulStars