Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Angst Filled Fuck Up

Votes: 20 17.4%

• Total voters
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
"What's an easy, painless way to CTB?" This shows up at least once a week from people who just joined. I feel like it should be common sense that no easy, painless way exists. If it did, we'd all be gone already.

This reminds me of the enlightened discussion on the suicidewatch subreddit. I hear mouthwash is anything but peaceful.

• Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, thebelljarrr, ham and potatoes and 3 others
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Idk if this counts as a pet peeve, but the biggest thing getting on my nerves lately is people trying to give medical advice when they have no idea what they're talking about. They always state it as fact & then their source ends up being some game of telephone with other people without medical credentials. Like let's please use some common sense & not pretend to be experts on something that we haven't even Googled for ourselves

Reactions: psp3000, derpyderpins and Praestat_Mori
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I saw this one.

People who think people who doesn't want to die are crazy. People who think whoever wants to reach old age ia insane. Yeah? Sorry I want to make something good of this years, and take care of my body, instead of killing myself over an illness that will PROBABLY never happen.

Just let me age in peace, dammit.
It wouldn't be so bad if they internalized it, as in 'I personally see life as so bad that I don't want to reach old age or keep living.'

But they take it to the extent of 'i cannot even fathom the idea of someone seeing life differently without them being brainwashed or dumb or crazy.' If you feel that way about anything, that you can't even wrap your head around disagreement, you need to know odds are it is you who is clinging to doctrine.

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, Chinaski, rozeske and 3 others
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
It wouldn't be so bad if they internalized it, as in 'I personally see life as so bad that I don't want to reach old age or keep living.'

But they take it to the extent of 'i cannot even fathom the idea of someone seeing life differently without them being brainwashed or dumb or crazy.' If you feel that way about anything, that you can't even wrap your head around disagreement, you need to know odds are it is you who is clinging to doctrine.
To combat this: picked the most fucked up thing that has happened to you (or experience) and throw it back at them lol. If someone says their life experience is how everyone else should operate or feel then I just throw out this gem:

Oh yeah so cancer in 20s is really common. Tell about when you were in hospital being operated on and all the shit after it. Oh you can't? BIGOT. Just as I thought!

lol.
Idk if this counts as a pet peeve, but the biggest thing getting on my nerves lately is people trying to give medical advice when they have no idea what they're talking about. They always state it as fact & then their source ends up being some game of telephone with other people without medical credentials. Like let's please use some common sense & not pretend to be experts on something that we haven't even Googled for ourselves
If you cross your eyes and the wind blows, your eyes get stuck like that forever.
John C Reilly Seriously GIF

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
*gets a papercut* Ah, existence is truly hellish. Death is the only solution to this meaningless suffering, it's so incredibly horrible that Nembutal isn't available, and it's deeply repulsive how this website is going downhill. All I wish for is eternal non-existence, an absence of pain and suffering, it's the only thing that brings me comfort.
To be fair, if I got a paper cut, I would probably have the same reaction; those hurt more than any blade could, lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, Cinnamorolls and Saturn_
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
People presenting antinatalism as any sort of realistic solution to anything.

"The world can be unfair and suffering exists, so we all should agree that no one should ever be born again."

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, thebelljarrr, Saturn_ and 4 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
people who post the same thing over and over clogging up everything or just one section/topic
(especially if the repetitive post gets no replies, less than ten replies, only reactions, and is "low effort")

instead of making one big thread for whatever topic or interest it is
or looking for a recent thread that already discusses something similar and just replying to it or adding on to it

I think I used to do this as well but hopefully not anymore ' : |

Reactions: Skathon, derpyderpins, Saturn_ and 1 other person
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
people who post the same thing over and over clogging up everything or just one section/topic
(especially if the repetitive post gets no replies, less than ten replies, only reactions, and is "low effort")

or looking for a recent thread that already discusses something similar and just replying to it or adding on to it

Oh sure, when you say it, you get "likes" not burnt at the stake🤣

• Yay!
Reactions: derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023

A good bit of "main character syndrome."

