• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

escapefromabuse

Here's Tom with the weather
Jan 25, 2020
Somewhere a couple months I found that I wanted to keep going with this so called life. I re-started my business, walked completely away from the one incredibly toxic person that has taken (almost) everything from me, and I began to think and plan for my future for the first time in over a year.

About 3 weeks ago I got a text from this toxic person's sister letting me know she'd cyberstalked me and found at least one of my online accounts (she had zero idea I was even on this website), and she included screenshots of one of my posts. Ironically, it was a post discussing the last time she'd contacted me.

I've been deeply unsettled ever since and it's set me back emotionally by several months. It's made me realize that I can't simply vanish from this person's life. She will keep a watch on me forever. I've seen her do it with previous exes. It's made me realize she may be taking more from me through the courts than I know. She can't serve papers on me since I've basically disappeared (I've been homeless for 6 months now) but that doesn't mean she isn't doing it.

To cap it all off, my body is falling apart. My joints have swollen up and are painful as hell. I limp around and my knees and hips hurt. It's all sucking the will out of me, again.

CTB is back on the table, folks. FML

Last edited:
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
Oh yikes, sorry that you're going through a very tough time. Sounds like your ex is a real stalker, nut job. Sounds like you have a lot of pain. I hope that you find peace and resolution.

Reactions: escapefromabuse
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Sometimes getting rid of a toxic person is like tying to get dog poop off your shoe.

I don't know how old you are, but I started to get joint pain after I turned 60. I found Glucosamine and Chondroitin to be helpful, but I understand it doesn't work for everyone.

There is an expression, "Having an albatross around your neck" that describes the difficulty in dealing with a toxic person can make being shed of a problem seem impossible. This sort of situation is like a dark cloud that overshadows everything else. It can cause a loss of perspective. You might want to set some time aside to find a person or people who can bring light into your life rather than darkness.

You don't want to focus one just the darkness because that lets the toxic person suck the life out of you. You might try to find those to whom you can be a help. At least the occasional "thank you" can be a welcome change.

BetweenRadioStations

BetweenRadioStations

🎲🎲
Aug 10, 2021
My mom's ex-husband gaslighted my mother and was very mentally disturbed and I grew up in the crossfire for over ten years. It's been around 6 years since the divorce and 8 years separated and he still tries to reach out to us and other people in my family.

I'm not you or your relationship but I can relate to some extent. If be happy to listen and chat if you like.

I wish you the best