Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
So SS members should start a witch-hunt and report the 'pro-lifers' to the mods? What is a 'pro-lifer'? How do you identify one? You could say that it's anyone who hasn't committed suicide yet. It seems that the people who are best able to read the minds of pro-lifers and identify them for the rest of us poor 'suicidal sheep', keep committing suicide for some reason.

I think the word he was looking for was: 'lemmings'. And I don't think he was a 'pro-lifer' trying to talk anybody out of committing suicide, far from it. I assume he was trying to mock the afflicted and increase their misery. Hence the ban.
He wasn't.
I banned him

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
The good thing about this website is the freedom to discuss all topics about suicide. Before I found this site, I was banned from a couple of 'suicide forums' and a depression support Telegram group, for being too blunt discussing suicide. One forum didn't even allow methods to be named. It restricted participation so much that it was impossible to discuss anything more than at a surface level and you weren't allowed to be too negative. I just found it so frustrating, it was just like real life where you can't say anything too negative or you get hospitalised or people get worried. I think this site strikes a good balance. Obviously we all know it has many critics but for people who have experienced or are experiencing suicidal ideation, it can be a great help to share those thoughts here without being censored. It's definitely not pro-death here imo; rather people are respectful of personal autonomy, something that sometimes is dismissed or ignored IRL.
Yes, came across this board in early November 2019 looking for a method, had several tabs open, thinking all were alike was about to close this one too, if it hadn't been for a story of someone contemplating suicide. Could relate. Then saw someone's reply and they didn't try talking them out of it but instead discussing the method and comforting them. Made me curious.

A few days before that happened I was also lurking on reddit, I recall there was a person about to jump from somewhere, the shit they told him was incredible. Don't know what happened to said person, but the "advice" was certainly enough to ctb. Bad joke.

All those boards should be banned from using the term "suicide", because it's never tolerated as an option.