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024

I'll be honest, I saw some of these posts get to be redundant at times. But it's cool that you noticed and took action. People here still do and are none the wiser.
Much rather have her as the "main character" of this place than others. Plus if she's got MCS, then that means I got that "Big-Bossum-Side-Kick-Energy"😆😎🤓

Last edited:
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
the incredibles syndrome GIF

I've had situations where I thought someone was joking so I posted a gif because it related to their post. Didn't go down too well. I think that's autism in a nut shell lmao.

Edit: someone actual made fun of me apparently and I didn't get that either. They sort of had to explain it lol.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Kavka, DefinitelyReady and derpyderpins
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
the incredibles syndrome GIF

I've had situations where I thought someone was joking so I posted a gif because it related to their post. Didn't go down too well. I think that's autism in a nut shell lmao.

Edit: someone actual made fun of me apparently and I didn't get that either. They sort of had to explain it lol.
It happens, even to us without autism...

• Yay!
Reactions: Throwawayacc3, derpyderpins and damienlerone03
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Please don't flame me. Otherwise I'll have to message you and you'll have to explain it to me lol.
I trip on my own feet interpreting people because my mind has slowed due to depression and lack of use. Plus I'm overly analytical so a simple, obvious joke can go right over my head. Also people can be deadly serious (no pun intended) but because of my "humor" I can't conclude that they're actually being serious so I think it's a joke. Just glad I don't laugh openly at everything I see/read. Yeah, if you hear a giggle at a funeral, that's probably me🤚

• Yay!
Reactions: Kavka
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I trip on my own feet interpreting people because my mind has slowed due to depression and lack of use. Plus I'm overly analytical so a simple, obvious joke can go right over my head. Also people can be deadly serious (no pun intended) but because of my "humor" I can't conclude that they're actually being serious so I think it's a joke. Just glad I don't laugh openly at everything I see/read. Yeah, if you hear a giggle at a funeral, that's probably me🤚
Eric Cartman Kyle GIF by South Park

• Wow
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
People misspelling CTB as CBT is pretty up there for me. A small pet peeve of mine is when the same discussions about antinatalism or the afterlife pops up and no one really has anything new to say about either of these topics, including me.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady and jar-baby
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
People misspelling CTB as CBT is pretty up there for me. A small pet peeve of mine is when the same discussions about antinatalism or the afterlife pops up and no one really has anything new to say about either of these topics, including me.
Im embarrassed to keep saying the same things lol! especially if it's already been said. Also, if you can't add a different thought, or even a different way of provoking a different thought! I just don't see the point, or need to put that shiz on repeat. It isn't changing anything, except for my mood😑 Pipe down Chachi...
It ain't THAT good of a song to put on repeat, ya know what I'm sayin??

All we hear at this point is, " Bueller...? Bueller...???"

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Im embarrassed to keep saying the same things lol! especially if it's already been said. Also, if you can't add a different thought, or even a different way of provoking a different thought! I just don't see the point, or need to put that shiz on repeat. It isn't changing anything, except for my mood😑 Pipe down Chachi...
It ain't THAT good of a song to put on repeat, ya know what I'm sayin??

All we hear at this point is, " Bueller...? Bueller...???"
Agreed, though I do admit I'm still prone to repeating myself a lot as well even if it does annoy me still. I suppose both seeing repetitive posts and making them just come with the territory of being here for a while. 😅

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Agreed, though I do admit I'm still prone to repeating myself a lot as well even if it does annoy me still. I suppose both seeing repetitive posts and making them just come with the territory of being here for a while. 😅
Ive done it too...!😒
I mean it's accidental, in the moment, just agreeing, an unintended repeat, a "whoops" moment, etc whatever, but it's innocent enough. We can tolerate that and live with it. THAT comes with the territory. However, over half of us, or more, post things that are mindful enough that it doesn't plague the forums with the same questions, opinions, expressions, complaints, etc.

