Before finding this website, were you a member of another forum or group to discuss similar things ?

• Yes, positive experience

Votes: 14 11.8%
  • Yes, negative experience

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • No

Votes: 85 71.4%

• Total voters
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
Before you found Sanctioned Suicide, were you a member of another forum / discussion group / chat room / whatever... to discuss suicide / personal problems / mental health ? If yes, what was it and what was your experience ?

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, sadworld and Teal_Blue_Dreams
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
A poll would be appropriate, maybe.

Reactions: sadworld, Skathon, Maka hiamoe and 1 other person
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
A poll would be appropriate, maybe.
Done. I didn't add one initially because I personally don't care much about the numbers, I am mostly interested in the experience of those who come from another place.

Reactions: sadworld and Amumu
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
No. I didn't plan on joining this one, either. Originally I was just going to grab the info I needed and go. It's funny how things work out.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: justanotherstar, disabledandhopeless, sadworld and 5 others
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
I wonder if all the "no"s are from people who don't go online often or because there are sites where people discuss depression but none of them allow people to discuss things like plans or methods. I think this site being pro-choice makes it unique and allows for more open discussion and a more genuine feel of community maybe?

Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams, pthnrdnojvsc, CJ2002 and 2 others
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
I wonder if all the "no"s are from people who don't go online often or because there are sites where people discuss depression but none of them allow people to discuss things like plans or methods. I think this site being pro-choice makes it unique and allows for more open discussion and a more genuine feel of community maybe?
Thanks for your comment and welcome ! I was hoping people who come from a pro-life forum (or anti-choice as I prefer to call them), would still reply yes even if they felt they couldn't speak as openly as we can here. It was kinda hard to figure out how to word my question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams and NeverSatisfied
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
I was part of a support forum online for people who struggled with self harm till it closed. Same for depnet.

Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams and Maka hiamoe
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm online often, and I've frequented other types of forums. I just never needed something like this before, I guess. It's not something I had much desire to talk about because I have a bad habit of bottling things up, and I didn't find SS until I was actively making plans. I was surprised to find it helpful to post here, actually. It kind of filled a need I didn't realize I had.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Miss_Takes, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Maka hiamoe and 3 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I was one that said "no". I've never been social, so joining groups never occurred to me. I naturally assumed I would just be silent and ignored. I still don't really understand how I'm social here lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: adam&eve, justanotherstar, Bigpink and 7 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Was on Reddit often, still am, but definitely strayed away from SuicideWatch and Depression because it's a massive echo chamber of platitudes and pro-lifers trying to shame or guilt trip suicidal people.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: death becomes her, Thrash, Disco Biscuit and 12 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is only one website like this in the world right now imo. No other place irl, internet etc where you can talk about suicide, Death, nor any real life topics . It would be really bad if they ban this website.I've never seen a place like this anywhere.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: enuff, NeverSatisfied, adam&eve and 4 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've been a part of groups and networks like this since the internet started. Some bad, some good, but none can hold a torch to this community.

• Love
Reactions: enuff, adam&eve, disabledandhopeless and 7 others
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
No. I didn't plan on joining this one, either. Originally I was just going to grab the info I needed and go. It's funny how things work out.
Same!

Reactions: justanotherstar, Ghost2211 and Maka hiamoe
P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
i was on Reddit , They Had A Sub Called Sanctioned Suicide or Something Similar but then it got banned then they had a Sub Called Timetogo then it got quarantined and fell off , so i googled a suicide forum and found this.

Reactions: enuff, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Skathon and 3 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
No but this seems to be the best site out of them all anyway! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: enuff, NeverSatisfied, disabledandhopeless and 4 others
AwokenToReality

AwokenToReality

Just wanna close my eyes, and feel alright
May 27, 2020
Spent a lot of time posting on Reddit on r/SuicideWatch long before I found SS, but I got fed up of the generic pro-life advice I got on each thread I made, and just stopped posting there.

