• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Act Two

Act Two

Happy thoughts in shards, all over the floor.
Jan 29, 2024
I was thinking about birthdays recently, and in my opinion they really suck. On my last birthday, I was already going through a lot and the reminder of having been born in the first place didn't feel great. The day progressively got worse, but I had invited my 3 closest friends over that evening, so I was able to stick it through.
These friends that I've had for my entire life were absolute jerks to me. One of them was flirting with my then-girlfriend the whole time, then they all went off and did their own stuff without me, which was all bad enough on its own, but after a while I just went off and hid somewhere. I could hear them through the vents, and none of them even noticed I was gone until 15 minutes had passed. GF suggested to look for me but it was another 10 minutes before anyone actually started to wonder where I was and came to look for me.
I really just don't like birthdays. I don't know if anyone can relate to this or not, but they just tend to be really depressing for me.

Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
Birthdays (especially mine), Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I fucking hate them all.

Reactions: tabris_075
violetskies

violetskies

always sleepy
Feb 1, 2024
i get it. for some reason i always get semi-excited for my birthday but when the day actually comes i always end up so sad i can barely move. each birthday kinda feels like a reminder that i'm living on borrowed time or something and that i should have ctb years ago.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Don't celebrate it. Just another day.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
it's actually not terribly uncommon to be more depressed/suicidal/numb/uncaring on your birthday or really most "celebratory days"

I get a bit excited every year about two weeks before my birthday, and then progressively more and more actively suicidal leading up to it. last year, I think I just drank alone and avoided my friend like a shitty person and ended up self harming after getting high lol. maybe I'll kill myself on this one, who knows?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It's just a reminder that I've managed to suffer for yet another year in an existence that was always undesirable in the first place. Humans really are too cruel, I'm sorry that others treated you badly, I just don't believe humans can be relied on after all.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Stopped celebrating mine after I got out of the house at 18, so that's 22 years.
I wouldnt apply for time off from work the rest of the year but i'd always apply for, and got approval for, 6 days including the date itself. That way i avoided the happy birthday crap.
After the first couple of years the greetings via email/text etc lessened, for the simple reason that on certain sites I didnt use the correct birthday so the reminders were off.
The only constant problem i had was from a close friend who was into birthdays and celebrations.