Manicpixiedreamlast

Manicpixiedreamlast

Mar 10, 2020
I would wait until the weather improves it won't be so impressive if it's cold and wet.
I am used to the cold and wet but yeah I'm not going to run down now. I'll wait for the summer holidays

Reactions: Jumper Geo
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
I've checked out Beachy head as a possible way to ctb it would be the ultimate rush but I'm scared of heights, although I keep telling myself it's one step over the edge and it's game over. I have read you have to be careful as the mini cab drivers and the pub will report you if you look suspicious.

Check out this CTB training video, lol just imagine it without the parachutes.

Update just watched the next video as well yes I am pooing my pants :ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh:

I too am scared of heights, although I can walk to the edge of Beachy Head. Oddly enough I don't feel that scared there. I think because it is such a beautiful place. However, if you got me up in a cable car, I would be crapping myself. There is something oddly comforting about Beachy Head, standing on the edge of the cliff looking out at the expanse of water. A feeling of a weight lifting from your shoulders, which of course it will be when we all exit from this world.
Yes the nearest train station is Eastbourne and you have to get a cab not sure if a bus goes there.

I think there is a bus which goes there, like a hop on, hop off bus.
How can they discern a hiker from a jumper?

They can't, unless you arouse suspicion. Don't drink in the pub alone, don't bother getting a taxi up to Beachy Head, the taxi driver will ask why you're going up there. Try and act as normal as possible. I am going to take a sketch pad and couple of pencils and pretend I am drawing the lighthouse. Draw out a rough old sketch just to keep the Chaplaincy people quiet.

I was up there a couple of years ago, with my ex-boyfriend and I was sitting a little bit away from him on my own. One of the Chaplains came breezing past, "are you okay?" "Oh yes" I replied, "just trying to focus my camera, don't worry, I'm too scared of heights to go over" you know, any old thing to say to get rid of them. They will soon sod off. However, if you're sitting there in tears, they'll probably stick to you like bloody glue. So choose your exit up there carefully.

Last edited:
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
Hikers wear bobble hats.
Not all of them do.

Funny old place Beachy Head. Hikers, dog walkers, day trippers from London taking their selfies by the cliff edge and having a picnic, then along come people like us, who for one reason or another find life intolerable and the people who have screwed our minds. Over we go, in full view of the day trippers, walkers, etc. Quite bizarre when you think about it.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
But, there are only a handful of them. In the past, they have lacked funding to monitor the cliffs. Apparently if you want to become a Chaplain, you have to be a committed Christian and attend church regularly. My experience of Christians, or those who regularly attend church, they are usually far from christian in their actions. Usually judgemental and the tut, tut brigade. So if I was sitting there contemplating jumping off, or rolling off the cliff, the last thing I would want is one of those people yakking on, playing the hero!
Id give them the middle finger on my way off the cliff.

Reactions: JohnUK
B

Blutsager

Experienced
Mar 11, 2020
Remember that the Coronavirus may change things a lot. Best scenario, security there will fall appart as resources are diverted elsewhere. Worse case scenario, the quarintine will make it impossible for you guys to move there.

Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
As someone from the USA I gotta say I love to hear your voice. Your accents so wonderful.

Reactions: Sunset764 and Jumper Geo
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
I'm going to do some more research but I assumed it was very difficult as they have patrols day and night who would be on to anyone trying to get close. You're especially drawing attention being on your own I'd suspect. I'm way up north but I'd consider a day travel for that view if my next mushroom trip changes my mind about train method.

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
What about if you drive off it?

You're much more likely to survive, damaged but depressed and still here. The vehicle acts as a "crumple zone" and absorbs most of the shock.

T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
I would wait until the weather improves it won't be so impressive if it's cold and wet.
Good point for most. Got my thickwaterproofs. I like the cold and wet compared to warm and sunny anyway, less people about etc.
Would anyone else be a little concerned that the ground is slightly cushioned, maybe enough that there's a small chance you'd survive at least for a few minutes. Looking down at a carnging piece of meat that was your body, where your broken bones have tore through flesh and muscle, choking on blood slipping in and out of shock.
We all like to envision this peaceful jump to oblivion but there are very few ways.

Last edited:
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Don't drink in the pub alone, don't bother getting a taxi up to Beachy Head, the taxi driver will ask why you're going up there. Try and act as normal as possible.

The folks at the pub and the local taxi drivers are both well known for their ability to "sniff out" a potential jumper.

JohnUK

JohnUK

Student
Feb 15, 2019
Hopefully you will see no one there with the chaplains priority on cronovirus pandemic

LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
Hopefully you will see no one there with the chaplains priority on cronovirus pandemic

Fewer people there at the moment, judging from some social media pictures. But, I think that anyone who just wants to visit would be homed in on by the Chaplains! Can't get away from the buggers!
I'm going to do some more research but I assumed it was very difficult as they have patrols day and night who would be on to anyone trying to get close. You're especially drawing attention being on your own I'd suspect. I'm way up north but I'd consider a day travel for that view if my next mushroom trip changes my mind about train method.

Unsure how far up North you are, but Beachy Head is a bit of a trek, unless you specifically want to go there. Whitby is a good choice too.
As someone from the USA I gotta say I love to hear your voice. Your accents so wonderful.

So are yours.
Id give them the middle finger on my way off the cliff.

Me too, but they do love playing the hero.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mm80
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
Carry a camera so if u r questioned u can say u r trying to get good photos.

Reactions: LonelySoul and JohnUK
A

AllDoneLivedAGoodLif

Jun 29, 2020
Just wondering out loud here, but wouldn't you need to check wind direction and wind speed to make sure you go straight down? I think we can say with confidence that landing head first would be instantaneous.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Just wondering out loud here, but wouldn't you need to check wind direction and wind speed to make sure you go straight down? I think we can say with confidence that landing head first would be instantaneous.
Yeah a calm, sunny day would be ideal I think (calm for the drop, sunny for the view).

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020

I don't think you will be worrying about wind direction and speed if your on the edge, lol

Cheers

Geo

Last edited:
A

AllDoneLivedAGoodLif

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think you will be worrying about wind direction and speed if your on the edge, lol

Cheers

Geo

Perhaps, but it may blow you back against the cliff instead of you going straight down. I would think you would also want to make sure it's low tide so that you hit the rocks and not water.

KUA

KUA

Jun 12, 2020
I'm not sure if you can guarantee hitting the rocks. I mean would you die instantaneously if you hit the sand?

A

AllDoneLivedAGoodLif

Jun 29, 2020
I'm not sure if you can guarantee hitting the rocks. I mean would you die instantaneously if you hit the sand?

You should be able to, its a big patch of rocks. Definitely wouldn't want to land on sand I would think. If its not too windy and it's low tide you can definitely dive headfirst into the rocks I would imagine.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
It's shingle not sand but I get what you're saying. I asked about it here (with pic):

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/beachy-head-landing-zone.41989/

Reactions: KUA