• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lastexit717@proton.

lastexit717@proton.

Nov 26, 2023
Hi, my shrink gave me Alprozalam, and it feels real good but im afraid to get addicted and ive been avoiding taking it for a month ....he said i can take it daily but im afraid he is being cavalier about it.
What do you think? i have severe anxiety for a mistake i made in 4chan last year and everyday is hell.

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
They told me if I take it several times a day for more than 3 weeks I could get addicted. But they never stopped prescribing me them. In the end I got addicted but I abused them. I would take 5-10 of them in one sitting.
I think if you dont abuse them like me it will be fine. If you notice you are getting addicted pls reach out for help. The withdrawals are not nice :((

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Hi, my shrink gave me Alprozalam, and it feels real good but im afraid to get addicted and ive been avoiding taking it for a month ....he said i can take it daily but im afraid he is being cavalier about it.
What do you think?
I've been on a low dose Alprozalam for over a decade. If your just starting, odds are it's a pretty low dose, and as long as you don't abuse it and you take it as prescribed, I would think there's not much risk in becoming addicted.

lastexit717@proton.

lastexit717@proton.

Nov 26, 2023
I've been on a low dose Alprozalam for over a decade. If your just starting, odds are it's a pretty low dose, and as long as you don't abuse it and you take it as prescribed, I would think there's not much risk in becoming addicted.
hw wants me to take two .25 per day , im really scared , im only taking one per week , i cant afford to get addicted in my condition
They told me if I take it several times a day for more than 3 weeks I could get addicted. But they never stopped prescribing me them. In the end I got addicted but I abused them. I would take 5-10 of them in one sitting.
I think if you dont abuse them like me it will be fine. If you notice you are getting addicted pls reach out for help. The withdrawals are not nice :((
i wonder if i can get addicted taking two or three per week , im afraid of tolerance too

Last edited:
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
0.25 is the lowest dose they make, so you should definitely be fine taking a couple a week. i mean, the risk of addiction is never going to be zero. hell, you can get addicted to eating cheeseburgers.
for me personally, the huge benefit of the anxiety relief far outweigh the slim risk of addiction (if taken properly)

johann_liebert

johann_liebert

verzweifelt
Nov 11, 2023
i have severe anxiety for a mistake i made in 4chan last year and everyday is hell.
Can I ask what kind of mistake you made on there, like in what direction? Did you dox something about yourself? I used that site very frequently in around 2021, and am glad to be completely free from it and its stupid ideology without being in any way scarred besides the distorted worldview it gave me that I still have to recover from.

lastexit717@proton.

lastexit717@proton.

Nov 26, 2023
Can I ask what kind of mistake you made on there, like in what direction? Did you dox something about yourself? I used that site very frequently in around 2021, and am glad to be completely free from it and its stupid ideology without being in any way scarred besides the distorted worldview it gave me that I still have to recover from.

Here's my story , soon you will see me in the news

B

biasedregret

Feb 23, 2024
IMO benzos are perfectly safe. There's also a Benzodiazepine Task Force that recently formed and has been vouching for their therapeutic efficacy: https://karger.com/pps/article/87/4/193/283073/International-Task-Force-on-Benzodiazepines

There's been a lot of confusion around these meds by the medical establishment. They're perfectly safe for 99% of people. Plenty of people take them every day and can stop with minimal side effects, especially at low doses.

Note that you'll likely develop tolerance to the euphoria/sedation if you're feeling that at your current dose. However, you likely won't develop tolerance to the anxiolytic effects at a constant dose.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Please only take for 4 weeks maximum. Benzodiazepines have absolutely destroyed my life - while some people who use them for prolonged times are ok, there are plenty of others (like myself) who aren't. In general the bad definitely outweighs the good.

I'm too 'non functional' to give a more robust answer at the moment, but please search my previous comments to see how damaging benzos are.