The rest, you know who are.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
People citing the brain-isn't-developed-till-25 myth as a fact.

My least favourite factoid. I get why it's referenced so much here; I imagine we'd all like there to be conclusive scientific evidence for a distinct age at which we could validate someone's suicidality—it would probably make things a lot easier. But it's annoying nonetheless.

• Wow
Reactions: Skathon, EvisceratedJester, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 5 others
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
calling it Sasu instead of SS. yes, the connotations are bad but like ☠ "OOWOO SaSu desu ne? [anime picture] life is torture" like shut upppp

lmfao, that reminds me of when I saw someone call SS "SanSui" and that's the same kind of thing that came to my mind as well. That or some sort of Americanized Chinese dish.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
  • Yay!
Reactions: ge0rge, Skathon and littlelungs
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
when this type of garbage is posted 100% seriously

IMG 2302

what i find sigh worthy, and this may be coming from selfishness and lack of understanding, are posters who cannot fathom the idea that hope exists. another side of this is expecting things to change while putting absolutely no effort into getting better… and then whining about the state of your existence. especially those who have things to be thankful for but do not utilize those resources because things are sooo horrible. liek sorry but this website harbors some of the most ungrateful people i have ever seen. what id do to have some of the things that people writing goodbye posts do.

what annoys me most is the users who spam unhopeful woe is me text looking for advice and then replying to each comment with more unhopeful woe is me text. if you're 100% convinced in your rhetoric then what are you still doing here…

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: Sylveon, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WhiteRabbit and 3 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022

My least favourite factoid. I get why it's referenced so much here; I imagine we'd all like there to be conclusive scientific evidence for a distinct age at which we could validate someone's suicidality—it would probably make things a lot easier. But it's annoying nonetheless.
But at least you get to feel something other than your normal apathy.

The brain finishes developing at 25.

but this website harbors some of the most ungrateful people i have ever seen. what id do to have some of the things that people writing goodbye posts do.
You could show a whole city a movie with that projection. Bear in mind you're only necessarily getting a snippet of people's lives, even those that share pretty liberally.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, EvisceratedJester, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
when this type of garbage is posted 100% seriously

View attachment 145013

what i find sigh worthy, and this may be coming from selfishness and lack of understanding, are posters who cannot fathom the idea that hope exists. another side of this is expecting things to change while putting absolutely no effort into getting better… and then whining about the state of your existence. especially those who have things to be thankful for but do not utilize those resources because things are sooo horrible. liek sorry but this website harbors some of the most ungrateful people i have ever seen. what id do to have some of the things that people writing goodbye posts do.

what annoys me most is the users who spam unhopeful woe is me text looking for advice and then replying to each comment with more unhopeful woe is me text. if you're 100% convinced in your rhetoric then what are you still doing here…
I thought the whole thing was a screenshot. I misunderstood which you were referring to as garbage. You actually typed the text! Wow.

What annoys me the most is people belittling others suffering and the level of arrogance that is reflected off of their posts.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I thought the whole thing was a screenshot. I misunderstood which you were referring to as garbage. You actually typed the text! Wow.

What annoys me the most is people belittling others suffering and the level of arrogance that is reflected off of their posts.
Anyone who says stuff like "oh woe is me" as a response to people seriously contemplating ending their life annoys me as well. I understand feeling frustrated if you don't personally understand why someone feels the way that they do, but it's one thing to keep that to yourself and another to broadcast it where that person can see it. It's an open forum, sure, but there's still a level of decorum expected.

This is not the suffering Olympics, pain is relative and dependent on perspective. One person's equivalent to a stubbed toe may be life ruining to someone else. Who am I to judge a complete stranger's pain tolerance and say that they're ungrateful for life?

If someone's problems were that miniscule, I highly doubt they'd consider such a final, permanent act. The implication that if someone truly feels hopeless, why are they still alive, also comes off as disrespectful. There's ways to instill hope without being rude, if that's an individual's prerogative. Of course, there's a line between tactful disagreement and edginess. Belittling people's struggles and pretending as if there is some great enlightenment in pretending like everyone else here is immature and stroppy, yet oneself is ascended above this, makes me wonder what the rationale even is for continuing to participate in this community for those who think that way.

