• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
What would be the best materials for a Partial hanging? Would a strip of cloth work over a rope? What would feel tightest as to have less chance of failure? I was looking through threads and couldn't really see this anywhere so I'm asking outright. Thanks.

Reactions: Hurt and botanormal
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Well, I tried to CTB twice with partial and used a scarf + a tie. It seemed as if it was really going to work but I passed out both times and was found by my family.
Would it have worked if you were alone? ❤

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Well, the softer the material is, the more comfortable it'll be around your neck probably. You'll want something strong enough to hold your weight though, so it really depends on if the cloth would be sturdy enough. If you take your cloth, and set it up in the position you want, you can test it out by pulling down on it with your hands. If it shows no sign of budging, it should be good to use. If you use a slipknot, it should tighten naturally pretty well, but if you stick your hand through the hole and test it, you should get a good idea of how tight it'll be. I hope this helps somewhat, although I'm definitely not an expert. So long as you test things out properly before actually attempting, it should be all good. Good luck with everything. :hug:

E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
t I passed out both times and was found by my family
How did you overcome survival instinct? And what position were you in when you tried partial? I've tried partial but survival instinct saved me all the time ,

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Would it have worked if you were alone? ❤

Yes!!! All I needed was more time and fight my SI properly.

How did you overcome survival instinct? And what position were you in when you tried partial? I've tried partial but survival instinct saved me all the time ,

First time my SI was really annoying and I barely passed out after like 2 hours of trying. I'm really a noob at it and then my brother came in to my apartment and "saved me"

The second time I read a lot about partial hanging and took lots sleeping pills but it seems my position was wrong because I only passed out but was found by my dad next day.

I hope the third time works but yeah, SI is a bitch!

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Well, the softer the material is, the more comfortable it'll be around your neck probably. You'll want something strong enough to hold your weight though, so it really depends on if the cloth would be sturdy enough. If you take your cloth, and set it up in the position you want, you can test it out by pulling down on it with your hands. If it shows no sign of budging, it should be good to use. If you use a slipknot, it should tighten naturally pretty well, but if you stick your hand through the hole and test it, you should get a good idea of how tight it'll be. I hope this helps somewhat, although I'm definitely not an expert. So long as you test things out properly before actually attempting, it should be all good. Good luck with everything. :hug:
Thank you so much!

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I use a tie in my failed attempts