• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
(Reminder that I don't have any access to SN, N or Hanging as methods. I also don't have access to carbon monoxide poisoning or anything else in the PPHB. I'm being closely monitored by my family).

I sliced my upper arm today and bled a lot. I was in the right mood apparently. And I have been training to desensitise myself from pain of cutting so it made it easier.

This got me wondering again: why is everyone against exsanguination as a method? It is pretty easy. You just have to slice your brachial artery and you immediately die (arteries don't clot, you'll just empty yourself of your blood).

The pain is not unbearable at all. I didn't kill myself today simply because I chose not to, but I could have

a very small percentage of successful suicide are by cutting, this has started to intrigate me. I' a coward and I'm a woman but I still find it easy to slice deep into my skin (of course, with previous training as I said), so how come it is so uncommon to die by exsanguination?

Screenshot 20211030 030909 Samsung Internet

• Hugs
Reactions: munchynilla, lobster salad, Someone123 and 3 others
Jenjoh2358

Jenjoh2358

Close the world, Open the next.
Oct 12, 2021
Got any tips for a noob like myself?
7FADA4AD 7E3F 48FB 9186 9B2EC1F7F6D5

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: persimmontea, patheticpartner and Insomniac
Insomniac

Insomniac

May 21, 2021
Got any tips for a noob like myself?
View attachment 78147
I don't really have any advice unfortunately lol. I was asking why it was such an unpopular method.

all I know is you risk permanent damage (of muscle structure, nerves and tendons) while looking for the artery. I watch a lot of surgerical videos on the Brachial artery to avoid making mistakes.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner, poisonedminds and 1 other person
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Perhaps is unpopular because of the fact that scars will be left, and many can not take the chance of such notorious thing being discovered on their arm. There is also the chance of touching a nerve, as you mentioned, and also takes practice to get used to the feel of metal ripping through your flesh; which very likely will leave scars.

Many rather chemicals, or even hanging, those have a chance of not leaving marks or not too notorious, if failed or during practice. At the end, is all about being as discrete as possible.

Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, persimmontea, patheticpartner and 2 others
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
I suppose for me its too scary of a method to consider. Although you'll likely be unconscious quickly, those few minutes will be something else. Hitting an artery is unlike any other bleeding. Imagine turning a water hose on and putting your finger over the end. Thats the best approximation I can think of.

It's also an undoubtedly gory method, that puts a lot of people off. If you're found quickly it's definitely possible for someone to save you. Clotting is unlikely but it still can happen. Plus as other people mentioned there's risk of possible permanent damage.

Everyone's preferred method is different so if this is yours fair play. I wish you the best whatever you choose, this is just my take on things.

• Love
Reactions: persimmontea, patheticpartner, Insomniac and 1 other person
Insomniac

Insomniac

May 21, 2021
Clotting is unlikely but it still can happen
Clotting cannot happen if you slice the artery completely in half (unless you have source?).

however, prior to doing it, I'll take multiple tablets of effervescent paracetamol tablets. They are know for creating hemoragy in high dose and preventing blood clotting

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and poisonedminds
R

Romeo1984

Romeo must die
Oct 6, 2021
I remember two cases here in Brazil where people accidentally cut arteries.
The first was a man who fell with a glass goblet in his pocket at his wedding party and severed his femoral artery.
Another is a woman who fell on top of a crystal cup when celebrating Brazil's victory against Serbia in the 2018 World Cup and hit the brachial artery.
It was said in the report that it is not possible to clot the blood, even if it does not completely rupture the artery, due to the enormous pressure (think of a hose releasing a lot of blood) and death was quick (in 1 minute they were unconscious), despite the horror of the blood gushing.
The only chance for both of them would be to try to stop the blood by trying to make compression and have a very fast help, something that in most of these accidents they don't have (prepared people and fast help)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Efilismislife, lobster salad, Naufrago and 4 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Avicii went out this way. He used glass shards from a broken wine bottle. It's not popular because the sight of blood makes most people uneasy.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: BrokenArrow, munchynilla, lobster salad and 3 others
kittymagic

kittymagic

Trying.
Oct 22, 2021
Avicii went out this way. He used glass shards from a broken wine bottle. It's not popular because the sight of blood makes most people uneasy.
Wow. The desperation he must've been in to go out that way. It's always heart breaking, but especially with such a method.

• Aww..
Reactions: munchynilla, lobster salad, patheticpartner and 1 other person
Bigredtxs907

Bigredtxs907

Oct 9, 2021
clap clap. i like it

• Yay!
Reactions: Insomniac, patheticpartner and persimmontea
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Wow. The desperation he must've been in to go out that way. It's always heart breaking, but especially with such a method.

The craziest ctb story I read was about a person who wore a backpack filled with rocks and walked into a lake. I wonder how they felt in their last moments. Drowning is a torture technique. It sounds awful to die this way.

