• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I have been having trouble sleeping

especially sleeping for a full eight to ten hours without waking up and going back to sleep over and over

or just waking up and not being able to sleep at all until the morning or the afternoon which makes me a bit hypervigilant or paranoid at times (which also depends on other factors such as mental health)

what sleep aids work/do you recommend for these issues

also do they trigger parasomnias like sleepwalking I haven't done that in a long time (but if I have recently I wouldn't know) but I am worried that trying a plethora of sleep aids would make it a habit again or trigger it

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I take melatonin gummies and they help for falling asleep. Unfortunately the staying asleep part has been hard but that might have to do with the fact that there's a lot of noise where I live that makes it hard to stay asleep. I also use diphenhydramine which helped me with both although I'm groggy when I do wake up. I take one or the other every day so idk if that means they were habit forming or not. I've never slept walk from or anything like that. Both of them are cheap and don't require a prescription. Melatonin is naturally produced by your body so if you're worried about habit forming stuff that's something to start with if you haven't already.

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000 and Pluto
cantthinkofusername

cantthinkofusername

wannabe girl
Feb 25, 2024
melatonin gives me like feverish nightmares so i just use kratom but u probably shouldnt because its addictive asf

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
melatonin gives me like feverish nightmares
I had never heard of this until you mentioned it. Turns out that it's an uncommon but not rare symptom though it's a disputed topic. Very interesting. It looks like even the safer medications still have their risks.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
yeahhhhh I love melatonin, because it's main purpose is to get you into a state of readiness for sleep (which I struggle with), but I can't take it bc it tends to give me super vivid dreams. the deeper a dream is, the harder I am to wake, and it already takes a lot to rouse me from sleep

oh yeah idk if you can get it but edibles have been pretty great for me and my housemate to stay asleep. I'm still working on finding the right dosage to not trigger the vivid dreams, but that's partially my own fault for taking enough to enjoy the feel of the high

• Love
Reactions: HereTomorrow