muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm autistic as well and a female, though a bit older. Diagnosed when I was 26.

I feel this. Also tried to work, lots of different places. I always burn out. And people don't take me seriously either. They simply do not believe me when I say something is too stressful/too much.

I've decided to stop forging new relationships. Also because it seems pretty inevitable that I'll eventually ctb. My cats are a big reason to stay for now.
Cats are amazing. Definitely a worthwhile reason to stay :happy:

Reactions: Susan472 and Lostandlooking
HopelessCookie

HopelessCookie

Jan 29, 2021
I'm autistic as well and a female, though a bit older. Diagnosed when I was 26.

I feel this. Also tried to work, lots of different places. I always burn out. And people don't take me seriously either. They simply do not believe me when I say something is too stressful/too much.

I've decided to stop forging new relationships. Also because it seems pretty inevitable that I'll eventually ctb. My cats are a big reason to stay for now.
It's reassuring to hear (in a weird way) that others with ASD have been the same with work as myself. Big hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr and Lostandlooking
czx85

czx85

Student
Jun 8, 2019
Me too. Haven't officially diagnosed, but 99% sure about being an Asperger's. I'm 25 yrs old female. Still in college. Extremely scared of graduation, do not know where to move on next. I'm sure that I would eventually ctb one day

• Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer and Lostandlooking
greyismyfavecolor

greyismyfavecolor

Jul 16, 2020
hey. i was diagnosed but i'm not sure if the diagnosis really fits me. no one explained much to me, they just said i have it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
Viov

Viov

Aug 13, 2020
Fellow Aspie girl here. I also believe very strongly that the world is not built for someone like me, and that despite my most Herculean efforts, life will always feel like it's set to "hard mode" for me. I feel lonely inside, even when around other humans.

The constant misunderstandings and the resultant anger and frustration that people hurl at me when I commit yet another social blunder takes a humongous toll on me emotionally.

I fear even attempting to forge connections with new people at this point, as I know that the clock is always ticking before the next misunderstanding and the subsequent "damage control" I'll need to implement to fix it. I question whether social interaction is even worth the hassle anymore.

Societal change is occurring to try to accommodate Neurodivergent people, but it's moving at a glacially slow pace. You're not alone in feeling this way :hug: :heart:
I find the ticking clock the worst. To know everything blows up or goes wrong sooner or later it's so disheartening Oo

Reactions: muffin222
Wandering_Fox

Wandering_Fox

Mar 20, 2021
Life has been terrible for me, and I use to feel that way. But I'm starting to have hope since I started dating my new boyfriend. Things are looking better for the first time. But I'll see how this goes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I find the ticking clock the worst. To know everything blows up or goes wrong sooner or later it's so disheartening Oo
Right? It's so discouraging to know that despite your best efforts something WILL go wrong and you will say or do the wrong thing at some point, without fail. Normies don't understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr and Viov
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I'm in the exact same situation (except not a girl and dropped out of high school), 20 year old aspie living with my parents, it's very tough "living" life like this.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
N

nasblue

Jul 14, 2018
Yes.

I'm trans, though.
Are you from Germany?
Just asking because I guess the constellation of Asperger's and MtF trans is pretty specific and I know someone like that.

I'm not diagnosed with Asperger's but I definitely recognize a lot of characteristics in me.
I've concluded for myself that a lot of my frustration comes from internalizing social expectations and I've always been happier by myself, maybe with a few select people. But they're hard to find.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trannydiary and gtrfvr
S

Susan472

Mar 13, 2021
Hi xx
Any other Aspie girls on here?
I feeling sooo bad. school and college were ok for me despite being on the spectrum but my life has not have any direction since I left college.
I'm now 20 years old, living with parents and don't fit in anywhere.
I honestly feel like the world is not made for people like me ;-;
Can anyone relate?
Yes, I have it too. I've made it to 55 but my God it's been a struggle! Things seem to be getting harder as I'm more assertive now so this causes more problems than it solves when I stand my ground.

I would love to live with a friend in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and esoterispeec
T

Trans Magus

Mar 8, 2021
Are you from Germany?
Just asking because I guess the constellation of Asperger's and MtF trans is pretty specific and I know someone like that.