• Wow
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner and persimmontea
persimmontea

persimmontea

May 26, 2021
If you're knowledgeable about this sort of stuff, please give feedback lol

So, what if you could get a modified needle with a large gauge, and pierce an artery with it? Cut the end off of the syringe and let the blood start flowing. You could fix a length of flexible tubing at the end of it so the blood can flow into a 5 gallon bucket nearby for easy cleanup. Just sit back and let your heart do the work, as the bloodflow through arteries is pretty strong. According to Google, you have to lose 40% of your blood to die, which is about 0.53 of a gallon. In theory it could work.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner and eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021

So, what if you could get a modified needle with a large gauge, and pierce an artery with it? Cut the end off of the syringe and let the blood start flowing. You could fix a length of flexible tubing at the end of it so the blood can flow into a 5 gallon bucket nearby for easy cleanup. Just sit back and let your heart do the work, as the bloodflow through arteries is pretty strong. According to Google, you have to lose 40% of your blood to die, which is about 0.53 of a gallon. In theory it could work.

So like blood letting? It would be a good idea to donate blood and see how the professionals do it. Do you just get light headed and faint? This could be more peaceful than hanging if you can handle needling yourself.

• Love
Reactions: persimmontea and patheticpartner
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
(Reminder that I don't have any access to SN, N or Hanging as methods. I also don't have access to carbon monoxide poisoning or anything else in the PPHB. I'm being closely monitored by my family).

I sliced my upper arm today and bled a lot. I was in the right mood apparently. And I have been training to desensitise myself from pain of cutting so it made it easier.

This got me wondering again: why is everyone against exsanguination as a method? It is pretty easy. You just have to slice your brachial artery and you immediately die (arteries don't clot, you'll just empty yourself of your blood).

The pain is not unbearable at all. I didn't kill myself today simply because I chose not to, but I could have

a very small percentage of successful suicide are by cutting, this has started to intrigate me. I' a coward and I'm a woman but I still find it easy to slice deep into my skin (of course, with previous training as I said), so how come it is so uncommon to die by exsanguination?

View attachment 78143
I think most people don't use this because most attempts by this method seem to fail. However, if a person knows anatomy well enough to be confident it will work then that is different. If I personally could be confident enough of getting this method to work I would use it- it's actually sounds simple if you really know what you're doing.

Last edited:
  • Love
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I think most people don't use this because most attempts by this method seem to fail. However, if a person knows anatomy well enough to be confident it will work then that is different. If I personally could be confident enough of getting this method to work I would use it- it's actually sounds simple if you really know what you're doing.

@persimmontea post about using a needle and tubing to drain yourself might be a great method. Needles are scary but less scary than knives. If you know what you are doing it could be pretty painless. Plus I think SI would be lower than if you tried to hang or jump.

• Love
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
I think it is uncommon and is considered being the most unsuccessful way to die because:
1. Some people do heal pretty quick.
2. It's really hard to cut through those veins if you're not knowledgeable enough.
3. Some people get tremendously affected by the sight of their skin being torn open.

My method on my first attempt is cutting through the radial artery. I thought the blade went deep enough through my wrist to even cut the thing, since I felt fuzzy. My body went numb and immobile (I thought I suddenly had a stroke) before I finally blacked out. And when I woke up, the blood flow lessened. Despite that, I am still immobile. I can't talk, I can't move (not even my eyes), and my breathing is too shallow. I remember extreme darkness because I am awake, but my eyes won't open. I gave it some more time until I can move my fingertips and then my body.

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, blueclover_., Someone123 and 1 other person
persimmontea

persimmontea

May 26, 2021
Do you just get light headed and faint?
Most likely. Some people even faint from routine blood donation, so I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to lose consciousness using the method I described. Blood donation takes 1 pint of blood, and other sources say that if you lose up to 20% you're likely to suffer loss of consciousness, so the threshold may be between those. It all depends on heart rate, stress level, iron levels, etc.
However, if a person knows anatomy well enough to be confident it will work then that is different.
That's actually an excellent point: I suppose if someone has more experience locating the carotid artery it very well could work considering it's proximity to the brain

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
Insomniac

Insomniac

May 21, 2021

hmm, I had this idea once. I asked this on Quora and people kept telling me it wouldn't work because the blood will clot. You'd need to manually draw the blood for it to work but you'll just faint before being even close to dying.

but I'm curious, where would you find that "modified needle"?
The only issue I have found with this method is that if you're not in a state of desperation like Avicii was, you can't do it at once. You'll have to cut a little everyday (that's what I do). The problem is, you progressively lose blood before even reaching the artery so you feel weaker every day. And it become harder to go deeper because you're in a weakened state. For example, I woke up feeling dizzy today and my arm hurts.

I think it is uncommon and is considered being the most unsuccessful way to die because:
1. Some people do heal pretty quick.
2. It's really hard to cut through those veins if you're not knowledgeable enough.
3. Some people get tremendously affected by the sight of their skin being torn open.

