gonegirl1

gonegirl1

Student
Oct 12, 2023
whats the thing with banning users saying they're "pro life"?

anyone that doesn't incentivate people to kill themselves in here is considered a pro lifer? this is supposed to be a pro choice site, not pro death.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ε. Η. R., DyingToDie123, Spiritual survivor and 8 others
Oneness

Oneness

The eternal awaits
Oct 23, 2023
Indeed, the task of the forum moderators to discern who should be banned is a nuanced and intricate dance of trying to find the least harmful path for this forum. I'm kind of glad I'm not a moderator here.

Reactions: BrainShower, DyingToDie123, betternever2havbeen and 3 others
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023

anyone that doesn't incentivate people to kill themselves in here is considered a pro lifer? this is supposed to be a pro choice site, not pro death.
This is a suicide forum. Get a clue from the name. I'm sure pro-lifers would be welcome elsewhere but not here.
We choose to be in this suicide forum and don't want to listen to pro-life preachers.

Pro-lifers are more than welcome to go forth and multiply elsewhere.

Anyone who is pro-life is welcome to come and fix my problems and I will gladly leave. If they are pro-life then they simply fail to understand our reasons and until they are in our position, they will never know or understand that our options are limited to wanting/needing to die.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pipsqueak!, JustABug, Lifeis_Jouissance70 and 18 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Nobody here is interested in toxic positivity that doesn't help anyone here.

Anyone who is pro-life is welcome to come and fix my problems and I will gladly leave. If they are pro-life then they simply fail to understand our reasons and until they are in our position, they will never know or understand that our options are limited to wanting/needing to die.
I fully agree with this!!

• Love
Reactions: BrknEyes, Deleted member 65988, Lifeis_Jouissance70 and 13 others
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
Nobody here is interested in toxic positivity that doesn't help anyone here.

I fully agree with this!!
Exactly, they can find somewhere else to preach to people.

• Love
Reactions: BrknEyes, Lifeis_Jouissance70, smigglesbred and 6 others
gonegirl1

gonegirl1

Student
Oct 12, 2023
This is a suicide forum. Get a clue from the name. I'm sure pro-lifers would be welcome elsewhere but not here.
We choose to be in this suicide forum and don't want to listen to pro-life preachers.

Im not talking about pro lifers in this post, im talking about suicidal people (because why would anyone else be in here) that just chose not to help others dying and chose to just talk to them.

Reactions: Ε. Η. R., JustABug and Life_and_Death
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
Well I don't think we're really welcomed in pro-life forums so in my opinion it's quite understandable that pro-lifers are not welcomed here.

A lot of people come here to fine understanding, to find people who can relate not someone preaching about how amazing life is, just like you wouldn't go to pro-life forum and talk about how meaningless life is. That's why we're all here. Seeing other people having similar issues makes us feel less alone.

Why would you even join forum with such name when you're pro-life to begin with, what's the point?

• Love
Reactions: JustABug, Antinous, smigglesbred and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The whole point of this forum is to have a place for suicidal people to vent and discuss the subject of suicide away from the pro-lifers who are everywhere else in this society. Pro-choice means to respect people's decisions not pushing the idea that they must live and respecting a choice that an individual made for themselves isn't incentivating people to ctb, it's just being compassionate and respectful.

The reality is that this forum isn't meant for anti-choice people who are unable to accept the fact that we all have a right to die, in fact people come here to escape from people like that.

And if people want "help" and want to continue existing there is a recovery section for those people, I know this fact offends pro-lifers but not everyone wants to stay here, and other people's decisions aren't theirs to make.

And if people take issue with the right to die and people not wanting unsolicted life valuing pro-life rhetoric pushed on them, then they simply don't have to come on here. As other people's decisions aren't any of their business, it's fine if they want to live but not everyone is them, we all experience life differently after all.

It's not pro-death or encouraging suicide if people want a place to vent openly about wanting to die without unsolicted advice, anti-suicide comments and toxic positivity. And anyone who is pushing what I mentioned when it wasn't asked for doesn't belong on a suicide discussion as behaving in such a way is anti-choice, and this site is pro-choice. Sorry but if you are looking for a pro-life forum you are in the wrong place.

Reactions: JustABug, Lifeis_Jouissance70, dizzdesi and 7 others
gonegirl1

gonegirl1

Student
Oct 12, 2023
Well I don't think we're really welcomed in pro-life forums so in my opinion it's quite understandable that pro-lifers are not welcomed here.