• Love
Reactions: death becomes her, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Ghost2211 and 3 others
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Used alt.suicide.holiday back in the day. I remember it being very hard to find, which was kind of cool as the govt wasn't watching it as much. As such, it was a bit more open about the morally ambiguous stuff.

Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams, Ghost2211, BluesRunTheGame and 2 others
Deleted member 15256

Deleted member 15256

Feb 18, 2020
No. Came here looking just for methods.
But found so many people, so may testimonials... It's emotionally helping me

Reactions: adam&eve, disabledandhopeless, Teal_Blue_Dreams and 3 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I was on a pro-life forum for about half an hour till I couldn't take it anymore and eventually found this place.

Reactions: enuff, adam&eve, Teal_Blue_Dreams and 4 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
i was on Reddit , They Had A Sub Called Sanctioned Suicide or Something Similar but then it got banned then they had a Sub Called Timetogo then it got quarantined and fell off , so i googled a suicide forum and found this.
I did the same. Once SS disappeared from Reddit, I eventually found this place through google.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Maka hiamoe
mado

mado

Dec 23, 2020
i used to post on r/suicidewatch on throwaway accounts but it never felt very useful and mostly people dont reply anyway. one time someone pmed me asking for 50 bucks bc i was just going to kill myself anyway. that gave me like a cold feeling, i guess there are people who will try to take advantage of suffering people. i wonder if they ever successfully got money out of anyone.

i found this place randomly searching for methods and found the sn thread

• Wow
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, death becomes her, adam&eve and 4 others
Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
Alt.sucide.holiday was a great forum. This is the closest thing to it I've found.

Reactions: Deleted member 94, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I never knew that a group like this existed. I don't talk much but I'm glad that a community like this exists because there isn't any other community where you can vent without the pro lifers repeating the same lines every time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: adam&eve, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Maka hiamoe and 1 other person
ScribeofSkryre

ScribeofSkryre

Dec 29, 2020
I used to post on a /suicide/ board on 8chan for a while. The anonymity was nice. Eventually though, 8chan died for obvious reasons, and that went with it. Dunno if there's any other place quite like it besides here. Was another sort of "pro-choice" "community" but of course a bit more rough around the edges with chanboard culture and all that.

Reactions: Skathon and Maka hiamoe
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
I used to post on a /suicide/ board on 8chan for a while. The anonymity was nice. Eventually though, 8chan died for obvious reasons, and that went with it. Dunno if there's any other place quite like it besides here. Was another sort of "pro-choice" "community" but of course a bit more rough around the edges with chanboard culture and all that.
I was wondering when someone would mention 8chan. 8chan came back under a different name : 8kun. You can still see the old messages from /suicide/ here : https://8kun.top/suicide/index.html

Unfortunately the board has been restricted so it is no longer possible to post in it.

Reactions: Skathon and ScribeofSkryre
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I was on some of the Reddit's subreddits but they were pretty bad and had a lot of limits. You can't talk there freely at all, for me it was pretty useless cause i just couldn't speak my mind

Reactions: death becomes her and Maka hiamoe
ScribeofSkryre

ScribeofSkryre

Dec 29, 2020
I was wondering when someone would mention 8chan. 8chan came back under a different name : 8kun. You can still see the old messages from /suicide/ here : https://8kun.top/suicide/index.html

Unfortunately the board has been restricted so it is no longer possible to post in it.
Aye, I heard. Was rather disappointed when I found the board to be restricted. I've always enjoyed the culture an anonymous imageboard brings, but I guess I'll never have that again when it comes to the topic of CTB. At least I've found here now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maka hiamoe
justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
I answered no. Like others have said I planned to get the info I needed and run but something made me join and I'm glad I did. I used to kick around on pro self harm forums many moons ago but never come across anything like SS

Reactions: Maka hiamoe
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
Some subreddits. It felt empty, like it just a place where people begged for others to help them and only got upvotes and people pretending to help for clout in return.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied, sadstuffie, demuic and 1 other person