My method on my first attempt is cutting through the radial artery. I thought the blade went deep enough through my wrist to even cut the thing, since I felt fuzzy. My body went numb and immobile (I thought I suddenly had a stroke) before I finally blacked out. And when I woke up, the blood flow lessened. Despite that, I am still immobile. I can't talk, I can't move (not even my eyes), and my breathing is too shallow. I remember extreme darkness because I am awake, but my eyes won't open. I gave it some more time until I can move my fingertips and then my body.
Yes, you undoubtedly have to do a lot of research to be able to tell an artery from a vein from a tendon. You also need to learn to feel for the pulse. Arteries have strong pulse.

The sight of open skin affected me too but with all the surgerical videos I'm watching, I'm getting getting progressively desensitised.

For me, I made a point to avoid the radial artery because it's very easy to mess up there and end up with permanent motor damage (if you hit the wrong nerve or tendon).

I'm instead going for the Brachial artery X2604 P 572 . The strong pulse there guide me.

in any cases, strong knowledge of anatomy is an absolute prerequisite. anyone can learn that online. It's also important to be able to predict how your body and mind will react in the critical moments so you're prepared.

As for the survival instinct, well, I find that drinking an absurd amount of coffee and Xanax help. I also get abuse from my parents on a daily basis so it's what drive me to cut deeper everyday. Everytime my mom or dad hit a strong nerve, I go in my room and cut deeper. They're my driving force. Without them, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Gray Wounds, lobster salad and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It's unpopular due to being painful and unreliable in comparison to good methods.

• Love
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
The craziest ctb story I read was about a person who wore a backpack filled with rocks and walked into a lake.
Virginia Woolf died by filling her overcoat pockets with stones and walking into a river.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner and eternalmelancholy
Insomniac

Insomniac

May 21, 2021
It's unpopular due to being painful and unreliable in comparison to good methods.
there aren't good methods. They're starting to take SN off the market (increasingly hard to find it) and the cost of N is ridiculous for some of us. also, some of us live in countries with unreliable postal services and inability to order online. there are also legal risk to ordering N. Even when I was in Canada, I couldn't order SN. Now, SN is no longer available on Loudwolf. And people here won't share other SN sources because of the new stupid rules.

Hanging is painful and I don't even have a single anchor in my house that I could use. The good anchors are in the living room or near the stairs but then I'd be discovered.

Overdosing on drugs in a bad idea because your body's reaction is unpredictable. It could end up being extremely painful.

Partial hanging is a joke. It's supposed to be painless but I tried and I just ended up on my feet.

I don't have a car for carbon monoxide. And the logistic of it is too complicated for me. Same for the exit bag.

The suicide cocktail with household items? I don't hear much about it but honestly, it sounds like it's likely to go terribly wrong and be super painful.

There's nowhere high enough for me to jump close to where I leave. And I'm confined inside my room (my parents don't allow me to leave the house, I'm 24).

I wonder what painless method there is. I'm not chosing this method because I want to, I just have zero choice. Litterally. I made this thread for people in my situation.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Midnight-rain, patheticpartner, blueclover_. and 2 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

May 21, 2021
  • Love
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Virginia Woolf died by filling her overcoat pockets with stones and walking into a river.

There was viral video of a Chinese steel worker who jumped into a giant, open furnace to ctb. I can't even begin to imagine the despair someone has to feel to jump into a vat of molten steel.

there aren't good methods. They're starting to take SN off the market (increasingly hard to find it) and the cost of N is ridiculous for some of us. also, some of us live in countries with unreliable postal services and inability to order online. there are also legal risk to ordering N.

There are plenty of good methods but you have to work for it. Obviously SI makes all methods difficult to a certain point. Doesn't help that society tries to restrict access to effective methods.

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, persimmontea and Insomniac
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
Yes, you undoubtedly have to do a lot of research to be able to tell an artery from a vein from a tendon. You also need to learn to feel for the pulse. Arteries have strong pulse.
For me, I made a point to avoid the radial artery because it's very easy to mess up there and end up with permanent motor damage (if you hit the wrong nerve or tendon).
It is. I am glad I did not fully hit the spot all the same now that I have failed in the attempt. But as it is, my left hand won't move as I desire most of the time, its grip is weak, and a finger constantly moves on its own most of the time.

• Aww..
Reactions: persimmontea, patheticpartner and Insomniac
munchynilla

munchynilla

nil
Oct 7, 2020

you can also just get piercing needles by themselves for really cheap. i have a bunch in several different sizes, and think about doing this all the time. i'd just rather do it 'traditionally' tho, personally

• Hugs
Randomgin

Randomgin

Aug 20, 2021

View attachment 78143
The bracial, radial, or ulnar arteries are awful choices. If I ever go out by cutting an artery, I'd choose the carotid, less cutting needs to be done to reach it and you'll pass out in roughly 5 seconds and be dead extremely fast

Reactions: persimmontea, Romeo1984 and patheticpartner