On some level, I get it. Look, I sometimes see posts where a person may "have it all" on the surface and have things I've been deprived of in my own life and a spark of envy flares up, but wishing a stranger on the internet would acknowledge what they have isn't going to fix the absence of those features in my own life, nor is it going to make the other party happy either. It's frustrating when you feel someone may be able to pull through it and it seems like they aren't considering a different option you think that they should, but I would say that's not really representative of most people here.

Out of the people I've spoken to privately here, there were practically none who "put 0 effort into getting better." They were all similar to me and had been involved with various healthcare systems for years in multiple contexts. So I think it's a pretty bold assumption to claim people put no effort in getting better on average.

I'd say the opposite is true, many people (at least those I knew who were long term users) are here because they spent years exhausting and expending their resources trying to better their lives and kept facing more disappointment.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, Skathon, rozeske and 6 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023

My least favourite factoid.
I also hate that factoid, especially since it's now used by people to infantilize those around ages 18-25. From what I know, the prefrontal cortex developmental timeline varies from person to person.

Even going under the guise that this factoid is true (which it isn't) it doesn't mean that people under the age of 25 cannot make proper decisions. People keep on treating 25 as this magical number when it isn't.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle, jar-baby, Chinaski and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Anyone who says stuff like "oh woe is me" as a response to people seriously contemplating ending their life annoys me as well. I understand feeling frustrated if you don't personally understand why someone feels the way that they do, but it's one thing to keep that to yourself and another to broadcast it where that person can see it. It's an open forum, sure, but there's still a level of decorum expected.

This is not the suffering Olympics, pain is relative and dependent on perspective. One person's equivalent to a stubbed toe may be life ruining to someone else. Who am I to judge a complete stranger's pain tolerance and say that they're ungrateful for life?

If someone's problems were that miniscule, I highly doubt they'd consider such a final, permanent act. The implication that if someone truly feels hopeless, why are they still alive, also comes off as disrespectful. There's ways to instill hope without being rude, if that's an individual's prerogative. Of course, there's a line between tactful disagreement and edginess. Belittling people's struggles and pretending as if there is some great enlightenment in pretending like everyone else here is immature and stroppy, yet oneself is ascended above this, makes me wonder what the rationale even is for continuing to participate in this community for those who think that way.

On some level, I get it. Look, I sometimes see posts where a person may "have it all" on the surface and have things I've been deprived of in my own life and a spark of envy flares up, but wishing a stranger on the internet would acknowledge what they have isn't going to fix the absence of those features in my own life, nor is it going to make the other party happy either. It's frustrating when you feel someone may be able to pull through it and it seems like they aren't considering a different option you think that they should, but I would say that's not really representative of most people here.

Out of the people I've spoken to privately here, there were practically none who "put 0 effort into getting better." They were all similar to me and had been involved with various healthcare systems for years in multiple contexts. So I think it's a pretty bold assumption to claim people put no effort in getting better on average.

I'd say the opposite is true, many people (at least those I knew who were long term users) are here because they spent years exhausting and expending their resources trying to better their lives and kept facing more disappointment.
Would broadly agree with this post in that any reason for suicide, each principle causal factor, is valid in its own way and that's down to the individual. Where l would disagree is that there is often a very immature and whimsical approach to the actual ceasing to exist and, whilst all reasons are valid in their own way it does not follow that all suffering is equal. There should be no hierarchy of suffering and it's to the forums credit that this is not subscribed to but it is incumbent on users to approach the forum with a sense of perspective which is often lacking, when it really could be recognised that, for example, having a small penis is not the same struggle as experiencing chronic and severe pain, whimsically deciding upon suicide because death is considered "beautiful" is not the same experience as deciding upon suicide because life is increasingly impossible, someone arriving at a position of suicidality because they imagine themselves as an important intellect of our times is experiencing a very different suicidality to those in the midst of a deep and agonising despair.