A lot of people come here to fine understanding, to find people who can relate not someone preaching about how amazing life is, just like you wouldn't go to pro-life forum and talk about how meaningless life is. That's why we're all here. Seeing other people having similar issues makes us feel less alone.

Why would you even join forum with such name when you're pro-life to begin with, what's the point?
Can you tell me where I said I was pro life? U people are really mad

• Hugs
Reactions: Engström
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
Exactly, they join because they "think" that they can "fix" us.
We have enough problems without having to battle with them as well 🤯

Reactions: bridgegirl, Meditation guide and 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Im not talking about pro lifers in this post, im talking about suicidal people (because why would anyone else be in here) that just chose not to help others dying and chose to just talk to them.
Are those people punished in any way though? Unless someone is very pervasive with "noo don't kys!!" and "are you sure???", nobody really has an issue.

Reactions: LonelyStarrySky, JustABug, Meditation guide and 2 others
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
No-one said that you were pro-life 👍
When people say "you" they mean the pro-lifers, not you personally 🤗

Reactions: Antinous, bridgegirl, Meditation guide and 4 others
gonegirl1

gonegirl1

Student
Oct 12, 2023
Are those people punished in any way though? Unless someone is very pervasive with "noo don't kys!!" and "are you sure???", nobody really has an issue.
Exactly, and yes those people are being banned

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Oct 28, 2023
I'm not saying you are pro-life and I don't think any1 here is mad, it's just misunderstanding. I think every1 here is just expressing how they feel about pro-life people in this community. If you felt attacked then I'm sorry, didn't mean that. When I said "you" I just meant in general, like "who would join a forum fo suicidal people when they're against it". I could've used better wording there, my bad.

Reactions: dizzdesi, Meditation guide, voyager and 1 other person
gonegirl1

gonegirl1

Student
Oct 12, 2023
I'm not saying you are pro-life and I don't think any1 here is mad, it's just misunderstanding. I think every1 here is just expressing how they feel about pro-life people in this community. If you felt attacked then I'm sorry, didn't mean that. When I said "you" I just meant in general, like "who would join a forum fo suicidal people when they're against it". I could've used better wording there, my bad.
I agree with that, but im not here discussing pro lifers, as I already mentioned , people that are just here to chat and see everyone's point of view without incentivating them to die are being banned

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Oct 28, 2023
Exactly, they join because they "think" that they can "fix" us.
We have enough problems without having to battle with them as well 🤯
I don't think people really understand that their "positivity" isn't helpful. When I'm in my lows all I want is someone to listen to me, to understand, I don't wanna hear all this bullshit about "how amazing life is" because maybe it is for them but it surely isn't for me, not in those moments. It makes me feel like they're not listening, that they're not even trying to understand what I'm saying to them. It makes me feel like what I say doesn't matter.

• Love
Reactions: Kore, Fall_Apart, Engström and 4 others
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
I agree with that, but im not here discussing pro lifers, as I already mentioned , people that are just here to chat and see everyone's point of view without incentivating them to die are being banned
To answer your original question then, As far as I can see, not all pro-lifers get banned, just the bloody annoying ones do who are determined that they can "fix" everything with "kind words".

Unless they are genuinely suicidal, they will never know how we feel.

Reactions: Antinous, Meditation guide, voyager and 1 other person
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Oct 28, 2023
Well, I'm still too new here to really notice who's here and who's not. But perhaps what you see them typing isn't everything. Maybe there's more to it, maybe what they said made more people uncomfortable/upset/angry. I have no clue. I just stated my opinion on actual pro-life poeple since that's what I understood your question was about.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, Engström, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
people that are just here to chat and see everyone's point of view without incentivating them to die are being banned
Nobody here incentives others to kill themselves. You can be here and interact with other users showing empathy, answering their questions, listening to them and so on. If you don't want to share specific info about methods you don't have to do that. Sharing information is also not incentifying.

• Love
Reactions: CuerpoMuerto, Tesha, dizzdesi and 10 others
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
Nobody here incentives others to kill themselves. You can be here and interact with other users showing empathy, answering their questions, listening to them and so on. If you don't want to share specific info about methods you don't have to do that. Sharing information is also not incentifying.
Also, this website has more than one forum. There may be a different forum that they could hang out in like the recovery section. This single forum is simply not a place where they would be welcome.

