S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Who remembers the early to mid 2000s, growing up with the rise of Big Brother reality show, syndicated in different countries with each having a local format.

Didn't it feel magical in a way, because it was all so fresh and new and exciting?

I watched some on YouTube just now. It really helped me bring back that wonderful feeling of "wow" how ahead of its time the show was.

Nowadays it probably means little to people, even old fans, but it does to me, more so it helps me to "relive" how I felt back when you had a basic Nokia candy bar phone, no touchscreen smartphone, PC computers and laptops were all a household had, blah blah blah.

I thought it was a happy time for pop culture, personally. Pop music is way better now to some extent in the mid late 2010s, but that aside....who's with me?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Made4TV, Mr2005 and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Remember it? I can't forget it it haunts me. You've touched upon many things for me there

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Yes I remember that period. I liked life much better before smartphones and social media.

I miss the mid-late 90s. I was very young at the time but I remember feeling optimistic, and pop culture seemed exciting.

Now everything seems more cynical and angry to me, constant arguing about politics, overemphasis on looks and greed in the music. Things were never perfect but it seems darker now with little optimism.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox