• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

melodies

Jul 17, 2019
I've done years of therapy, psychiatry, exercise, meditation, tried other drugs and supplements etc etc. The only thing that ever gives me relief from ptsd are a high enough dose of benzos. That's the only time the horror in my head calms down enough that I can forget for a little bit, and actually be productive. Everyone says how addictive they are, how they'll ruin your life, how the withdrawals are worse than heroin.
Is there no way that I can take them all the time without making things worse? What if I'm one of the rare people that can do it without problems? Its just not possible to live a life for years on end where literally every moment you're in intense pain and despair. Some people with severe chronic pain need opiates to survive, I need something that will help with my chronic psychic pain.

Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
For what it's worth, for the last two years I have taken .5 mg of Ativan, at the least, at night, now with Covid stress/worry/anxiety, I have been taking .5 mg once in the daytime, once at night, for a total of 1 mg during a 24 hour period. I'm in chemical dependency recovery too, yet I have not used them to "get high" in fact, they only make me sleepy. I feel that a "high" and "sleepy" are completely different things. I wish you well, I know high anxiety intimately.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I agree with you. I have 24/7 chronic pain and I have been on a strong dose of opoids for almost 6 years and I have been told that more than likely I will be on them for life. I also have been on klonopin and I will say that when i had to go off of klonopin it was a long and slow process becasue it is interesting when one comes off of benzos. I would never want to cold turkey off benzos or opoids. If something works for you and ones medical people say ok, then the heck with everyone else and their opinions. I have had people ask me if I "crave" opoids! The short and long answer is NO, NEVER. It is just something to help me live. If someone says something to you just say 1) life is quality not quantity and 2) easy to judge, hard to understand. All my love and caring and support goes out to you! Walter:heart::hug:

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Relate and have had to come to terms that I need em rn..

I don't think its normal to be put through the kinda shit I had to go through without medication. Anti-depressants don't w0rk for me and require (or should be something to consider) a stable environment. Which I've never had. So... yeah my low dose benzo has literally been saving me.

I'd love to get right by myself and be on ADHD meds instead but that is another medical struggle.... Ima try this yr tho...

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
miseryh8scompany

miseryh8scompany

Student
Dec 20, 2019
Who gives a fuck what people think. Psychs are going to force ssris no matter how useless and damaging they are. Psychiatry is a pseudoscience. If it was 50 years ago they'd be trying to lobotomize me.

I found my protocol... klonopin, trt+hcg, bupropion (snorting it), pregabalin. And when I really need an extra mood boost - an oxy or some tianeptine.

I'll be on benzos and trt for the rest of my shitty life. And I couldn't care less. Lol

miseryh8scompany

miseryh8scompany

Student
Dec 20, 2019
Now that I'm sober let me give a more polite opinion. Drugs like benzos and opiates exist for people who are suffering. Of course no one wants to get addicted but as others have said, if it improves quality of life for someone who is near the point of suicide then it seems like a no-brainer. I have been on benzos regularly for 10 years now with no problems. It's a lot more common than people realize. The thing is, is that until recently doctors really didn't realize how addictive they were and overprescribed them. A lot of people got addicted, and a lot of people started abusing them. When I was a teen no one took xanax bars to get high, now it's common. I think this has created a bit of hysteria, doctors are more and more hesitant to prescribe them. People who genuinely need benzos, like us, are often made to feel guilty about using them.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I relate to you too, I was addicted to Xanax for many years, used to take massive amounts of it. But then when we want to quit is not not easy, I have tampered the best way I could and now I'm down to 2 or 3. Was a 10 a day sometimes user. If you feel it makes you better I'm no doctor but some people have a glass or three to unwind everyday. We take benzos. All the best sweetie.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I relate to you too, I was addicted to Xanax for many years, used to take massive amounts of it. But then when we want to quit is not not easy, I have tampered the best way I could and now I'm down to 2 or 3. Was a 10 a day sometimes user. If you feel it makes you better I'm no doctor but some people have a glass or three to unwind everyday. We take benzos. All the best sweetie.
Hi @Sherri !! I just wanted to take a second and say that you are such a outstanding global family member. You are so loving, warm, kind thoughtful and so, so much support. When I read your posts I, for real, get tears in my eyes and a warm embrace feeling knowing that you are here with us. All my love and the best to you always!!! Walter (Yes Walter is my real first name, as true to the family here just like you!) :heart::heart::hug::hug::happy::happy:

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Didn't work for me. If you can name the substance, I've probably tried it, except for opiates
Try Tramadol (erm it doesn't work for me, which is why I have boxes of it!). But if it is for depression, then it has some very good reviews.

I even tried H to get rid of depression. It just made me feel really sick.