• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Just to preface: if you have any opinions regarding Russian people, what they should and shouldn't do, what they believe or don't believe in, keep it to yourself in this thread.

I respect and value all SaSu members, but, and I mean it in the nicest way possible, very few of you can actually conceptualize just how difficult of a situation we are all in. Let's not derail this into a political discussion thread. Thank you.

Today the news came out of Alexey Navalny passing away. I'm not keeping up with the news, because existing is depressing enough on its own, but this piece of information was loud enough for me to notice.

Disregarding all the criticism he has received during his life as a political activist, he was certainly the most prominent (younger) figure of Russian opposition. Honestly, I know that his existence alone gave hope to many of my peers that things could still change - even though most of us knew he wouldn't live for long. That's just how it is here.

Simply disagreeing with the government and being loud enough to express it is either punished by death or jail time.

My existence as a queer person in this country is something that can earn me a sentence just by the virtue of me being alive. It's sickening, it's suffocating, and I'm tired. I'm so tired that I want to never wake up.

Years spent building plans and pursuing dreams have all been shattered. My life has officially stopped on February 24th 2022 and I haven't felt alive since. It just keeps getting worse - never better.

I can't express myself without fear of being detained or questioned. I have to be careful about my appearance not to seem "lesbian" enough for people to pick up on. You are not an autonomous person in Russia, unless you play by P*tin's rules and act like a good law-abiding puppy.

Forget about freedom of speech. Forget about safety online or offline - I mean, there are literal war murderers walking the street who are living off of a fat paycheck thanks to participating in the war. Forget about building a family and falling in love - unless, of course, you are straight and cisgender.

Oh, and gender affirming care isn't a thing now by the way. So send your well wishes to trans people in Russia - they can no longer transition, be it socially, medically or legally. My heart shatters for every trans person who has to live in this country.

I honestly don't know what to do with my life at this point. The only logical solution seems to finally end it and hope for finding myself in a better place - Russia is my personal hell already, so how much worse can it get realistically?

I genuinely like and sympathize with my fellow Russian people. I feel happy and relieved for those who manage to leave. I wish I could do this too. But unfortunately, my prospects aren't that bright, as someone who is jobless, mentally ill, with zero connections made throughout my lifetime and barely any energy to shower every day.

I'm glad that it's not like this everywhere in this world. I'm happy for those who are able to receive quality care, opportunities or even basic human rights.

But I won't lie, I feel really jealous too. Especially of those who are naive enough to believe the only reason why things aren't changing is because people "don't want them to". ("Why aren't Russian people overthrowing their criminal, propaganda-ridden dictatorship? Are they dumb?" lol).

Anyway, I think I'll end it here (pun intended). Thank you for reading this lengthy rant. I could go on forever about all the atrocities happening in Russia of today, but I don't feel like reminding myself of all the horrible things happening whether it be inside or outside of this country.

Have a nice day and please take care. Do something nice for yourself and remember to be kind.

kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
That's extremely horrible that you can receive a sentence for just being yourself, and that you have to be careful about your appearance for fear of looking too lesbian. It's heartbreaking to hear that trans people are being suppressed so badly there as well. People should just be able to be themselves without having to fear that their lives will be ruined, it's utterly disgusting that queer people can't even breathe without being judged and shamed in some places.

Thank you for making this post, honestly I didn't know how awfully queer people are being treated in Russia. I truly hope it gets better soon and the laws change. Please take care too OP ♡♡♡ I hope you're able to find a bit of joy in today, even if it's just a small thing 🫂

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I understand your situation. I have had gay male friends all my adult life and some of them lived through the 1950s and 60s, when the situation in western countries was as bad as that in Russia today. They learned to live "under the radar" of the authorities. That didn't stop life being difficult, but it did allow some of them to be themselves for at least some of the time. You may be able to find a way to do something similar. But be careful, keep your wits about you, and trust as few people as possible. I wish you luck.

Reactions: リンさん
heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
In 2014, I watched a documentary that Johnny Weir did called "To Russia With Love" that largely focused on the Russian gay propaganda law. Johnny spoke to more than one person that told him how life-threatening it is for them to just be themselves and all of it left me heartbroken and crying. For as much as I get frustrated with the American government and politicians, I have to remind myself that at least I'm allowed to express my feelings about it. In your country, in China, Iran, North Korea and Saudi Arabia that's not an option. My heart goes out to you, not that it means much.

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
In 2014, I watched a documentary that Johnny Weir did called "To Russia With Love" that largely focused on the Russian gay propaganda law. Johnny spoke to more than one person that told him how life-threatening it is for them to just be themselves and all of it left me heartbroken and crying. For as much as I get frustrated with the American government and politicians, I have to remind myself that at least I'm allowed to express my feelings about it. In your country, in China, Iran, North Korea and Saudi Arabia that's not an option. My heart goes out to you, not that it means much.
I appreciate it more than you think. Having a place online where I feel somewhat safe means a lot on its own, people actually reacting and commenting is even more surprising (in a good way of course).

A lot has changed since 2014. Most prominent change was pushed on November 31th 2023, declaring it now illegal to associate/spread information regarding anything that concerns LGBTQ+ community. It is now considered an extremist organization, participants of which face up to 6 years in prison.

Thank you for your empathy.

Last edited:
heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
I appreciate it more than you think. Having a place online where I feel somewhat safe means a lot on its own, people actually reacting and commenting is even more surprising (in a good way of course).

A lot has changed since 2014. Most prominent change was pushed on November 31th 2023, declaring it now illegal to associate/spread information regarding anything that concerns LGBTQ+ community. It is now considered an extremist organization, participants of which face up to 6 years in prison.

Thank you for your empathy.
Disgusting. I don't blame you at all for feeling suicidal. I think one of the worst parts is that you're somewhere where those that pass those changes would probably be *happy* that you're suicidal so it's like the very act of living is rebellion and yet to live is also to be in fear of ever really being yourself because one misstep violates the law. The natural, rebel part of me says "Fuck them! Rebel!" But it's not my life on the line. I DO wish that it weren't so hard to flee and be an expatriate. I'm no expert on Russia, but I know enough to say that I would want you and any friend to get the hell out of there.

N

numblydeprived

Feb 12, 2024
I get really worried about this situation
Not only is the war going but people cant even be people whitout the risk of being shot
For no reason aside from pathetic sad people in power who only wants to bring you misery
While I am not in that thight of a spot I still live in a country whit so much corruption in its political system and specially ignorant people due to bad education
I give my condolences for everyone existence is already so hard just being a "normal" member of society
Imagine them being an "outlaw" just because of the way that you're born
I believe I have gender dysphoria and if I didnt have a support system and at least some laws to see hope at the end of the tunnel I would have ctb'd a long time
Even now I feel such disgust whit myself that sometimes I wonder why I still havent ctb
I wasted my teenage years due to dysphoria and even now its an uphill battle to bear one day whitout the misery making me inactive