Nobody would like a league table of suffering on here, imo if someone wants to ctb for literally any reason that's up to them, but with maturity comes perspective and l don't think it would be "invalidating" to expect this on a forum where suicide is discussed.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: affinity, Skathon, Downdraft and 3 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Would broadly agree with this post in that any reason for suicide, each principle causal factor, is valid in its own way and that's down to the individual. Where l would disagree is that there is often a very immature and whimsical approach to the actual ceasing to exist and, whilst all reasons are valid in their own way it does not follow that all suffering is equal. There should be no hierarchy of suffering and it's to the forums credit that this is not subscribed to but it is incumbent on users to approach the forum with a sense of perspective which is often lacking, when it really could be recognised that, for example, having a small penis is not the same struggle as experiencing chronic and severe pain, whimsically deciding upon suicide because death is considered "beautiful" is not the same experience as deciding upon suicide because life is increasingly impossible, someone arriving at a position of suicidality because they imagine themselves as an important intellect of our times is experiencing a very different suicidality to those in the midst of a deep and agonising despair.

Nobody would like a league table of suffering on here, imo if someone wants to ctb for literally any reason that's up to them, but with maturity comes perspective and l don't think it would be "invalidating" to expect this on a forum where suicide is discussed.
I agree with you that there is a lack of perspective for some people, for example solely wanting to ctb over having a smaller penis size and having that one issue as the primary motivator also makes no sense to me either. Especially when there are many women who will openly admit it's not a deal-breaker for them. No offense to the guy in question, of course, but a thread title like that can come off as a non sequitur with no context.

However, I feel like those views are probably indicative of some deeper issue which is not always articulated, perhaps ongoing rejection or feelings or worthlessness that have persisted due to lack of success in the dating game or hateful comments from other people about his body and looks. Truthfully it's not something I can relate to even as someone who struggles with my own appearance and bodily dysphoria at times, because many cosmetic things can be alleviated with enough disposable income, and I'd consider looks maxxing way before jumping the gun to ctb. To me, it's a last resort.

Yet, men like that who can be impressionable to strong beliefs due spending a lot of time online are bombarded with content that reinforces harmful ideas that they won't ever have skin in the game when it comes to romance due to a factor like their dick size, which probably makes someone less receptive over time to hearing any sort of thought that's in conflict to that if that's all they're exposed to, but it's hard to say when we only know little pieces of info that others choose to share.

It's kind of similar to how I view the philosophers as you put them, there tends to be some sort of unspoken issue underlying the crux why they find death appealing and beautiful, since it's inherently a taboo point of view. As annoyed as I got with some of FC's posts at times, especially how she would speak down to others, I've known for awhile now that she used to be on a tinnitus form before SS and if I had to bet (though it's only speculation) the reason why she made similar, almost romanticising, odes to death ad nauseum is because of her long term medical conditions and autism. Will we ever know? Probably not, since she never really shared that personal side of her life in her posts, which is why it seems to come off as insincere or lacking in perspective in a lot of the content, all context is missing.

A person with a good life wouldn't feel so drawn towards death as a concept, I feel like. Unfortunately, many people don't really articulate why they believe these things, but I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt that if someone is espousing very pessimistic philosophy that they have to experience some sort of anger or pain to come to those views. Or have a propensity towards ruminating on some of the more depressing things in the world (I saw this often when I used to read antinatalism stuff, people would constantly post really doomer-y, often ragebait, articles about terrible accidents, wars, climate change, and whatnot to remind everyone that life sucked all the time, which was like pure poison to some people who needed to stay away from that to keep sane)

As I've gotten older (and crankier) there's a lot of things I don't really relate to either, but I just tend to stay away from posts I don't like these days, unless it's something I can contribute to. I still feel bad for people like FC even if I disagree with some of her more extreme views, and she might consider me a dumb pro-lifer at the end of the day.

Reactions: Skathon, rozeske, Sylveon and 2 others