Reactions: BrainShower, dizzdesi, Engström and 2 others
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
But, there's a whole "Recovery" section of the site for pro-lifers. Personally, I'm finding comfort in knowing that there are people to talk to who understand what I'm about to do. They understand the emotional rollercoaster of this. What I'm about to do is NOT easy. I'm scared. The people here (mostly) understand that. I don't need to be "cheered up". I'm not in a "dark place." I don't need to "saved." Not that I would encourage someone else to commit suicide, but if someone is serious about it, then they should have a space for support that helps them while they prepare their minds and spirits for the escape.

Pro-lifers don't get that. They come on here and keep trying to push hopeless hope on people. I mean, I'm not faulting them for wanting to help people they see as needing help. Especially if their genuine in their efforts. But, pro-lifers hear and don't listen. They'll start a conversation and just wait for an opportunity to push a narrative that someone who is serious doesn't want to hear. See, some of what annoys me about a pro-lifer is that they think they know "a solution to my problem." To them, life is by default a positive. So, even trying to explain why I'm doing it falls on deaf ears, because this person is just trying to wait for an opportunity to throw some motivational platitude at me in an attempt to make me second guess my own experiences. As if my trauma is lying to me. Or I'm looking at it all wrong. They do this without any attempt to understand me.

The beauty of this part of the site is that I'm among people who understand the mindset and the spiritual aspect of this. So, someone trying to push hope on this side of the site seems a bit disingenuous and superficial. And some people just find it annoying. Furthermore, to come here and then try to use "pro-choice" to push a pro-life narrative is a bit insensitive and deceptive.

Just my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat, dizzdesi, TapeMachine and 6 others
Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023

I'm not mad. I consider myself pro-choice and have maintained this stance since SS's inception. Do I push any agenda either way - if someone is looking for support, I try to support. When someone gets overly pro-life or pro-death, it tends to turn me off, even while I tend to relate/empathize with those wanting to end their lives more so than those who want to live.

This forum doesn't exactly feel like the place for someone wanting to live but again, it's a choice. Maybe they're drowning in a pool of disillusion? I don't want to exactly push them below the water, so I typically keep my thoughts to myself.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, leavingsoon99, gonegirl1 and 2 others
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
But, there's a whole "Recovery" section of the site for pro-lifers. Personally, I'm finding comfort in knowing that there are people to talk to who understand what I'm about to do. They understand the emotional rollercoaster of this. What I'm about to do is NOT easy. I'm scared. The people here (mostly) understand that. I don't need to be "cheered up". I'm not in a "dark place." I don't need to "saved." Not that I would encourage someone else to commit suicide, but if someone is serious about it, then they should have a space for support that helps them while they prepare their minds and spirits for the escape.

Pro-lifers don't get that. They come on here and keep trying to push hopeless hope on people. I mean, I'm not faulting them for wanting to help people they see as needing help. Especially if their genuine in their efforts. But, pro-lifers hear and don't listen. They'll start a conversation and just wait for an opportunity to push a narrative that someone who is serious doesn't want to hear. See, some of what annoys me about a pro-lifer is that they think they know "a solution to my problem." To them, life is by default a positive. So, even trying to explain why I'm doing it falls on deaf ears, because this person is just trying to wait for an opportunity to throw some motivational platitude at me in an attempt to make me second guess my own experiences. As if my trauma is lying to me. Or I'm looking at it all wrong. They do this without any attempt to understand me.

The beauty of this part of the site is that I'm among people who understand the mindset and the spiritual aspect of this. So, someone trying to push hope on this side of the site seems a bit disingenuous and superficial. And some people just find it annoying. Furthermore, to come here and then try to use "pro-choice" to push a pro-life narrative is a bit insensitive and deceptive.

Just my opinion.
I couldn't have put it better.

Reactions: leavingsoon99
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Maybe you could tell us of whom we are even talking about? Have to admit, I'm rather curious at this point.
Im not talking about pro lifers in this post, im talking about suicidal people (because why would anyone else be in here)
Wait a while... ^^

Edit: Think I know now and assume for leading people off the platform to berate them via discord/pm. Figures. Very watchful dear @mods 🙏

Last edited:
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I think it depends what they do. So far I didn't see mods ban anyone who didn't go overboard with their agendas.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, betternever2havbeen, gonegirl1 and 2 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Yeah, R_N be speaking facts on this. Mods are actually pretty chill, least the ones I've talked to.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, betternever2havbeen and Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020

Pro choice.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Engström, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
We all have those moments

Reactions: jonward55
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018

Please provide an example. We only issue bans to people when there is a certain consensus in our team that someone disagrees with the philosophy of this forum, violate the rules or when they're suspected to act in bad faith, disregarding the boundaries of our members.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fwompie, Antinous, Praestat_Mori and 6 others