I'm not diagnosed with Asperger's but I definitely recognize a lot of characteristics in me.
I've concluded for myself that a lot of my frustration comes from internalizing social expectations and I've always been happier by myself, maybe with a few select people. But they're hard to find.
No, I'm in the US. Unfortunate for many reasons.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Hi xx
Any other Aspie girls on here?
I feeling sooo bad. school and college were ok for me despite being on the spectrum but my life has not have any direction since I left college.
I'm now 20 years old, living with parents and don't fit in anywhere.
I honestly feel like the world is not made for people like me ;-;
Can anyone relate?
I'm a female Aspie too, 21 years old. I was only diagnosed when I was 20, after my first ctb attempt.
I'm the same as you, school felt okay and I did well, but I think 2 decades of pent up emotions and hiding my true self finally took its toll. It feels like I'm not made for this world, I'm a mistake.

• Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing and Lostandlooking
x_LittleAmy_x

x_LittleAmy_x

Student
Mar 18, 2021
We should stay in touch.

Love your profile picture btw x

• Love
Reactions: elfgyoza
Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
I am just a bit curious you don't need to answer.
What's it is like to have apsie? Can't really imagine it.

x_LittleAmy_x

x_LittleAmy_x

Student
Mar 18, 2021
I am just a bit curious you don't need to answer.
What's it is like to have apsie? Can't really imagine it.
Sure, what would you like to know? x

Reactions: Bat 17
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
Only just seen this post. I'm not on the spectrum at all but two years ago I attended a college course with a girl, she was 24, and she had Aspergers. She was also very suicidal; her arms were covered top to bottom in scars, and she was very sensitive to changes, paranoid that people didn't like her and was riddled with anxiety and insecurity. Despite her condition, she was a genius.. her intelligence was off the chart and extremely articulate. Everyone in our class was very supportive of her even when she couldn't recognise it herself. I'm only telling you this so you know you're not the only Aspie out there struggling. I think she will forever be plagued by bad thoughts but I wish her the best, and I wish the best for you too, whatever that may be

Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
My community mental health team thought I was on the spectrum, I think because of my black and white thinking, lack of emotions about some things (I was depressed at the time) and my obsessiveness.

They wanted me to do a test for it but I refused. Not that I would have minded being diagnosed with ASD (my nephew is on the spectrum) but I just thought they were barking up the wrong tree

Gonjoolie

Gonjoolie

Student
Feb 5, 2021
I'm not a woman but I have autism. This world definitely wasn't made for people like us and seeing just how little everyone cares about those of us with mental issues is one of the main reasons I'm gonna ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Viov, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
My community mental health team thought I was on the spectrum, I think because of my black and white thinking, lack of emotions about some things (I was depressed at the time) and my obsessiveness.

They wanted me to do a test for it but I refused. Not that I would have minded being diagnosed with ASD (my nephew is on the spectrum) but I just thought they were barking up the wrong tree
This is the tool they wanted me to do

it's not formally diagnostic of ASD though

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
A bit late to the party but yeah, I have Aspergers.. Everything's just been hard.. Once I finally got diagnosed, I felt really bitter thinking that maybe I could prevented all that shit that I went through, you know? Or at least I could have a reason for being the "weird kid".

It really messed a lot of my chances in life. I know its bad to think of it as a "sickness" but I can't help it most of the time. Being normal would have been easier..

• Hugs
Reactions: Odwin and Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
Also late to the party, but I'm also a female on the autism spectrum. But it's probably combined with some trauma and emotional neglect. So it's often not very clear where my symptoms come from. I'm very sensitive also. And I keep a lot inside. Overwhelmed is the word that fits the best for me. All the time overwhelmed. I was diagnosed when I was 26 I think. Even with a diagnosis it's hard. It's hard to forget everything I went through, and other people often don't understand. The smallest things set me off these days.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bat 17 and Odwin
x_LittleAmy_x

x_LittleAmy_x

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Mhh, what is in general different from you and people with apsie?
I think the biggest difference is that I take things literally and don't know where people are coming from sometimes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bat 17, Odwin and Lostandlooking
Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
I think the biggest difference is that I take things literally and don't know where people are coming from sometimes.
Basicly you dont understand sarcasm? oof, basicly i am the endboss of asbergers. I am sarcasm machine.

Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
Anyone know what happened to Muffin (who's on this thread above) ?