Before finding this website, were you a member of another forum or group to discuss similar things ?

• Yes, positive experience

Votes: 14 11.8%
  • Yes, negative experience

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • No

Votes: 85 71.4%

• Total voters
sadstuffie

sadstuffie

Student
Aug 11, 2020
yes, because sadly i really value being able to talk about how i feel with others. i should've just done it already. i value this community lots though.

Reactions: Maka hiamoe
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Used alt.suicide.holiday back in the day. I remember it being very hard to find, which was kind of cool as the govt wasn't watching it as much. As such, it was a bit more open about the morally ambiguous stuff.
Fellow alt.suicide.holiday user, that Usenet group was destroyed by a troll calling himself the colonel.

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
To be honest this is the first forum I've ever been a member of (besides the one of a video game I play, the game's log-in data is the same as for the game's website / forum so I didn't need an extra account). I never had the interest of joining forums. But Sanctioned Suicide really caught my attention. After a few months of lurking as a guest I decided to create an account because I fully relate to the topics discussed here. I don't regret the decision :)

• Love
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
I'm online often, and I've frequented other types of forums. I just never needed something like this before, I guess. It's not something I had much desire to talk about because I have a bad habit of bottling things up, and I didn't find SS until I was actively making plans. I was surprised to find it helpful to post here, actually. It kind of filled a need I didn't realize I had.
This was my experience also.

Reactions: Maka hiamoe and demuic
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Do subreddits counts? I've been following some related to depression and even posted some threads myself. I think the communities are too overwhelmed with vents that no one replies much to them. I always feel like I'm screaming to the void.

It's sad cause I've made friends to some of the members, but it always ends with a communication cut off. I just hope they found peace themselves.