• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

strangeloner

strangeloner

Life's an ugly adventure
Sep 5, 2020
I wondered if any of you know some good books about suicide, since a lot of books I find online are just not for me, written by people who never experienced suicidal thoughts firsthand or are just too pro-life instead of
pro-choice. It doesn't have to be exclusively about methods though.
So far I only read:
"On Suicide: A Discourse On Voluntary Death" (Jean Améry)
"The Sorrows of Young Werther" (Goethe)
And I just bought "Five Last Acts" (Docker)

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
have you looked under the resource compilation here? there are some links there.

Reactions: strangeloner
Kawaii_Shoujo215

Kawaii_Shoujo215

Eternal Torment of Thy Flesh-Prison
Jul 27, 2022
Thomas Szasz wrote several books on suicide, like "Suicide Prohibition: The Shame of Medicine" and "Fatal Freedom: The Ethics and Politics of Suicide".
There's also "Undoing Suicidism" by Alexandre Baril, who theorizes a form of oppression experienced by suicidal people.

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i only read fic, so idk if you'll be interested🧸The Catcher in the Rye, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Last Summer in the City. honorable mention, Observatory Mansions. it's my fav book so i always have to rec it, lol.

strangeloner

strangeloner

Life's an ugly adventure
Sep 5, 2020
have you looked under the resource compilation here? there are some links there.
Oh thanks, no I didn't, only read through some other threads.
Thomas Szasz wrote several books on suicide, like "Suicide Prohibition: The Shame of Medicine" and "Fatal Freedom: The Ethics and Politics of Suicide".
There's also "Undoing Suicidism" by Alexandre Baril, who theorizes a form of oppression experienced by suicidal people.
That sounds good, I will definitely check it out. Sounds like it could be similiar to the ones I already read.
i only read fic, so idk if you'll be interested🧸The Catcher in the Rye, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Last Summer in the City. honorable mention, Observatory Mansions. it's my fav book so i always have to rec it, lol.
I wrote them all down, thanks a lot. Completely forgot about The Catcher in the Rye, I think I even have that book somewhere.

Last edited:
IwannaDazai

IwannaDazai

Mar 3, 2024
Can't help but add this (since it's in my name and all) but No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai. I find it strangely comforting and re-read pretty often.

Reactions: gantaigarashi